• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Help

Klauts

Private
I keep seeing a hint to set defensive troops for when someone wants to pillage me, but I cannot find where I can do this? Can I get some help please?

DeletedUser

Helmet symbol, btm left screen. Army Management, Blue Icon for City Guard, add 8 of your strongest unattached, no Rogues as they are wasted in Defence {in my opinion but based on empiricism}. Heavy Infantry or Era equivalent and Ranged; i.e.. Trebs, Cannons, etc. Do not even consider 2 Spearmen, it's a copout and will get you Plundered out of sheer disgust.
Good fortune in the Wars to come and happy gaming.

DeletedUser117039

Ask your Guildmates, they should be able to help. If not, get a better guild.

Klauts

Private
Ok I should have elaborated I am playing mobile as don’t sit down often enough to play on computer, there is no army management icon at bottom left screen.

legend9182

Major-General
Blue color icon

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-18-12-16-08-888_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-06-18-12-16-08-888_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2020-06-18-12-15-59-652_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-06-18-12-15-59-652_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7

Klauts

Private
I can’t read those screenshots and the only blue icons are army market inventory and settings .
Now any normal person would think army would be able to set
Up defences but low and behold it doesn’t because even though I have it fully stocked when I get pillages I only have two defending units ? Am I missing a technology that I need to set defences?

legend9182

Major-General
I can’t read those screenshots and the only blue icons are army market inventory and settings .
Up defences but low and behold it doesn’t because even though I have it fully stocked when I get pillages I only have two defending units ? Am I missing a technology that I need to set defences?
Wait you should be able to open them

legend9182

Major-General
Plus there's no technology needed to unlock them
But yes there is tech needed to be part of pvp

Open the army menu

20200618_090334.jpg

Select a unit and press the blue button

20200618_090403.jpg

Repeat for a maximum of 8 units, defending units are highlighted in blue

20200618_090418.jpg

Defence of your city is done automatically using the units you have designated or 2 spearmen if you've not done it

Klauts

Private
Yeps
If you see my screenshot
You will get how to go to army tab and make army for defense
But at last you will find that defense is easy to kill
I already set army but still only defended with two spears this is why I am asking what is happening. And I told you I couldn’t see your screenshot so it’s no help

DeletedUser

As long as an effort is made, that's all that really matters. I've always raised the strongest City Guard I can but it will never be enough to deter or defend against all. Many Raiders will hit you for your goodies to punish for only having 2 Spears but be gentle if you defend well.
If you do get Plundered it will be piddling amounts so, no lasting damage is done. Take it all in your stride and accept any and all losses with good grace but try to learn from the experience.

DeletedUser

Something I forgot to mention was the Tagging of Unattached Units; this is done in Settings and I advise it's use so you can keep a check on how your Army stands and will help prevent wasting Attached Units in Defence. I save spare Unattached by using Attached for Battles so I can build stocks of Units, which have carried me through IGE and GBG when all others are retraining.
I can't help on any App related matter as I use PCs and haven't even looked at Mob App. Lol, I need the big screens.