• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG: CONFLICT OF INTEREST?

DeletedUser14576

Is it a conflict of interest....
if Mods/Managers have access to players information, i.e. goods amounts, coin, supplies, troop numbers and the like? If so, it would give them inside information about opposing guilds in GvG.

Now.....I am NOT saying that any Mods/Managers have done this. What I am saying is that it could be done. Even the appearance, that one guild could have any unfair advantage over another, is not a good thing.

I believe this to be a valid concern. Please keep replies civil to everyone.

K.

DeletedUser

In Game Moderators do not have access to this information on worlds that they play. There is a list of moderators and the guilds for which they moderate is also listed. This therefore prevents this from occurring. Of course, if you do suspect any foul play, please contact a Senior Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

When I was an ingame mod the policy was that we couldn't moderate worlds where we had accounts.

DeletedUser14576

When I was an ingame mod the policy was that we couldn't moderate worlds where we had accounts.

Just so I understand....In Game Moderators cannot access player info and are good, but the people who CAN access that info are not playing and or GvG ing. Is that correct?

DeletedUser4089

In-Game Moderators are unable to moderate a world they play on.

An in-Game Moderator will not have any extra access to a world they play on than a normal player.

They only have extra access on worlds that they do not play on, to help moderate them.

There is no chance of a mod having info of a rival guild that isn't available to anyone else playing the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

and Admins dont play on the public servers. (managers you called us)

DeletedUser13805

just to satisfiy my big nose here
just what sort of top secret information could a mod get anyway ?
your credit card details ? i dont think so or at least i hope not but it has me wondering just what type of info are you thinking these underhand mi5 agents might get ?

i never understand this top secret guild thing that goes on ? if anyone wants to know what i am up to or the guild is up to just have a look at the maps or have a look at our towns and all the info is there for all to see
it doesnt take a spy or a mod dressed up in a fake wig and glasses to come and find out what we are up to

so my point is this i would be alarmed if mods or even the admin leaders had any info about my credit card and thats the only info i would be bothered about anyone knowing as anything else well its going a bit down the road of paranoia, and i hope people dont take the game to heart that much as they will never find peace or enjoyment as they will be to busy looking at who this person is who wants to join them or who that person is etc

so i really dont see the point here at all if the mods know how much gold you have or supplys what good can that do ? and as for troops well like i said just spend a bit of time looking around guild members towns to get the inside info you will know what tropps they have and how many also you can see what age there going for so all the info is there regarding the game
not that i would be so sneaky as to have a look at players towns no no no i wouldnt do it very often : )

DeletedUser

Rest assured, all payments are processed on a separate, secure server and staff do not have access to the data contained on that server. Senior management can of course look-up some information in order to settle payment issues or queries but even they don't have access to full card numbers and so on! In theory, if in-game moderators had access to that information on worlds they play, they would indeed have an advantage but it's simply not possible. :)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
So there is nothing stopping a mod on one world giving game related info on players to a mod on another world?

DeletedUser65

So there is nothing stopping a mod on one world giving game related info on players to a mod on another world?

My understanding of it is a mod for world A should only access a players account on world A if a support ticket is issued by/or about that player and that they could not look at someones account without authorization (ie a support ticket on the account),
This is not fact but only my understanding of how the in-game side of moderation worked and I may be completely wrong
So to answer your question there is a very slim chance it could be done but id be almost certain its not being done.

Belcher

Corporal
In game moderators are required to commit to a privacy agreement which explicitly prohibits them from accessing information which is not needed to do their jobs, and from communicating any privileged information whatsoever to any other person. Any mod caught in violation of that is normally immediately dismissed, and may face potential legal actions depending on the nature of the violation.

In other words, they are held to a high standard of ethics and confidentiality.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, if you believe a member of the staff has, or is acting in violation of that please communicate it to us with the evidence leading you to that accusation.

Personally, if I was a player, I'd be more concerned and up in arms about those who use a dozen or two accounts to level up their GBs so much faster than you, the honest player. Or the players finding other ways to cheat the system and getting a leg up on you.

DeletedUser13805

In game moderators are required to commit to a privacy agreement which explicitly prohibits them from accessing information which is not needed to do their jobs, and from communicating any privileged information whatsoever to any other person. Any mod caught in violation of that is normally immediately dismissed, and may face potential legal actions depending on the nature of the violation.

In other words, they are held to a high standard of ethics and confidentiality.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, if you believe a member of the staff has, or is acting in violation of that please communicate it to us with the evidence leading you to that accusation.

Personally, if I was a player, I'd be more concerned and up in arms about those who use a dozen or two accounts to level up their GBs so much faster than you, the honest player. Or the players finding other ways to cheat the system and getting a leg up on you.

the thing i am worried about in the way of cheating in the game, is guilds joining forces to attack each other in the gvg arena, just to gain battle points and ranking points. they will end up winning the towers without doing a single hood fight anymore and of course gain loads of battle points for themselves in easy fights. so i have got my eye open for this abuse as i am sure its going to show its ugly head with stupid high scores set by cheating etc

every time there is an update players just think about how they can work around it and come up with ways to fix results etc they would argue that its not against the rules so its not cheating but it is really as its fixing a result
sorry to go off topic its just you mentioned cheating and thats my big concern is the cheating that isnt really cheating but it is lol

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I wholeheartedly agree with you, but, as in real life there are those who commit crimes and get away with it, there must also be a slim chance of crimes (information being passed etc.) slipping under the radar in-game too.

I'm not condoning it or having a go at anyone, but having someone commit to an NDA does not absolutely guarantee compliance.

DeletedUser276

I have tools and watch what each moderator looks at and does on the tools. They will themselves verify that I have asked at times to them about situations that they have taken. This is why it may seem at times Admins take so long to respond. I have all the duties that the mods do to do plus I check for ingame cheaters as well as watch the mods to ensure compliance.

DeletedUser14576

Ahh..then 'Overseer' is an apt title :)

I know that the FoE team here has their hands full and do the best job that they can. I did not know that there were such tools in place to monitor moderator activity and the other checks and balances that were in place.

While I agree that someone should oversee the community I prefer Senior Sorter Of Stuff and Master Helper. Better titles.