• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: happiness bug

DeletedUser

• World:
  • Browser and Version:
  • Overview of the bug:
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs:
  • Urgency:
  • Preventative Actions:
  • Summary:
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:
I needed 155 points to raise my happiness. I built a Triumphal Arch raising it 190. Now I need 182 more points!

DeletedUser16026

You may have needed more happiness in order to advance to the next happiness status. So your citizens went from angry to happy. Now they need to reach enthusiastic status. These statuses give you a bonus to your city's productions.

Your current happiness level is correct, you need the additional 182 to reach the next status.

DeletedUser

>So your citizens went from angry to happy.

They weren't angry. Try again.

DeletedUser7719

Considering a Triumphal Arch takes time to construct, it's possible that a few polishes wore off during that time ;)

DeletedUser80579

You may have needed more happiness in order to advance to the next happiness status. So your citizens went from angry to happy. Now they need to reach enthusiastic status. These statuses give you a bonus to your city's productions.

Your current happiness level is correct, you need the additional 182 to reach the next status.

Those figures don't even make sense for an IA account, you're just posting nonsense to fob players off again.

DeletedUser99588

Those figures don't even make sense for an IA account, you're just posting nonsense to fob players off again.

How do you know the player is in IA? I can build a triumphal Arch and I'm in TE :)

Would be interesting to know if Darkstar checked the players account first before responding or just made an assumption and posted as if it was fact.

DeletedUser80579

How do you know the player is in IA? I can build a triumphal Arch and I'm in TE :)

Would be interesting to know if Darkstar checked the players account first before responding or just made an assumption and posted as if it was fact.

TE would make even less sense ;) I was being generous by postulating IA lol

DeletedUser96901

why should Darkstar waste his time and check the city ?

for that he must search it first :rolleyes:

at least when reporting an error the player could post the important things (like the world) in the template :rolleyes:

They weren't angry. Try again.
maybe you try first with a correct bug report :rolleyes:

with a population of exactly 543 they make sense :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser80579

Right, why should support waste their time trying to help a mere player :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Who has 543 population in IA lol ergo doesn't make sense

DeletedUser99588

why should Darkstar waste his time and check the city ?

for that he must search it first :rolleyes:

Never said he should but IF it hasn't been checked then don't respond as if stating facts when it is just assumption.

I do agree the OP should have filled the bug report in more detail.

DeletedUser96901

Who has 543 population in IA lol ergo doesn't make sense
yes who has so less population in IA :eek:

that are less than 8 cottages ;)

or could that be a city which hasn't IA houses yet, only using BA houses ?

DeletedUser80579

One IA goods building alone is 230 pop, so 543 total isn't really very realistic now is it?

DeletedUser96901

so 543 total isn't really very realistic now is it?
but it is possible

and Darkstar sure checked the city first before posting
so why do you think you are smarter than Darkstar ?

One IA goods building alone is 230 pop,
who said that city has a IA goods building ?

btw you can research Triumphal Arc before IA goods buildings :eek:

and you can build one Triumphal Arc in a city with only BA buildings ;)

DeletedUser80579

but it is possible

and Darkstar sure checked the city first before posting
so why do you think you are smarter than Darkstar ?

It's just how he comes across hehe
And yes I'm sure he checked :rolleyes: so if you're sure he checked why did you earlier ask 'why should he' as if you assumed he hadn't?

who said that city has a IA goods building ?

You're missing my point, my lovely

btw you can research Triumphal Arc before goods buildings :eek:

Erm no, not necessarily lol

DeletedUser96901

You're missing my point
you are missing my point

IT IS POSSIBLE to have 543 population at the beginning of IA

or is there a condition to have more before you are allowed to advance into IA ?

so saying "543 population doesn't make sense" doesn't make sense

DeletedUser80579

Ooh caps lock, does this mean we're starting to shout?
Unfortunately this is becoming so pedantic it's pretty boring now, so I'm going shopping instead :) toodles

DeletedUser7719

Did anyone here other than Darkstar actually try searching the player up? He has a city in Odovakar that has triumphal arches, so I'm assuming that is the city he's talking about:
6Dkg5CT.png
So he has 36 multistories and 4 clapboards which makes 3648 population. Since I'm too lazy to count and determine the happiness from the decorations and roads, I'll only make an estimate that the city was angry before he built the Arches (as a polished theatre and polished bath is still 1428 happiness under a normal city), so that likely did bring him up to a normal city (not delighted) and is currently 182 under delighted.

If the OP is sure that his city was not angry at first, then (as stated on my last reply) I'm assuming that some polishes wore off before the Arches were finished constructing.

DeletedUser96901

Did anyone here other than Darkstar actually try searching the player up?
should we players really create a city in every 14 worlds to search his city :confused:

wouldn't it be easier if the template is used and the world is named so players in that world could look at his city :rolleyes:

DeletedUser7719

should we players really create a city in every 14 worlds to search his city :confused:

wouldn't it be easier if the template is used and the world is named so players in that world could look at his city :rolleyes:
Don't see why you even decided to reply to the rhetorical question, but there are third party ways of searching a player across a server, so you don't need to search in all 14 worlds. You seem to take the time to calculate how 543 is a significant number that makes sense towards the situation, how many cottages it would take to cover 543 population, and find out that triumphal arches can be researched before goods buildings, so yes, you the player does seem to already put in some extra work so mind you if I just want to end the pointless argument above by finding more details behind the situation.

DeletedUser16026

I cannot claim to know what he was seeing beforehand, if there are further issues with what they've seen they're free to contact support directly so we can give them more details.