• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Guild vs Guild Recalculation Timer Changes

DeletedUser118306

- Too many re-sets / day
- An excessive drain on treasuries
- Obviously GvG is not a money spinner for Inno, but it is an attraction for the game. For this reason GvG should be designed to entice people to play, and to offer up a reasonable challenge and a reasonable reward -- keep people playing, you know. But the changes get a big thumbs down from me.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
as developers can see 90% players is against this nonsence with 3 calcs per day, what else they need to put it back in normal/old way if their goal isnt to kill GvG??? How long they will test this on us??? For what they are using beta???

Agent327

Overlord
as developers can see 90% players is against this nonsence with 3 calcs per day, what else they need to put it back in normal/old way if their goal isnt to kill GvG??? How long they will test this on us??? For what they are using beta???

How can 90% of the players be against it if only 5% plays GvG? :lol::lol::lol:

90% seems like a rather loose estimate. How did you come up with that figure? Does it include ALL GvG players, or only (some of?) the few voices who speak up here? Well, the majority (90%?) of players, GvG or not, rarely voice their opinions about any changes in the game. Maybe they are just indifferent and should be counted as "neutral". However, in global chats I see a lot of positive comments from dedicated GvG players, who are quite happy with the changes. Does that count in any way?
I like GvG. I also like the changes. Actually, I'd vote for more than 3 calcs per day - and shorter protection time, say 4 hours; from the time a sector is captured!

Last edited:

DeletedUser112017

90% seems like a rather loose estimate. How did you come up with that figure? Does it include ALL GvG players, or only (some of?) the few voices who speak up here? Well, the majority (90%?) of players, GvG or not, rarely voice their opinions about any changes in the game. Maybe they are just indifferent and should be counted as "neutral". However, in global chats I see a lot of positive comments from dedicated GvG players, who are quite happy with the changes. Does that count in any way?
I like GvG. I also like the changes. Actually, I'd vote for more than 3 calcs per day - and shorter protection time, say 4 hours; from the time a sector is captured!

It's 90% of those who dislike recalc changes and came here to voice their dissatisfaction (to a thread that serves for it). Wonders. What's missing are those who are happy with changes, simply because they can't be bothered with coming here.

Imagine you're having a restaurant and you have a customer support/service, the restaurant is doing well, it has great ratings across the board. But do you expect to have a brilliant time at customer service? No, the vast majority there will be - complaints, it's a nature of us human beings, we'll complain easily, we won't be that fast on compliments tho.

Luckily, I assume Inno will take a look at GvG activity and numbers and make an educated business guess - those changes worked, and worked really well.

Yeah, like any other major change, there will be people disliking it, of course.

Nature of complaining works for pretty much every field, including gaming:

Ceban

Brigadier-General
It's 90% of those who dislike recalc changes and came here to voice their dissatisfaction (to a thread that serves for it). Wonders. What's missing are those who are happy with changes, simply because they can't be bothered with coming here.

Imagine you're having a restaurant and you have a customer support/service, the restaurant is doing well, it has great ratings across the board. But do you expect to have a brilliant time at customer service? No, the vast majority there will be - complaints, it's a nature of us human beings, we'll complain easily, we won't be that fast on compliments tho.

Luckily, I assume Inno will take a look at GvG activity and numbers and make an educated business guess - those changes worked, and worked really well.

Yeah, like any other major change, there will be people disliking it, of course.

Nature of complaining works for pretty much every field, including gaming:
you are happy with this cause you are only using GvG for ghosting and personal points but lets be honest, how much tactical part left in GvG??? Be fair and say what precentage of tactic and strategical thinking left in this game and how much is 'click as fast as you can'??? Care to give honest answer or?

