• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: GVG unit pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser105579

Proposal:

A guild unit treasury

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?28558-No-Trusted-Rights-for-Army-Replacement

Reason:

This idea is intended as a solution to this problem/idea. (see link)

Details:

Guildmates can donate to a guild unit treasury, which can then be accessed by trusted+ members to add army replacements or use for attack. This page will be accessible from the gvg page. Any guildie BELOW trusted can suggest replacements to a sector; trusties can access a page from gvg to accept suggested army replacements. Only guildmates ABOVE trusted can reject.

Any attached unit will become relatively unattached when donated. This means, that particular slot the donated unit came from can produce another unit, but no unit from that particular slot can be donated again until the donated one dies.

Once donated, that particular slot on that military building will display a yellow coloured "GVG" in the top right corner

If you delete a building with a donated unit, you may not donate again until that unit is used and dies.
^If such a scenario happens, your donated troop will be the first used when that particular type of troop is selected. Eg. if you delete an iron age archer barrack and one of the slots corresponded with a donated troop, the first iron age archer selected for army replacement or attack will be that one.

Balance:

Has no balance issues.

Abuse Prevention:

Cannot be abused. On contrary, will help ease tense guild relations, and circumvent the issue mention in the above link of "handing out rights"

Summary:

Anyone can donate troops to a guild treasury; this page can be accessed from the GVG page.
Anyone below trusted can reccomend units to replacement or attack.
Trusted above can access a page from the GVG page that allows them to accept replacements/ attack additions.
Anyone above trusted can reject replacements.
Attached troops go to guild treasury unattached, but that particular slot cannot be used to donate again until unit is dead.
A slot corresponding to a donated troop will indicate that in the military building page, with a GVG in the top right hand corner.
If you delete a building that has a slot corresponding to a donated troop, that troop must die in order to further donate to the treasury.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I would also want to add that any attached unit's slot will be held onto until it is used. You can also delete that the attached unit in order to access that slot again, or else you are technically now turning military buildings into an unattached unit recruiter (for guild use only).

DeletedUser5180

a good idea but i would like to see the slot freed up once a unit has been donated and once donated the unit cannot be removed / deleted by the original owner.

basically it would work like the treasury, once its donated then its there forever until used

+1

DeletedUser105579

I would also want to add that any attached unit's slot will be held onto until it is used. You can also delete that the attached unit in order to access that slot again, or else you are technically now turning military buildings into an unattached unit recruiter (for guild use only).

a good idea but i would like to see the slot freed up once a unit has been donated and once donated the unit cannot be removed / deleted by the original owner.

basically it would work like the treasury, once its donated then its there forever until used

+1

My question to both of you, seeing as now there are two opposite viewpoints to this idea,

Which way should this idea be heading?

1) Attached units stay attached, owners can delete

2) Attached units go to treasury "unattached", owners cannot delete

3) Something in between: Attached troops go to guild treasury unattached, but that particular slot cannot be used to donate again until unit is dead, deleting self-donated troops not allowed?

4) Something else in between?

--> As of now, I am going to replace the current idea donation section with option 3, (both ends win), but if you disagree and prefer a different option, feel free to comment and suggest!

DeletedUser2989

I think the attached units would have to stay attached due to the different "personal" behavior of troops and goods.

When you collect goods they go into an "infinite" space, when you collect troops they go into a finite space (being the barracks itself). If you adjust it to "detach" units donated you suddenly create an "infinite" space to collect troops (even though it becomes the guilds you can still have a 1 man guild using the GvG map as a form of PvP). Option 3 could work to mitigate this but It would probably add to the load of data needing to retain some form of identifier that keeps in individual in the "GvG Pool" and allows the player's building to identify that a troop from that slot has already been used to donate.

So personally I can see option 1 being the easiest way to go when it comes to attached troops, adding some form of "GvG banner" to the unit icon when viewing the barracks would help make it clear which ones are locked in the "GvG Pool" and you'd be able to keep the same attached/unattached set up for the pool that we see for the army management.

DeletedUser5180

i'm not sure option 1 would work. lets say i donate a load of troops but they do not get used meaning i cannot pvp. if this happened regularly i'd just stop donating troops.

an easy solution would be that only unattached troops (from quest rewards, 8 hour treasure hunt chest and alcatraz) could be donated.

