• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Help with horses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hi Guys I'm playing on 2 worlds and can't seem to use Cavalry/horseman (at any level) each time I release a stable I get excited only to be disappointed they always seem to get killed easily and I haven't worked out how to turn them to an advantage...all my strategies suck
Any advice please
Mike

DeletedUser1081

it may not be your strategy that sucks, Grath - apart from the animation, FoE horsemen just aren't good for much on the battlefield. most players seem to agree that heavy knights are really the only cavalry that's worth having, as the game now stands. i tried mounted warriors and plain-old (non-heavy) knights with some success, but as soon as i had another use for the space and population their barracks takes up i eliminated them. i was sorry to - i like horses and the animation is charming! but they're just too fragile.

DeletedUser

Yeah. Early on i was told to wait until heavy cavalry was available... All excited when i got there... turns out they are extremely good.....at dying !

DeletedUser

I use the horse out front one or two places ahead of my archers to draw attacks. The horse gets a hit, returns a hit and then my archer on a rock takes out the enemy.
My other option if not a rocky area is to send the horse to attack the enemy units in the back that attack last that dont hit back such as catapults or archers. The ai then sends the foot soldiers back to attack and i can move my archers up to hit enemy troops that have not moved up.
With these two ideas I am always rebuilding the horses because they die but i am able to move the archers back into def while waiting for units to rebuild. archers do seem to be a better def unit

DeletedUser

knights and heavy knights are good in defense so dont dismiss them so easily

DeletedUser

knights and heavy knights are good in defense so dont dismiss them so easily
I am not dismissing them just searching how they can be used can you expand on your defense strategies.....
Mink I tend to agree with your views ...
Thanks for the comments guys

DeletedUser

in defense, the more knights you have the more damage you inflict to the attacker making him think twice next time if its worth wasting troops for a handful of supplies or gold - they are quick and can hit the enemy in the second turn, if you add a bunch of catapults or trebuchets, I think not only you inflict heavy damage but you have a big chance to win regardless of the troops they send.
[that as long as the admins are kind enough to fix that bug that defense troops get damaged in case you win, im waiting for only a few weeks, hope they fix it by christmas, it would be a nice gift - ie. now i just been attacked and 2 of my knights are damaged and had to replace them]

also cavalry is useful if you meet an opponent who has siege weapons or ranged for defense.

in conclusion, having a building of knights or heavy knights is a plus, you never know when you going to need them

Status
Not open for further replies.