• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Guild V Guild] Open up GvG maps

• Thread starter DeletedUser107476
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108179

Not all landing zones have guilds on them. Some cannot be taken till a sector next to them is taken and this where the bigger guilds are taking advantage as they stop short ensuring those landing zones never become open.
Every sector surrounding a map should be a LZ, and always visible and possible to take. If big guilds preserve those areas and keep them hidden, they shouldn't complain smaller guilds retort to "ghosting" or whatever.
Both are tactics in a warfare, if one allowed (keep LZ's closed) then the other tactics should be equally. Open the LZ's first if ghosting should be stopped. In all wars there have been guerilla tactics, so why there is such moaning about the ghosting - funny to say the least.

I am for:
remove landing zones totally from the game
and all sectors can be attacked ... no hiding in the middle of the map with only NAPs around
this also would reduce abusive play when guilds release sectors where only they can attack to get points
remove landing zones and they will never be safe again :lol:
because GvG is not about being safe:
it is about fighting (real not fake points battles) to keep or get sectors

That is long long overdue !!
Where ever sectors of a land are excluded from warfare, why and what for ?
If not all sectors of a map, then the absolute least would be open each and every sector surrounding a map being a LZ, AND be visible to take any time. No more hiding and protecting and doing the release-take repeats for points (which I call cheating). Waiting time for fighting when changing guilds should be abolished - where got such a nonsense ? ... There is enough waiting time in the game for building troops etc
GvG is a pillar in the branding of FoE - revive it and make it fun again.
(Better than adding a Tavern with doing 140 x 2 clicks for some silver, to say the least - this is Facebook games nonsense)

Proposal

To make landing zones open from the start.

Reason

At the moment some landing zones are open whilst others are locked. This allows the guilds that get there faster to lock up areas of the map for months. Keeping smaller guilds off the map whilst the larger guilds progress.

Balance

This would provide balance between the guilds.

Abuse Prevention

Erm read above​
ALL (!!) border sectors of any map should be LZ's, open and accessible at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109146

I agree completely
The way this is currently set up it gives the advantage to the first on world. The older and bigger guilds get complacent and make the game boring. Open all LZ's. In fact make all tiles an LZ and watch the fun begin.

DeletedUser110179

I disagree. It's about 'virtual' warfare, pure and simple.
Guessing this is said in jest as any big guild which is as arrogant to forget they were small once or to misunderstand the value of working with friendly guilds is mad.
Warfare is the tool of politics ... war is a means to achieve strategic goals. GvG should reflect the strategic consciousness of the FoE server.
One player might attack a neighbour for fun and plunder but guilds should use GvG to achieve long-term goals and ambitions.

GvG should be structured to allow guilds to thrive and prosper into greatness ... where even small guilds may grow into giants on the road to success.

DeletedUser

big guilds release some their sectors so they don't have to waste goods to seige another sector and i think its a good tactic for guilds to use

Proposal

Reason

At the moment some landing zones are open whilst others are locked. This allows the guilds that get there faster to lock up areas of the map for months. Keeping smaller guilds off the map whilst the larger guilds progress.

Balance

This would provide balance between the guilds.

Abuse Prevention

Erm read above​
i think its ok , they set sieges free so they can seige without costing more so i say no (my opinion) its a tactic, but i do think all around the edges +the sand areas are all LZ hopefully i dont sound weird and you understand what im saying

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

Any sector that borders water that can be accessed from the GvG ocean; a river that runs into the ocean or a lake being fed by a river running into the ocean, should be open to attack at all times. Unless Inno adds naval units to the game, which could create water sectors as something you could fight for, there should be nothing preventing you from landing an army if there is direct access by water.

sooby

Private
all coastline should be accessable there should be no hiding place if you want to keep the land then you have to fight for it GVG was created for guild to fight guild not for guilds to release sectors to retake them this is cheating in my eyes. At the moment GVG is dead it has seized to be it is boring to many sectors that can't be accessed i don't see how you can't see this and change it .There must be a better way to bring this back to life so many players i have spoke to just don't bother to do it because it is like watching paint dry sorry to be so blunt but the game needs some stimulus .INNO keeps asking me how my FOE experience is well i am telling you its BORING !!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser16126

+1, on the condition that all sectors will get marked as landing zone, but that's another discussion I think...

I will support any GvG idea if only I could play it. Unfortunately, I fell for the advertising that implied the game was an app and was playable as such. There was no mention that I could only play part of the game and there is no promise of when this major part of the game will be available to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.