• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: GvG Troop Collection (Guild Barracks)

DeletedUser

We should be able to donate troops into a Guild Barracks, like to we donate goods into the Treasury.
Make this screen another tab in the Army Management Tool, like the Treasury is added into the Market Tool.
Make the current screen say Army Barracks tab and the new tab Guild Barracks, so we can see what we have personally to fight with for those who want to still to PvP. And on the Guild Barracks tab we can see what forces are available for GvG and be able to add our personal troops into that tab.

Then when fighting GvG, it looks into that collection of troops to see what is available for GvG battles. So anyone with Trusted Rights in the guild can use and fight with the troops collected, just like anyone with Trusted Rights can use the Goods that have been collected.

DeletedUser13082

That's actually a pretty good idea so +1 from me. However this should be in the ideas forum rather than the discussion forum and also the correct ideas template should be used :)

DeletedUser13082

Can you help be get this into the right place?

A mod will move it into the correct forum for you when they see it. After that head to the ideas forum and check the top threads, one of them is a template for new ideas threads. Have a look through that and then simply edit the original post of this thread to put it into the same format as the template :)

DeletedUser9168

Great suggestion, HelizWrath. +1 from me

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

This has already been sent to the devs. Do not know if they are going to react to it or not though...
DFdCvN9.png
1FEuWP4.png

qV17FZ6.png

07qUtFA.png

zrH0iea.png

These pictures were made by another player

DeletedUser13082

This has already been sent to the devs. Do not know if they are going to react to it or not though...
DFdCvN9.png
1FEuWP4.png

qV17FZ6.png

07qUtFA.png

zrH0iea.png

These pictures were made by another player

Very good layout, let's hope it happens :). Also though, "select A unit" not "an" :p

DeletedUser96867

I have to disagree with this one. I'm ok with a guild unit treasury to be used to place siege or defense armies. This would allow players who have lost a lot of units/(casual player with only a few units) to pool their units to come up with 8 unit siege or defense army. However if the units were able to be used for an attack, then even more of the attacking would be left up to the couple best fighters with the highest attack boosts in a guild.

The entire guild could donate units to the treasury so the highest ranking(perhaps mercenary) player could come in and autobattle through an entire sector quickly. Think that would take the fun out of gvg for all but the few players doing the fighting.

Just a thought

DeletedUser

I am against this, the biggest guilds could simply build half dozen or more barracks and store a vast amount of troops in the pot, then delete the barracks and build for the next era, whereas smaller guilds couldn't, at least the way things are you are limited by a maximum of 4 troops per barracks, per era, per battle, meaning a little more skill is required.

DeletedUser

I am against this, the biggest guilds could simply build half dozen or more barracks and store a vast amount of troops in the pot, then delete the barracks and build for the next era, whereas smaller guilds couldn't, at least the way things are you are limited by a maximum of 4 troops per barracks, per era, per battle, meaning a little more skill is required.

Unless there was a way to keep the donated units tied to their barracks as they are now... as in if the barracks are deleted, all units trained within are lost from the pot.

DeletedUser96867

@ lady-lexis

Any intelligent design of such a unit treasury would have to keep the units connected to their buildings(with units slot filled) until the units were used as you suggest. It's probably best that they don't add a unit treasury feature at all, as i have little hope they would get it right.

DeletedUser15432

I also would disagree in principle with this, this would penalize the players who have optimized their cities for GvG battles in favour of those who had generalized -1

DeletedUser

I'm not getting the medal donation though? Can somebody explain? I'm still a GvG noob ;-)

DeletedUser96867

I'm not getting the medal donation though? Can somebody explain? I'm still a GvG noob ;-)

There is a planned gvg province where you can take part with any age units. Not clear on how that is going to work, it likely won't but my understanding instead of needing goods for sieges and unlocking defense slots medals will be used instead. This is all just speculation as this province isn't even in testing yet.

DeletedUser2989

I have to admit that the original posted idea I don't like, for reasons already posted (members with maxed attack do all the attacking). If the troops were restricted to only placements (defense/siege) then it would be better. Even with the modified version it would make defense really easy as all you'd have to do is break any incoming sieges and then draw from the guild pool to replace the wounded and this pool could be built up much larger than it can currently. I can't see any way that you could both "donate" troops and yet have them tied down till the original building till use, it'd invite too much glitches.

Overall, I disapprove of this idea, good intent but not sure it'd be fair to all.

DeletedUser96867

I can't see any way that you could both "donate" troops and yet have them tied down till the original building till use, it'd invite too much glitches.

Not sure why this would be a problem. It's not much different than when you post a trade, and your goods are tied up in the market until you either return them or take the trade down. All that has to happen is when the units are used, a signal is sent to the barracks to open the unit slot. Seems like very basic programming to me.

DeletedUser96844

I think a guild barracks for troop donations would be a good idea..

1/ it would help involve players who have just entered an age where their guild is fighting..but they do not have enough space or tech to build all the troop buildings at their city..they could donate from the troops they have to help with guild defences.

2/ the question of larger guilds using it to stockpile troops..as most of their players already have Alcatraz..this is already being done to an extent.

3/ design so troops in guild barracks can only be used to set seiges and defences.... this would:
a) let players who are not on at time a guild attacks and captures a sector..or two to do their part and donate troops..same as they do with goods atm.
b) let smaller guilds grow their controlled land as they could 'stockpile' as some say, troops to be used in defence while they recruit another army for doing attacks..

If this is not implemented the larger guilds with players owning Alcatraz will be in a major advantage all over the map eventually.

The main hinderence to further consumption of sectors by larger guilds atm is the need for goods to deploy..

Smaller guilds do not compete in gvg because they see all the unfair advantages towards larger, more established guilds that are there already..
If you want more competition.. you have to level the playing field some more..

And please don't think i am saying this out of 'little guild syndrome'

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97969

That's actually a pretty good idea so +1 from me .

Treasury for troops will be great for defence troops.