• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

"Hidden" Guild Forum | Standard "Add to List Function"

Galladhorn

Monarch
Hi, by suggestion from a Moderator I have moved this idea into it´s own thread.

I sit in a guild management and we often e.g. need a Closed Guild Forum to keep track of various tasks and plans thus being able to mutually edit written stuff.
(And no offense, but that can be a rather tricky task with the current Thread system, I´ll get back to that in another Thread)

Suggestion 01/02
Suggesting to implement and "Add Too List" receiver function for (Hidden) Guild Forums.

Suggestion 02/02
Make the "Hidden/selective" Guild Forum Threads based on a standard E-mail address system lists; member-name1, member-name2, etc.

Imo it would be the most flexible UI solution. I do not know the Programming of FoE, but this kind of standard E-mail address system is already available in the Thread System, so I am wildly guessing it is possible without too much extensive alteration of the codes.

NOTES FOR CURRENT SYSTEM:

With GvG a lot more members needs to have Trusted Rights to participate in the GvG Wars,
- so this right needs to be unlinked/changed/altered away from the Guild Forum connection imo.

As soon as the e.g "Forum System" relates to another system like e.g. "Trusted" Rights, it can easily become complicated to freely develop, since it does not stand alone and does not take its input sources directly from the core source bank, in this case the "Guild Members".

Reason:
1) Need a way to mutually share specific texts with selected guild members only.
2) Trusted Rights is not on par with game due to GvG and influences the original intended method for Hidden Threads in Guild Forum.
Details:Using the same standard for selecting receivers to a Guild Forum Thread as in the current Thread system.
Visual Aids: None atm. But I can do this if there is enough back up for the idea.
Balance: No Influence
Abuse Prevention: N/A, (idk)
Summary: (guessing) A simple to medium update giving all Guild leaders and founders a very needed tool.

Cheers
Galladhorn

Last edited:

DeletedUser99588

Personally I would prefer a dedicated GvG rights system and to return the trusted to its original purpose for hiding parts of the guild forum. Although I do like suggestion 02/02 as an additional improvement.

DeletedUser5180

a seperate rights system for gvg is needed and any idea that pushes this further up the list of things to do is a positive idea imo

+1