DeletedUser115071

you are happy with this cause you are only using GvG for ghosting and personal points but lets be honest, how much tactical part left in GvG??? Be fair and say what precentage of tactic and strategical thinking left in this game and how much is 'click as fast as you can'??? Care to give honest answer or?
A lot. My guild was sitting ducks at top 3 for 8 hours then I thought how to make it to top 1 because I didn't like 9 days, but wanted 10.
Went thru the maps and thought of a plan how to do so and we did it. We are now slowly dropping land and rankings because who cares.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
A lot. My guild was sitting ducks at top 3 for 8 hours then I thought how to make it to top 1 because I didn't like 9 days, but wanted 10.
Went thru the maps and thought of a plan how to do so and we did it. We are now slowly dropping land and rankings because who cares.
you are missing my point, i never told we have problem with ranks but that for this kind of gvg you dont need brain anymore, just fast clicking and be here 24/7, that is why some are happy with this changes...

The only map I play on is EMA on R, I always held a few sectors but it was dead as a dead thing and no one ever attacked me. I'm the only one currently from my small guild playing it and for personal reasons could not be on at the old recalculation time, but with the 3 recalcs there is pretty much always somewhere to attack.

Since the changes there has been lots more activity with sectors going back and forth. Some guilds have all but disappeared to be replaced by others. Don't know about tactics but I see nothing negative in the changes.

I'm surprised I have not been wiped from the map as I can only participate Monday to Friday.

Agent327

Overlord
you are missing my point, i never told we have problem with ranks but that for this kind of gvg you dont need brain anymore, just fast clicking and be here 24/7, that is why some are happy with this changes...

That's how it always has been, or are you going to tell me you do not fight on auto pilot and you keep changing your armies?

DeletedUser112017

I'll consider this a semi-non-provocation so I'll respond as you asked.

First, I'm only using GvG for ghosting? We landed in AA on day 1 when GvG changes were introduced, and you're very well aware we did, took a big chunks of land on all higher era maps (one day we were #2 with just a small margin to MA), I then missed 3 recalcs in a row, DD who's leading with me missed them also and we got pushed back severely, but only on AA map, where we already relanded. So feel free to keep your "Neoth is only ghosting" for yourself and the army of worshippers.

Now your question about tactics, there is finally some tactics! You'll remember before change I was talking to your guildie on global where to (ab)use archers in preparation for recalc, as everyone and their grandma knew what your guild will do, day after day, recalc after recalc, the same thing again. Fill all LZs with archers, then use the power of 20+ online GvGers to retake them and wait for next recalc. That was no tactic, it was boring as hell.

Now with 3 recalcs and especially shields that last for 2 recalcs, with HQ move after each - now every guild has options. For example:
- you can focus on one or two ages on one recalc, then on next one you can focus on some other age, by keeping track when you'll lose shields
- you can observe which recalcs suits your guild (or allies) best (not only by the number of members you have online, but also what enemy has) and plan accordingly
- if you need to save goods/troops, you can opt-out of fighting on any of 3 recalcs, and do moves when it's more desirable
- if you want to avoid fighting for some sectors on any particular recalc (for example, 8pm mess) you can aim for the one that suits your guild by drop-retaking a recalc prior to a messy one
- you can make moves you otherwise wouldn't make - for example, move your HQ on the freshly won sector, surrounded by enemy shields that were won after previous recalc, which would delay further attacks on this recalc, but would give so many options for next one

And so on and so on... Compared to the previous 1-time recalc this gives many more options and requires more decisions if a guild doesn't want to spend all their goods in a week.

And no, everyone, please don't mention again "there is no way to fight back" or "big guilds got destroyed by small" as that is simply not true, nor it can be true. There are ways to fight back, and most guilds that were on top of the ladder are still there. Change of rules can not make some guild weak, rules are the same for everyone.

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
Noone likes 24/7 unpaid job. And this is what gvg has become. Everyone with a bit of sanity will simply stop bothering and go ghosting. Our guild was commited to gvg because it was possible to do it by little effort. Now we are preparing to go ghosting as everyone else. No need for teamwork, no need for aliances, no need for friends, and its supposed to be a social game.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I'll consider this a semi-non-provocation so I'll respond as you asked.

