• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How do I stop peeps stealing / plundering from me?

Jhuie

Sergeant
That is true but if they dont know how to plunder then they havent been playing for that long

FlashFire

Private
You can't attack a player you've already aided in the past 24 hours. Maybe that's why you don't get the attack option. And whatever you do, don't send a rude message to the attacker. Try asking them nicely to stop plundering you. I'm an avid plunderer, and I'll stop plundering if you ask nicely. If you're all rude and entitled about it, I'll plunder you everyday.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
New option 'coming soon'...
A new GB - the Galata Tower will soon be released that, once built, has a 'block plunder' ability...
While we still have no idea how to activate the quest line to obtain it, it will eventually show up in your 'hood/guild/friends list as (especially low era) players built their own.
Donate to other players' Galata to get the bp's to build your own, and then level the hell out of it.

By iirc Lv65, it gives a stupid amount of goods & has 5x plunder repel chances @45.82%

It's not bullet proof, like collecting on time is, but it's definitely a far better alternative to building any kind of city defense.:P

A new GB - the Galata Tower will soon be released that, once built, has a 'block plunder' ability...
While we still have no idea how to activate the quest line to obtain it, it will eventually show up in your 'hood/guild/friends list as (especially low era) players built their own.
Donate to other players' Galata to get the bp's to build your own, and then level the hell out of it.

By iirc Lv65, it gives a stupid amount of goods & has 5x plunder repel chances @45.82%

It's not bullet proof, like collecting on time is, but it's definitely a far better alternative to building any kind of city defense.:P
How many times do you need to get plundered to lose the amount of fp it would take to get it to level 56??

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
How many times do you need to get plundered to lose the amount of fp it would take to get it to level 56??
Honestly I'd build it purely for the goods, since it becomes by far the single most efficient goods producer in the game...
And yes, I'm very strongly considering replacing my Obs with this, once it's released and I can nab enough bp's off of 'hoodies. Lv4 GE costs an arm and a leg, and my troops are better served via GBG's, so extra goods will never go to waste.

The plunder repel is just gravy that will sometimes maybe result in a reverse love letter!lol ;)

DESYPETE

Lieutenant

i just wonder when the devs will come up with a gb that stops gbs from being sniped ?? where will it end ?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
i just wonder when the devs will come up with a gb that stops gbs from being sniped ?? where will it end ?
Honestly i'm not too worried about the typical 'minnows' getting this thing anywhere beyond Lv10, at which point it's only iirc, 2 charges @30'ish%... so still pretty reliable to plunder.

The ones who are going to get the most out of it are the players who already have little to no trouble preventing plundering, and even then, it'll only be the late/end game 'hoods that get really annoyed over it.
But then, those are the 'hoods full of Lv90-120+ Arcs, with cities that probably are producing 500-700+ fps/day, and won't care much about missing out on a couple dozen fps/goods because of a Galata block. :P

It'll be most fun IMHO for the mid-game/early game 'hoods where you get the 'determined revenger' who blows up their army getting through the city defense of a player who's been plundering them, and then gets their 'revenge plunder' blocked!lol.
(...actually, I *really* can't wait to do this to future 'hoodies!)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Galata is not a move in the right direction. Learn to play well, collect on time and take one's first steps on the road to invincibility; that's how to be Plunder-proof. There is no answer to unassailable power, regardless of Era. If you can't manage that, well; guess who advanced before they were ready for all-comers? Utrinque Paratus is the only path for Fighters and Farmers alike, woe betide those who seek to oppose us.
Yes, I acknowledge that there will always be more powerful than me/us but it will cost you your eyes to tangle.
Oh believe me, I'm not suggesting Galata as any kind of surefire defense - just that *IF* you plow it to Lv60-65, it's a far better investment vs. wasting 200+ tiles on completely pointless city defense buildings...

Collecting on time and building as many plunder-proof buildings as possible is still the only way to truly protect a city.
However, there's no denying that Galata, (as horrible an idea as it is:P), will hopefully end up generating a few fun 'reverse love letters'. Plus, smaller players power leveling it through a 1.9 thread will end up with a major good-producer, that grows even stupider production/tile than a maxed Shinto Temple.

Last edited by a moderator:

I Am The Cat

Private
You won’t stop it.. you can get vengeance on them and become the neighbourhood attacker and plunder to your hearts content and post your plunder achievement in the corresponding thread :) it will just take a long time so adapt your game and join a good guild who will give you best advice for strengthening up your city and army

It's not usually an achievement though is it? Mostly it's akin to a 20 stone heavyweight kicking a toddler, stealing their sweets and congratulating themselves on their prowess. It's only something to be congratulated if you've gone after a big hitter with strong defence and still managed to beat them. Anything else is "meh....so what?" The attacker will almost always have the advantage. And mostly they only go after players they know they can beat. Where's achievement in that?

Being plundered isn't a biggie for me. It's a very minor irritation but it's part of the game. I just can't get my head round people who plunder players with much inferior defence to themselves and still think it's an achievement to be boasted about.

Powe

Brigadier-General
It's not usually an achievement though is it? Mostly it's akin to a 20 stone heavyweight kicking a toddler, stealing their sweets and congratulating themselves on their prowess. It's only something to be congratulated if you've gone after a big hitter with strong defence and still managed to beat them. Anything else is "meh....so what?" The attacker will almost always have the advantage. And mostly they only go after players they know they can beat. Where's achievement in that?

Being plundered isn't a biggie for me. It's a very minor irritation but it's part of the game. I just can't get my head round people who plunder players with much inferior defence to themselves and still think it's an achievement to be boasted about.
The thread is for the best loot you've gotten.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General

Only an idiot would smash their army vs. a stronger force, especially when the pay-outs overall are very, very minimalistic...

Consider that, *after* getting through a city defense, one needs to;
1. find a completed production
2. building CANNOT be motivated
3. find something other than coins/supplies

Considering the added hurdles, why the hell would I risk losing even a single troop unit? Sure, sometimes you'll luck into a careless 'hoodie who leaves Trains/Hippodromes and/or juicy set buildings open for targeting, but overall it's much more common to end up with only goods buildings as an open target.
So yes, I will always avoid boosted defenders and/or mixed unit defenses, (ie: 2x trebs + 2x xbows + 'zerkers + knights), since it's almost never worth trading dead Rogues for maaaaaaybe a couple fps/goods. :P

peacemaker42

Private
I aid a lot of peeps, polish or motivate. But I always get a couple of them that come and steal from me and what bothers me the most is not knowing how to stop them. I don’t even know how to steal, I cant find that option. Can someone tell me how to stop them and how to be able to steal myself? Thanks.
Put up your city shield in the tavern