• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Gvg getting deleted

mr sinister

Private
When inno released gbg they anounced that gvg would not be removed from the game . For players like me that designed my city based on gvg needs how is this even Considered by inno ? I have Spent real money and time into designing my city for gvg . Why not just stop adding new eras to gvg maps if it’s causing problems and leave gvg as is up and running if inno dose not want to spend money on it? It’s not like it’s not played in every world and will result in many players leaving the game as a result . In the big picture losing original players big spenders and big players as a result is it not a hit in the bank as a result? It’s a great game of strategy and a genius design . the players that play it play it and love it . I don’t understand the logic behind it as it will result in a lose of income as players will quite The game and change the face of foe .

Galechade

Corporal
I totally agree with GVG. I've been playing since before GVG. There's a whole bunch of us who stay in Fragments(F) of Fragments(E) just for GVG. Inno blew it when they put out a poorly designed mobile app that cannot handle GVG. Rather than fix the app, they keep threatening us to remove GVG after they promised they wouldn't. So now the entire world knows Inno does not keep their word. How's that for good business practice? Just a head's up though. You will get a TON of pushback from non-GVG players and everyone who hates GVG. So be prepared for it.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
When inno released gbg they anounced that gvg would not be removed from the game . For players like me that designed my city based on gvg needs how is this even Considered by inno ? I have Spent real money and time into designing my city for gvg . Why not just stop adding new eras to gvg maps if it’s causing problems and leave gvg as is up and running if inno dose not want to spend money on it? It’s not like it’s not played in every world and will result in many players leaving the game as a result . In the big picture losing original players big spenders and big players as a result is it not a hit in the bank as a result? It’s a great game of strategy and a genius design . the players that play it play it and love it . I don’t understand the logic behind it as it will result in a lose of income as players will quite The game and change the face of foe .
Yet someone else claiming doom and gloom and how the game will now die because of all the players that will leave because of a change. GbG was released a few years ago - but currently GvG is basically dead and boring. Yes, a few diehards still play - but that is all, a few. Time moves on, moves forward - GvG continues to isolate the mobile players who cannot participate, and mobile is the direction for revenue earnings - so it is about time to let GvG go farewell and disappear.
If you want to complain about Inno decisions - how about all the recent Events and the super-powering that they are making the Event Buildings, as well as other buildings that get released with it. In less than a year, Event Building are coming out with stats that are more than 4x stronger than they were before. Previously, it was the odd building here and there that was quite superior - such as when Governors Villa or Mountain Reserve first came out - and now, those once recent awesome buildings are only average, and in some cases, even below average.
GvG is going where it should - the way of the dodo bird.

Agent327

Overlord
I have Spent real money and time into designing my city for gvg .

I did not know you could spend fake money as well. What is it that makes that city designed for GvG only and not GBG for instance?

I don’t understand the logic behind it as it will result in a lose of income as players will quite The game and change the face of foe .

I do. Only a very small percentage of the player base is playing GvG. Even if all of those are big spenders, which is very doubtful, the income will be a small percentage of the total income. With maintenance costs being high, profit from GvG is likely non existing, so it is smart to remove it. There's your logic. To sum it up, small number of players. Not all players pay. Not all players will quit, probably just a few, so why not?

I totally agree with GVG. I've been playing since before GVG. There's a whole bunch of us who stay in Fragments(F) of Fragments(E) just for GVG.

Even more stay in Forge of Fragments for totally different reasons.

Inno blew it when they put out a poorly designed mobile app that cannot handle GVG. Rather than fix the app, they keep threatening us to remove GVG after they promised they wouldn't. So now the entire world knows Inno does not keep their word. How's that for good business practice?

They said they would never bring GvG to the app and they kept their word on that part. Does that count for good business practice?

Lafawnduh

Private
currently GvG is basically dead and boring.
You either don't play or play the wrong worlds. It's pretty lively in a lot. However the constant use of cheating, use of alt accounts to do so makes it difficult. Those same cheats will be used in battlegrounds (and are) and even with the attrition change, will still effect battlegrounds. Just wait for that :lol:

RichinZhills

Corporal
If you loved GvG so much, you could have exercised a little restraint. Instead all I found when I ventured out there was Gluttony and top 5 guilds just erasing everyone they could. New players really had no chance to explore it, same reason a lot of players don't do GbG. So, pretty glad it's getting a revamp. Not that anything new will help the average player, game is still way tilted towards time played instead of skill.

mr sinister

Private
Yet someone else claiming doom and gloom and how the game will now die because of all the players that will leave because of a change. GbG was released a few years ago - but currently GvG is basically dead and boring. Yes, a few diehards still play - but that is all, a few. Time moves on, moves forward - GvG continues to isolate the mobile players who cannot participate, and mobile is the direction for revenue earnings - so it is about time to let GvG go farewell and disappear.
If you want to complain about Inno decisions - how about all the recent Events and the super-powering that they are making the Event Buildings, as well as other buildings that get released with it. In less than a year, Event Building are coming out with stats that are more than 4x stronger than they were before. Previously, it was the odd building here and there that was quite superior - such as when Governors Villa or Mountain Reserve first came out - and now, those once recent awesome buildings are only average, and in some cases, even below average.
GvG is going where it should - the way of the dodo bird.
I never claimed doom and gloom . gveg is a great part of this game and the only way to truly engage another guild with the help,of other guilds and a foundation block of what came to be forge of empires originally based as a pc game . I’m simply seeking ways to make all players happy and to take into consideration the investments made by some . to make it about pc users or mobile users is narrow minded . In all honesty the choice inno makes is based on their income and profiles not even takeing into account the investment of player time and income. The new release to replace gvg is nothing like gvg it looks to more more like a replacement for ge. If you have complaints about other aspects of the games why not voice them in other threads and let this thread be focused to gvg as Intended?