First, I'm only using GvG for ghosting? We landed in AA on day 1 when GvG changes were introduced, and you're very well aware we did, took a big chunks of land on all higher era maps (one day we were #2 with just a small margin to MA), I then missed 3 recalcs in a row, DD who's leading with me missed them also and we got pushed back severely, but only on AA map, where we already relanded. So feel free to keep your "Neoth is only ghosting" for yourself and the army of worshippers.

Now your question about tactics, there is finally some tactics! You'll remember before change I was talking to your guildie on global where to (ab)use archers in preparation for recalc, as everyone and their grandma knew what your guild will do, day after day, recalc after recalc, the same thing again. Fill all LZs with archers, then use the power of 20+ online GvGers to retake them and wait for next recalc. That was no tactic, it was boring as hell.

Now with 3 recalcs and especially shields that last for 2 recalcs, with HQ move after each - now every guild has options. For example:
- you can focus on one or two ages on one recalc, then on next one you can focus on some other age, by keeping track when you'll lose shields
- you can observe which recalcs suits your guild (or allies) best (not only by the number of members you have online, but also what enemy has) and plan accordingly
- if you need to save goods/troops, you can opt-out of fighting on any of 3 recalcs, and do moves when it's more desirable
- if you want to avoid fighting for some sectors on any particular recalc (for example, 8pm mess) you can aim for the one that suits your guild by drop-retaking a recalc prior to a messy one
- you can make moves you otherwise wouldn't make - for example, move your HQ on the freshly won sector, surrounded by enemy shields that were won after previous recalc, which would delay further attacks on this recalc, but would give so many options for next one

And so on and so on... Compared to the previous 1-time recalc this gives many more options and requires more decisions if a guild doesn't want to spend all their goods in a week.

And no, everyone, please don't mention again "there is no way to fight back" or "big guilds got destroyed by small" as that is simply not true, nor it can be true. There are ways to fight back, and most guilds that were on top of the ladder are still there. Change of rules can not make some guild weak, rules are the same for everyone.
Ok, you got some valid points that all cant be here at 8pm game time but i told them then to place 9 pm and 9am calcs times and dont do this insanity that you get HQ move more often than sectors lose protections cause that is insanity that you cant be attacked but can attack, both, you and me know that but you forget few things:
1. i teached you that spears/archers tactic and you was using it(with me) for almost a year against MA and then you didnt have any objections on it and now its suddenly bad and game killing???
2. you mind archers for defences but dont mind them for sieges for point scavange???
3. what those other 10 guilds from your alliance wich combined dont have 2 normal members are doing??? Just land and get HQ move before losing shield and ghost day after day, now pls dont pretend that you dont know about what i am talking about cause i can give you list of those guilds here and i bet you will recognize all those guilds, and no, i am not alking about juggs and TPD wich are normal legit enemies but those other 10 each with one player wich are on your list of allies just to ghost AA, sound familiar??? That crap killed any tactical aspect of game!

Ceban

Brigadier-General
The only map I play on is EMA on R, I always held a few sectors but it was dead as a dead thing and no one ever attacked me. I'm the only one currently from my small guild playing it and for personal reasons could not be on at the old recalculation time, but with the 3 recalcs there is pretty much always somewhere to attack.

Since the changes there has been lots more activity with sectors going back and forth. Some guilds have all but disappeared to be replaced by others. Don't know about tactics but I see nothing negative in the changes.