DeletedUser7719

i'm not sure option 1 would work. lets say i donate a load of troops but they do not get used meaning i cannot pvp. if this happened regularly i'd just stop donating troops.
Then don't donate your attached troops. Only use them for direct replacements ;)

Option 4 could be like how the defending army works now. You can still use the troops for PvP, they just need to be alive when another person tries to use them from the treasury.

Right now,
Option 1 and 3 should make using the attached unit first priority (in order of donation), then unattached
Option 2 wouldn't need any specific order
Option 4 would make the attached unit last priority (completely opposite of option 1 & 3's priority)

DeletedUser105579

1) Attached units stay attached, owners can delete. Priority to attached unit.

2) Attached units go to treasury "unattached", owners cannot delete. No order.

3) Something in between: Attached troops go to guild treasury unattached, but that particular slot cannot be used to donate again until unit is dead, deleting self-donated troops not allowed. Priority to attached unit.

4) Opposite in between: Donated troop goes to treasury attached, but donater can use for PVP etc, if troop isn't dead it can be used to replace right away. Priority to unattached, then full-healed attached.

How I think I see it,
Option 2 is what no one wants as it would create mass unattached troop production.
Option 3 is Option 2 with a restriction to prevent abuse.
Option 4 is another nice option, an extension of Option 1.
Option 1 is the quickest and most efficient, and will not add to much to data.

Option 3 and 4 would be possibly the most ideal if they could have data reduction to somewhere close of Option 1

You could always delete your troops.... but with a large donation especially, I see your point, that is an inherent flaw in option 1.

I think the attached units would have to stay attached due to the different "personal" behavior of troops and goods.

When you collect goods they go into an "infinite" space, when you collect troops they go into a finite space (being the barracks itself). If you adjust it to "detach" units donated you suddenly create an "infinite" space to collect troops (even though it becomes the guilds you can still have a 1 man guild using the GvG map as a form of PvP).

Your point here makes sense too, Option two would not work as it would get heavily abused.

That leaves Options 3,4, or a new construction

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Well there is option 5 as Akbhoy already suggested:
Just don't allow attached units to be donated

4) Opposite in between: Donated troop goes to treasury attached, but donater can use for PVP etc, if troop isn't dead it can be used to replace right away. Priority to unattached, then full-healed attached.
Health shouldn't matter as the units are automatically healed when used in defenses/sieges

DeletedUser105579

Option 5 then = Option 4 :)
This option does seem better in terms of the amounts of data

DeletedUser99588

-1, the solution to the problem referred to in the OP link is to have a good set of dedicated GvG rights for a founder to be able to assign IMO.

DeletedUser2989

I guess the fix for option 1 would be to replace "delete" with "recover". So people can donate attached units (with the slot remaining locked) and if they change their mind and want to PvP with them they can "recover" the unit which removes it from the pool, given someone hasn't used the unit already for a defensive army of course. :)

DeletedUser5180

I guess the fix for option 1 would be to replace "delete" with "recover". So people can donate attached units (with the slot remaining locked) and if they change their mind and want to PvP with them they can "recover" the unit which removes it from the pool, given someone hasn't used the unit already for a defensive army of course. :)

i still don't like the ability to recover units.

lets say i donate a load of troops, they don't get used so i recover them. What if the guild at roughly the same time spend 100s of goods on a seige only to find the troops they were about to use have been recovered and those goods are wasted.

i could be a player that doesn't actually fight in gvg or read messages instantly so may not know what problem i've just unwittingly caused.

i think donating only unattached troops is the way forward for this idea. would the coding not be easier also for unattached troops (as attached troops need the data for which player and which barracks etc that it belongs to)

DeletedUser15432

I believe something similar to this has already either been discussed in the general forum under games discussion or already submitted as an idea, I am not in favour of this idea, due to the fact that under the current system anyone with trusted st56atus could fritter these units away on needless actions and not have to use their own units, even though it is a good idea

Therefore a -1 for this idea from me

DeletedUser7719

I am not in favour of this idea, due to the fact that under the current system anyone with trusted status could fritter these units away on needless actions and not have to use their own units
One point of this idea was to limit the amount of players who need a trusted status though...

DeletedUser2989

I believe something similar to this has already either been discussed in the general forum under games discussion or already submitted as an idea

As pointed out this idea was indeed forwarded as a part of the GvG feedback thread. However this thread will be useful if the devs want any more specific ideas or thoughts on it. As there currently is no thread in the forwarded section for this topic I'll be marking this one now as forwarded to help give the devs a point of reference that is easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.