• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Have Forge Points-Need Friend w GB / Have Great Building-Need friends w Forge Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

"I Need A Friend Tonight"

I've been walking down these streets alone
Twenty four years of mindless games, I still can't find home
And I've been trying to find Jesus
He's the only one who can save me from myself

And oh, my Lord, I need a friend tonight
Oh, my Lord, I need someone to help me through
Oh, my Lord, I need a friend tonight.

(written by Charles Simpson)

Ever feel like that. - Well, I dont have a BP yet, but Im working on it and I have forge points to burn on several servers, so...

This thread is intended for listing yourself as out there on the open market, needing a friend

There are 2 kinds of friends.

Friends that have Great Buildings up and running and Friends that have Forge Points to spend. - Some people are both kinds of friend.

In any case, list below, so interested people can send you friend invites on the proper servers:

Which server you are on, if you have Great buildings and if so which (on which servers) and if you want to spend forge points.

1) Tviorr: Arvahall, Brisgaard, Cirgaard, Dinegu, East-Nagach, Fel Drangyr, Greifental. I have no Great buildings yet, but I have forge points available on all the above servers. Plenty on a few of them.

Go ahead and invite me if you want another player adding to your GBs.

DeletedUser

Got one request, which I assume was from this thread. - Noone else wants in?

Have I placed this in the wrong forum. - Cant seem to find any friends request in the server forums or a general friends request thread anywhere?

DeletedUser4089

It may be that people would rather contribute to a guild-mate's Great Building than an unknown stranger and possible enemy.

Greywolf

Sergeant
You can help build my GB's, but unfortunately you can't donate FP's to players that are either in another guild or in a different neighbourhood.

DeletedUser276

if you guys boost people's not in your guild then all your doing is making the addition updates more harder when they complete :P

dont forget in the future it will be guild vs guild and you will need all the benefits you can get to beat the others. Not power them up so that you have a way harder time with things.

DeletedUser6525

if you guys boost people's not in your guild then all your doing is making the addition updates more harder when they complete :P

dont forget in the future it will be guild vs guild and you will need all the benefits you can get to beat the others. Not power them up so that you have a way harder time with things.

I'm not sure you've fully thought that through. A person outside of the guild who already have a GB in the works will most likely have it finished (or at least almost finished, to the point that the remaining few levels doesn't make that much of a difference) by the time the guild vs. guild update goes live, whether non-guild members help out or not.
Therefore, by helping out a non-guild member to upgrade his GB, you're not only gaining forge points and blueprints for yourself to help supporting your own guild and to build your own GB's, but you're also stopping that person's fellow guild members from getting all of those bonuses themselves. Thus aiding your own guild and hindering your opponents' guilds in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

lol I was talking about letting people into your guild to poach your blue prints. But obviously you know better than me ;) I was just trying to give advice for whats going to happen in a future update. But you can do with my info as you will.

though if you can get into other peoples guilds.... you can poach theirs and do what you were talking about. Though your comments were on getting in theirs and poaching theirs rather than them getting in yours and poaching yours.... coincidence? I think not :D

DeletedUser

I dont see the big problem either. - A Great building will yield what ... 60+ blueprints to the people who help out the Great building level up.

Granted there will be some duplicates and triplicates around and some may be wasted or a long time in getting to be a building for people that either never get around to it, or take a very long time assembling enough blueprints for that particular building.

Still 60 blueprints should be enough for at least 2 new Great Buildings. - In other words, there will be plenty of new Great buildings spawning when looking at it over time to the point of the forge points donated to the great buildings being the bottle neck (eventually). So the main point for people with great buildings at this point, would to my mind be to scratch up as many forge points for the buildings as at all possible. - It will only get harder to get people to donate to them once most people have Great Buildings up and running.

In essense what people should be careful about is donating their forge points too freely outside their own guilds... For me personally this danger is offset by greater chance of getting my own great buildings, which will also benefit my guild(s) early on. - Aside from the fact that on some worlds, Im periodically wasting forge points while I wait for resources.

The danger I specifically dont see is suddenly running out of Great Buildings to donate to in ones guild. The forge points should seemingly be harder to come by over time as the only real limit to the amount of great buildings is to fit them into your town. And most people will want 8-12 of them eventually...?

But of course if you dont want me to donate forge points to your great buildings, then of course dont send me an invite or dont accept mine.... I would have thought that went without saying... It does seem a bit overkill to me for 2 mods to chime in in quick succession casting me as the dark and sinister enemy waiting in the wings to destroy those who foolishly allow me to help level up their great buildings... Could be just me, of course ;-)p

To Greywolf.

I would love to help level up your GB.- To my experience, I CAN donate forge points outside my own neighbourhood and guild by having people as friends, go to their towns, visit their GB(s) and donate forge points. - Ive done so and not encountered any problems with it so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

lol its gonna bite you when guild wars start. This will be the last I mention on it. But I can honestly say you have been alerted ;)

DeletedUser

Im still at a loss to why you think so.

When I look at it, both the guild letting a few active people in to spend forge points and the guild with the people spending the forge points at friends in this manner will have more and/or better Great Buildings than they would have otherwise.

This of course goes a hundred times over for people in small guilds like me (now only on 6 servers) that dont actually have a great building to donate to inside their own guild. Even on my 7th, we only have one type of great wonder to donate to inside the guild at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.