I'm surprised I have not been wiped from the map as I can only participate Monday to Friday.
see neoth what kind of 'GvG players' support his idea??? You wich have 10 ghost guilds in your 'alliance' then klod hans wich declare himself as someone who ghost, then this one wich i quoted and here is his description of his 'big GvG fighting' and agent wich support everything what will destroy GvG so that is including this idea also... do you see what is similar to all this players??? THEY GHOST OR THEY HAVE TONS OF GHOSTING ALLIES OR THEY DONT HVE INTREST IN GVG AND DONT PLAY IT FOR SERIOUS.

see neoth what kind of 'GvG players' support his idea??? You wich have 10 ghost guilds in your 'alliance' then klod hans wich declare himself as someone who ghost, then this one wich i quoted and here is his description of his 'big GvG fighting' and agent wich support everything what will destroy GvG so that is including this idea also... do you see what is similar to all this players??? THEY GHOST OR THEY HAVE TONS OF GHOSTING ALLIES OR THEY DONT HVE INTREST IN GVG AND DONT PLAY IT FOR SERIOUS.
I don't claim big GvG fighting, I play occasionally when I have access and attack everyone I can. So far today I have managed to take 4 sectors and kick 2 guilds from the map :)
Not even sure what ghosting is and certainly have no allies, what would be the point. It's Guild Vs Guild not hug your neighbour!

and what's this rubbish of releasing sectors just to retake them that everyone used to do? complete waste of time unless all you are interested in is farming points. That's not playing the game in a strategic manor it's just wasting time

slugnir world hasnt developed enough yet for proper gvg

Nah, don't care about points. But I like bugging the biggies. That's become a little easier now. And not so much need for fast-clicking anymore, because it's easier to find a time to attack when no one is around to fight back. More LZ's would make it even better though. Call it ghosting or worming or whatever...

DeletedUser112017

Noone likes 24/7 unpaid job. And this is what gvg has become. Everyone with a bit of sanity will simply stop bothering and go ghosting. Our guild was commited to gvg because it was possible to do it by little effort. Now we are preparing to go ghosting as everyone else. No need for teamwork, no need for aliances, no need for friends, and its supposed to be a social game.

Only on EN you have a diamond world with 100+ wishing wells (and you have how many of those worlds? 12-13?), on your main world you have over 500m points. And now 3 recalcs per day made you think this became an unpaid work :D

Care to give more insight, what difference 3 recalcs made to a social aspect of a game?

Ok, you got some valid points that all cant be here at 8pm game time but i told them then to place 9 pm and 9am calcs times and dont do this insanity that you get HQ move more often than sectors lose protections cause that is insanity that you cant be attacked but can attack, both, you and me know that but you forget few things:
1. i teached you that spears/archers tactic and you was using it(with me) for almost a year against MA and then you didnt have any objections on it and now its suddenly bad and game killing???
2. you mind archers for defences but dont mind them for sieges for point scavange???
3. what those other 10 guilds from your alliance wich combined dont have 2 normal members are doing??? Just land and get HQ move before losing shield and ghost day after day, now pls dont pretend that you dont know about what i am talking about cause i can give you list of those guilds here and i bet you will recognize all those guilds, and no, i am not alking about juggs and TPD wich are normal legit enemies but those other 10 each with one player wich are on your list of allies just to ghost AA, sound familiar??? That crap killed any tactical aspect of game!

Our guild has 50% of fighters in US/Canada, you know them very well, Eki, Callgood, King Emprice, Red113, Jamesrh, Lagonite... If you kill 4am UK time recalc and put it to 9am, that's middle of the night for them. Previous recalc was around noon for them, and that wasn't simple either. That's why 8-hrs separated times work well on international servers. Mind you, when we talk about 4am GvG, Fellows, Skyy, Juggs and your own guild are quite active.

1./2. Yep I used spears and I disliked them, then MA started filling all sectors with spears and I then switched for same for sieges. Same thing happened with Archers, I don't want them used, I want them removed from AA GvG as I think it's abusing (I can link a post where I explained that removing Spears didn't fix all the issues as Archers remained with their build time and barrack size)

3. Here is a screenshot of current ladder on EN world, where your guild is #1 with some margin: http://prntscr.com/pfzi40
So, can you repeat again, what's the issue here? You guys can't defend? You're getting destroyed by small guilds? Or... none of those is actually an issue.