mr sinister

Private
I never claimed doom and gloom . gveg is a great part of this game and the only way to truly engage another guild with the help,of other guilds and a foundation block of what came to be forge of empires originally based as a pc game . I’m simply seeking ways to make all players happy and to take into consideration the investments made by some . to make it about pc users or mobile users is narrow minded . In all honesty the choice inno makes is based on their income and profiles not even takeing into account the investment of player time and income. The new release to replace gvg is nothing like gvg it looks to more more like a replacement for ge. If you have complaints about other aspects of the games why not voice them in other threads and let this thread be focused to gvg as Intended?
And how would you hold any ground to claim gvg is dead and burning when clearly you don’t play it . Perhaps I find gbg dead and boring and mindless clicks of buttons no real strategy but power by numbers where a gvg game game be dominated by a under dog and rank fairly moves amongst guilds yet gbg seems to be flawed and rank is held by the highest number of big hitters . No real strategy just brute force

mr sinister

Private
Seems when they take the foundation block out of a game it just changes what the structor of the game is and by that what the game is itself . Sure the game will go on yet why not just creat a different game instead of rewriting a allready Successful game. The new release again seems to be a ge upgrade not a replacement for gvg. How are guild to team up and attack the tyrants of a world without gvg . he strategy of gvg reminds me of a timeless success in the game of risk or chess. it Stimulates the mind in a way the mindless gbg is. Gbg being more like a mineing process won by brute force and number . Gvg being a more strategic game giving any underdog a chance to win by diplomatic approach fighting teaming ect

mr sinister

Private
If you loved GvG so much, you could have exercised a little restraint. Instead all I found when I ventured out there was Gluttony and top 5 guilds just erasing everyone they could. New players really had no chance to explore it, same reason a lot of players don't do GbG. So, pretty glad it's getting a revamp. Not that anything new will help the average player, game is still way tilted towards time played instead of skill.have you ever actually watched the ranks of gvg?
I did not know you could spend fake money as well. What is it that makes that city designed for GvG only and not GBG for instance?

I do. Only a very small percentage of the player base is playing GvG. Even if all of those are big spenders, which is very doubtful, the income will be a small percentage of the total income. With maintenance costs being high, profit from GvG is likely non existing, so it is smart to remove it. There's your logic. To sum it up, small number of players. Not all players pay. Not all players will quit, probably just a few, so why not?

Even more stay in Forge of Fragments for totally different reasons.

They said they would never bring GvG to the app and they kept their word on that part. Does that count for good business practice?
I see your remarks that Lack intelligence. The fake money comments makes you look like a delinquent. The difference in the design of my city for GVG for example, the statues I’ve kept for every single Ehret create goods to fight every era of GBG. The champion retreats that I have for every era in order to Dass, which is defending armies for GVG defence the fact that my Alcatraz was the first building to reach a higher rank level, the vent for autumn that I spent money on yes, real money, not fake money was for the next era troops. The cedar gardens provides again for GVG And the mass amount of troops it provides in high numbers.
To undermine the amount of players that participate in a part of the game again shows your level of intellect. Every player then invest time money into a game should be valued and taken into consideration when decisions are made. Maintenance costs is an easy solution in my opinion simply stop adding new errors leave GBG as is and let it run through to ensure the players that invest time money and enjoy that aspect of the game get to enjoy it. Different players enjoy different aspects. Should we just get rid of all aspects which don’t exceed the aspects of other parts of the game? Or should we take into consideration all players involved in the game?
Good business practice would be to be taking into consideration all aspects of the game and all players involved in the game. Keeping your word in all aspects is good business going back on your word and manipulating the game based on profits is bad business

mr sinister

Private
To undermine the amount of players that participate in a part of the game again shows your level of intellect. Every player then invest time money into a game should be valued and taken into consideration when decisions are made. Maintenance costs is an easy solution in my opinion simply stop adding new errors leave Gvg as is and let it run through to ensure the players that invest time money and enjoy that aspect of the game get to enjoy it. Different players enjoy different aspects. Should we just get rid of all aspects which don’t exceed the aspects of other parts of the game? Or should we take into consideration all players involved in the game?
Good business practice would be to be taking into consideration all aspects of the game and all players involved in the game. Keeping your word in all aspects is good business going back on your word and manipulating the game based on profits is bad business for the consumer . Perhaps good for your pockets.

mr sinister

Private
GvG is going where it should - the way of the dodo bir
money
noun [ U ]

coins or notes (= special pieces of paper) that are used to buy things, or an amount of these that a person
A currency[a] is a standardization of money in any form, in use or circulation as a medium of exchange,