• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hover Tanks in InA vs Progressive Era

Sromotnik

Private
Hi

Are Hover Tanks better agains InA troops or agains Progressive Era troops?
I have hoovers in Ina since 300% boost to attack and defense, now at 700% boost to both att and def, and it seems that my hoovers perform wors than they did at 300% boost.
They get damage more often, and I can fight less fights before I have to live them to heal.
One thinng that does not change is, risk of loosing leading Hover Tank at around 80 attrition agains AI set up of 4 Rifleman 4 Hovitzrs
I blame that on Hovitzer ability to ignore stelth.
Makes me think if it wouldn't be better to move to Progressive Era. It seem PE troops ar just a bit stronger but with no special abilities.
Can someone confirm, form experiance?

The Hover tank factory is in the future age so i don't how you got them in the Ind. Age or Progressive era!!??
Anyway IA is a good age where your armies do well against the games ae army opponents, going up to PE does give you stronger armies but your games opponents are also stronger so there is not that much to gain.
Where you do win is when doing GE as it gets easier for level IV.
It's always best to get the highest att and defence bonuses as they stay with you no matter what age you are and will enable you to penetrate further daily in GvG.
Not sure if thats answered your query but I hope it helps.

Last edited:

Shad23

Emperor
Xeon to get higher era troops you need to take sectors on continent map in eras higher then your era and then do story quests who give attacking units 1 of my quests will give me hydroelctric Eels who are in Oceanic futur and i'm in futur era

Valiux

Private
Xeon, There is a guide out there to have higher age units. Starting from InA, you can get higher age units up to OF. You do need to camp a little bit to prepare that. The most amount of work was to get Police station, but targetting the right event and you can get these quite easily. Then, as you may be too low in ATK/DEF to fight on the cMAP, you may have to trade goods to negociate instead of fighting as you progress on the cMap. Both my cities are at 500/500+ so I am figthing most of the fights with obtained units.

Sromotnik, I have 800/500, I use the artillery units a lot more than my hovers. Hovers seems to easily get chip damage from the Howitzer. Above attrition 60... it depends, I am so far doing semi-auto (skip first hover turn then full auto), went to 102 attrition today. (first 2 weeks having them).
2 Railguns + 2 Turturrets +4 rogues get me through a lot of fights without having to switch a rogue. But I do feel it works better at middle attrition. Between 0 to 10 attrition, I would have that surprising hit on the turturret... while from 10 to 30-40, I don't get anything, then I start to have increasing damage and/or switch of rogues.
Saving on diamonds to get my two last turturrets and will see if these are really a better solution than hovers on InA.

Then, as you may be too low in ATK/DEF to fight on the cMAP, you may have to trade goods to negociate instead of fighting
Camping and negotiating, hmm maybe possible to get hovers in IA but is it all worth it for the time and effort it takes? Most players will be like myself and just be happy to get some units from the next age by completing the story quest.
Correct me if I am wrong but i don't think there are many players using hovers in industrial age.

Valiux

Private
Some people can get them relatively quickly. Depends on how much you want to trade for it getting the goods, getting the diamonds to shorten your scouting time. To me up to getting hovers, I think I end with more diamonds that I had to spend, after FE... it gets really expensive because of the massive amount of province to scout.
I passed the story quest blocker during the soccer event (getting the police stations) and my N world reached OF map 2 weeks ago, I spent about 3k diamonds I think into the whole scouting thing up to starting from TE to OF part 1.
My H world is at the first horizontal line of provinces in FE, Hovers will come soon.
Both my worlds are faily developped already, I am going very slow.

Is it worth it? depends on how you see it. Let's say we are comparing heavy units:
Hover: 120/120
Howitzer: 35/35
So for a hover is basically 342% before factoring in the ATK/DEF bonus.

I don't think spending the amount of diamonds I put into it to get more event buildings/daily specials etc... I could reach this amount of basic attack increase. So in terms of time/diamond spent, I am fine with it. I stopped pushing my Traz + AO and will start to push my Arc as much as possible before we can't farm GBG at the same pace anymore. To me it was the quickest way to get more attack/defense with little expense. When wondering about putting 1-2k diamonds to get one or two extra daily specials, I just thought it would be better to go the higher age units.
Before these, I would top out attrition 40-50 and it use a lot of troops, swapping rogues etc as I go, Now, I can auto fight with the same 8 units up to 60 with the periodical rogue swap once every 10-30 fights, depending on luck. So I think it is very worthy.
In my N world, so far, I just saw one person playing with FE units in InA, might be more on higher age, PE, PME, etc..