• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hardware Acceleration - causing slow city-loading?

DeletedUser

• Worlds: Arvahall, Fel Dranghyr and Houndsmoor
  • Browser and Version: Google Chrome 34.0.1847.131 m
  • Overview of the bug: After enabling the Hardware Acceleration feature and playing for some time, I experienced slow city-loading times when visiting other players' cities
  • Screenshots: N/A
  • How often this occurs: It occurred with every city that I visited
  • Urgency: medium
  • Preventative Actions: I'm aware that I need to clear cache and refresh, but was seeing what happened without taking any measures
  • Summary: After some experimentation and comparing a world using the HA feature and one not using it, I think I may have a 10 second loading time when the HA is enabled and a 6 second loading time when it is disabled - for roughly comparable cities and with the same amount of online time and same browser cache conditions.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: I've raised a ticket to support, but can't see a bug report yet
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum: I have cleared my browser cache and refreshed. I also tried turning the feature off in one of my worlds to compare.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My game is slower too.. It takes much longer to switch from tech/trade/world view to city view and sometimes it freezes, taking down the whole browser (Chrome).. Also experiencing some graphic glitches, like part of the building sliding around city, etc. I hate that the game is not made on HTML5/jQuery.. Flash is oldschool, slow and buggy, losing it's support fast.

DeletedUser97961

slow loading

same here game slow in switching between screens.

DeletedUser

If the Hardware Acceleration feature is making the game slow, it is best to disable it for now.

DeletedUser

Same for me on Greifental, my game is faster with it off lol, kim.

DeletedUser

At last I have been trying since 15 may to log in and use the forum. Still can't log in but today I have managed to get onto the forum. As far as logging in it still freezing up on the main page. I have tried every way possible, even reset my browser still no luck