• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Holiday Building Upgrades

DeletedUser

Proposal
Allow the ability to spend resources to upgrade a Holiday Building from one age to the next.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I looked through them and saw nothing like this

Reason
There are HUGE differences between the Holiday building rewards at the various levels. Some more than others. Holiday buildings were a great idea and I like having them in my city, but after a couple of ages they become less and less useful. The best example of this is the Confectionary, at the Bronze age my friend tells me that it makes roughly 500 supplies a day. At the Iron age it makes around 1000. By the Early Middle ages the Bronze age version is fairly useless compared to what you can build at that point.

Details
Basically, make it cost a lot to do.

Again using the Confectionary from Bronze to Iron age as the example:
It could cost: 15,000 gold - 10,000 supplies - 50 Limestone - 60 Ebony - 100 Iron - 75 Cloth - 40 Jewelry

You get it for free basically for finishing the quest in the age, this would just allow you to Pay to upgrade it later so it stays useful.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
The high cost would make it so that not everyone would bother upgrading it, but those of us that really enjoy having the Holiday rewards and want to keep them around can make them stay really useful. Since everyone can get these buildings in any age for free just by finishing the quest in the age it would not unbalance anything.

DeletedUser276

Since the game takes a long time to play I dont really see the point to this. Each holiday season they will release more opportunities to get the buildings so your age should be way higher than previous. It is a special building that is given out once a year. With upgrading opportunities then it wont become such a special building. Each major holiday will get a building so your buildings can ever change.

DeletedUser

if you think it's useless by the EMA, delete that building, and put something that useful for your taste, from the production buildings

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1 from me.

The holiday buildings are a reward that keeps on giving. I don't want to delete them but the game is a 'space tyrant' so as we progress in ages we need to delete buildings form previous eras that are not utilizing space efficiently. And that is a shame. How hard would it be to have the reward buildings upgrade when the town hall upgrades?