• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hook and Crate icon to collect all resources crashes

DeletedUser942

The hook and crate icon that appears beneath the current missions no longer works as well as it once did.

The tool does collect all resources for the prescribed number of diamonds, and then offers to reset production houses for a set interval of time. Unfortunately, it only returns some of the production houses to work and not all. Then invariably the connection crashes and I have to reconnect to the game.

Upon reconnecting it becomes necessary for me to finish returning the remaining production houses and goods buildings to work manually.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That shall teach you a lesson to have used that evil button!!

No, seriously, this post made me realize they listened to us, very very little and they lowered the cost to 10 diamonds instead of 15. I had left myself with 14 diamonds to make sure I would never press the button accidentally, now I'll need to find a 5 diamonds cost somewhere... mehhh

I still think this button should be free for all, just to help players, save seconds, etc.

I like the game and I'm a diamond user but shame on Inno for putting a price on EVERYTHING in this game.

DeletedUser17

I cannot recreate this issue. Was this an ill timed crash, or a constant problem?

If it happens often please note which buildings are effected.

DeletedUser942

It happens everytime, ever since the price dropped from 15 to 10 diamonds - more than a dozen times to date from different computers and different browsers. I will attempt again and report which buildings update and which do not.

Did you have a combination of Goods & Production (and maybe even a Military) buildings in your test? I may not have had Goods buildings back when it was successful, so perhaps that is the change and not the diamond price drop.

It does seem an issue when you state the interval with which you want Production buildings to begin anew and the time choices do not coincide with the Goods buildings time slots.

DeletedUser942

Here are the latest results using IE9:

I select the collection option and thn choose four hours as my time slice because both Production & Goods buildings have a Four hour option - everything is collected/harvested, Goods, Production, & Military units, then after about 20 seconds I receive the following error message:
"Sorry, an internal error occurred. Please try again later."

Forge of Empires logs me out an back in automatically - none of the Goods buildings are restarted (not sure if they are supposed too). Currently I have the following Goods Buildings: Weaving Mill, Vineyard, Lumbermill, Iron Foundry, Copper Foundry.

The following Production Buildings are reset and working on their Four Hour assignments (one of each): Bakery, Butcher, Tannery, Windmill, Shoemaker.

However the following Production Buildings are idle and waiting for their next assignment: 1 Tailor and 2 Butchers.

Hope this helps.