• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

help needed. facing LMA troops with EMA troops

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1132

I´m one week away from being able to produce HMA troops but I´m qiute far on the map already.

So far my archers slaughtered everything but now I´m facing LMA troops with my EMA troops and can´t kill them :(

Is there a way to kill them with my EMA troops or do I really have to wait until I can make better troops?

Did anyone manage to kill them and can give me a hint?

DeletedUser

I would hold off a bit as you can unlock a lma sector very early, before even clearing most of the hma sectors and it seems to be a bug as it's also the lma pvp tower sector, and going at them with troops from the iron age could be a issue as the ema horse archers are too weak and they need a buff to help convert people to them away from the awesome archers from iron age.

But even with the other troops from the ema such as mercenaries and catapults you will not be able to do much without a lot of troops getting killed and taking a long time to repair.

DeletedUser1132

Thanks for the quick reply

I´m not sure if I understand you right, I can make all EMA troops already but need one more week to enter HMA. I cleared all EMA and HMA sectors, at least that´s what I think since I´m facing LMA troops now.

So, I cleared Frathia, Canturia and Valetrites and am stuck at Cragshire which is filled with LMA troops and has the LMA PvP tower as well.

I guess I need at least HMA troops to try them on or has anyone managed to do it with EMA troops?

DeletedUser1081

So, I cleared Frathia, Canturia and Valetrites

sorry to digress but: Pam, are you saying you made it through all the berserkers and crossbows with just archers? i love my archers but i haven't tried them on HMA sectors yet.

and i too would love to understand you better, Chompman. if you can give us more clarity, i'd be very grateful!

DeletedUser

There should be more sectors after those you mentioned Pam with more hma units.

The reason I believe it's a bug that the pvp tower zone with lma units, cragshire, is because it's available to be attacked so soon while there are a ton of other sectors full of hma units and can seem overpowered when you unlocked it so early.

Ema units will have a very hard time to clear lma units but because the short range unit is very weak, mounted archers, it makes it even harder so I would wait until you can finally replace the archers from the iron age with the crossbows from hma at the least.

DeletedUser1132

sorry to digress but: Pam, are you saying you made it through all the berserkers and crossbows with just archers? i love my archers but i haven't tried them on HMA sectors yet.

Yes I did, but sometimes I mixed 2 Ballisters with 6 archers and for the 4 to 5 knights I faced in Frathia and Valetrites I even tried 3 to 4 Mercenaries with archers, came very close to victory but never made it. At the end I just tried 8 archers and it worked just perfect :cool:

DeletedUser1132

There should be more sectors after those you mentioned Pam with more hma units.

The reason I believe it's a bug that the pvp tower zone with lma units, cragshire, is because it's available to be attacked so soon while there are a ton of other sectors full of hma units and can seem overpowered when you unlocked it so early.

you might be right. I noticed that my scout followed always some kind of a certain way but after Frathia he had only the option to go up again (and pass Valetrites) to spy Cragshire and after that I had to send him all the way back (passing Frathia and Valetrites) down the map again to spy what ever comes there (can´t tell now because the scout has still 1,5 days to go)

So it kind of looks like Cragshire was not supposed to be spied yet, would be nice if the dev´s can tell us about it

DeletedUser1081

At the end I just tried 8 archers and it worked just perfect :cool:

way cool - thanks! i'm very pleased with my archers so far, and i want to stick with them as long as i can. (well, i've got a quest here that requires me to build heavy cavalry and armored infantry, but i don't know if that means i need to use 'em for anything.)

and thank you Chompman for the further details.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1132

way cool - thanks! i'm very pleased with my archers so far, and i want to stick with them as long as i can. (well, i've got a quest here that requires me to build heavy cavalry and armored infantry, but i don't know if that means i need to use 'em for anything.)

are crossbows worth building, when i get to them? (sorry for the continued digression!)

If you have the same quest as me, it doesn´t require to BUILD them! Just to research them and that you want to do anyway since its needed to go further the tech tree ;)

If there are more HMA sectors coming, I won´t bother with the crossbows and rather head strait for longbows

DeletedUser

and thank you Chompman for the further details.

You can skip those quests if it requires you to build the units and not just research them as I never found either useful enough to build.

If there are more HMA sectors coming, I won´t bother with the crossbows and rather head strait for longbows

It will be a long time to research longbows if you are not even in hma yet and you will need to research crossbows eventually and they will be worth it.

DeletedUser

I have to say, 8 archers totally rock, cleared most of the map with them, but when I got to the lma units i came to a stop...

I am almost at the end of hma in my first world, and its not until you get crossbows that you really replace the archers, but with 8 crossbows man they do some damage... range isnt quite as good as archers, but the extra health means they take 3 hits to die unlike the two the archers take so they last that little bit longer in battle also...

DeletedUser1081

the quest i'm facing just says "have 3 heavy cavalry and 3 armored infantry" - it's hard to tell whether that just means "research them" or if i have to build them. i guess i'll find out!

DeletedUser653

some quests just cancel, there will be others that come up and sitting on one for too long does not help you. If you do not need the troops then do not do the quest unless the reward is very good.
i.e the only time i have gone out of my way was for 20 limestone reward if i built 2 new culture buildings which i did not need, so started a stone circle got 50% there, deleted it and started it again, got the reward and then deleted the building, so in each case i deleted the building after about 10 secs of building time. After i got the reward and 20 limestone for 3 mins work and some coins lost was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.