• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

have anyone seen this error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser124

Sorry, an error has occurred!
Call to scout returned null, tried 3times.
(OK button)

if you do please share your thoughts

DeletedUser1081

yes, i've seen that on the continent map. i went back to my village and the next time i looked at the continent it was all right.

my thoughts: FoE is full of little mysteries.

DeletedUser124

i went back to village and refreshed its still the same. now i cannot do anything. fk.
i take me 1.3days to scout that province + the coins of more than 18k now im stucked

DeletedUser

I also get that error, when i get all my coins in the houses that error appeared

DeletedUser653

Hi its a very common error at the moment and to help solve it you need to post screen shots of the area you were scouting showing before the error and after the error message. I waited 54 hours to scout an area and then 2 more days for the same error you are talking about to be resolved.

have a look in the bug section and if someone has already posted about this add your issue to the thread.

good luck

DeletedUser180

Hi its a very common error at the moment and to help solve it you need to post screen shots of the area you were scouting showing before the error and after the error message. I waited 54 hours to scout an area and then 2 more days for the same error you are talking about to be resolved.

have a look in the bug section and if someone has already posted about this add your issue to the thread.

good luck

or just do what your suppose to do and send an IG support ticket so that there is a log of it. Tickets have timers, and if you log support, they can't just ignore them..It may not get fixed immediately, but at least there is a record of the report...geeze people.

one other thing Epicurus.....correct me if I am wrong, but isn't your siggie rather insulting? So your dumb TOE is going to jack up links in signatures for the rest of us?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Submitting a ticket won't do a thing, the IGM's have no way of fixing it for you. And as it's already in status "reported", spamming JIRA's won't do any good either. When the error occurs, you can't do anything but to wait until the issue resolves by itself. For a 24 hour scouting trip, you will have the error for 1 day following the arrival of the scout in the new province, a 4 day scouting trip will have you wait an additional 4 days accordingly.

DeletedUser180

Haekel,
you and I both know they log those IG reports. They log nothing on the forum. There is a better chance that it won't fall in the cracks if there is a less confusing/spamish way to report them. Yes it may take a while, but we know that Checkered Jester and Blacksmith are pretty good at following up with IG reports. Much better than the bug section here, especially since you are no longer doing the bug section. Had you still been doing that, yes I'd agree. But since the children won't learn the search method, who in the world wants to go an scroll through the bug section anymore?

By the way, for the longest time I thought you were a figment :D Nice to see your real ;)

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what you mean with "IG reports", if you mean support tickets: No, they're not logged, just archived after having been delt with. The ones containing new, unknown bugs and errors are being communicated to admins with JIRA rights, they check again, submit a JIRA and from then on it's up to the devs how they deal with the issue. The community management and his/her staff can't do anything else from this point in time - spamming the JIRA list would make the Devs angry. And you don't want to make them angry! And talking of angry: When looking at the poor bugsection you mentioned, one can indeed reach that state of mind. 8 pages (is it still 8 or 9 already?) pages of chaos as opposed to 2 pages when I stopped modding there......

But back to topic:
I was actually able to circumvent the "call to scout" error by being fast. Clicked the coins where the scoutsman stands, clicked the province, clicked a sector, clicked "attack", and I was able to fight and win this sector and even got credited the battlepoints. But you have to be real quick or you get the error before entering the battlefield. Clicking "Infiltrate" gets you an internal error, so infiltrating the enemy doesn't work, bummer this.

DeletedUser

Support is discussed in this thread. http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?47-Questions-FAQ-Please-read-me! What is created in that process is a "support ticket".

In-Game reports are the battle reports you get at the conclusion of a battle and also are considered the same as the Event History. What a large number of players are requesting, are In-Game notifications when a support ticket is responded too and also more robust/informative In-Game reports.

DeletedUser180

I should reword it, report the error through IG Support option. I don't much care if the devs get pissy about the over abundance of support tickets. They aren't doing anything based off the forum bug report. And I KNOW IG support tickets ARE tallied, and tracked. If it gets bogged down, mayhap the devs will focus on fixing this world rather than focus on opening other speaking worlds as it seems to be according to their facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.