• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How Can a Player Win Tournaments When I Can't See Military Camps in His City?

• Thread starter DeletedUser110621
  • Start date

DeletedUser110621

I'm confounded! I'm battling to win the Progressive Era tournament, and there is one player doing exceptionally well -- scoring about 150 points in each of his battle flurries! When I checked out his city (Modern Era), there were only two military camps in the entire city -- an Imperial Guard camp from the Late Middle Ages & a Conscripts camp from the Progressive Era. How is it possible that he could field an army from those camps that is capable of scoring so high in battles? I have four Sniper camps, an Armoured Car camp, and Rapid Fire Canons (all from the Progressive Era) -- and with that huge force I can't come close to scoring the way he does! He'll end up with a score over 700 and I'll be over 100 points behind him. What am I missing? Here's the other relevant fact: he has 19 unique Great Buildings! Do they influence military configurations in any way? I've never seen any Great Building info that suggests that they can do anything than offer a few percentages of attack or defence.

DeletedUser110195

Guild Expedition. You get units of your age at the 3rd/7th/11th/15th encounters of each level up to level 3, 4 does not give units on any encounter. You can also get units of your age from silver relics, if you have the Temple of Relics great building. It is not necessary to have ANY military building in your city to win the tower tournaments.

You can win towers ahead of your age if you push the story quests and map ahead of your age and get advanced units. With rogues it's easy to do this.

DeletedUser96901

and there is one player doing exceptionally well -- scoring about 150 points in each of his battle flurries!
man that is terrible bad

150 points per battle ?
that is less than defeating 2 spearfighters

there were only two military ... he has 19 unique Great Buildings
two military buildings: that is actually one too much

he needs only one
and one of those 19 GB is sure the Alcatraz

btw: can someone have 19 non-unique GB ?

a pen and paper:
and writing down all neighbors with 2 spearfighters :lol:

or doing GvG on all ages map and attacking sectors with 10 times 8 spearfighters in it :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: