• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild trading absurdity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3157

Another thing I'm wondering about is how would 0.66-1.5 rate limits stop anyone from farming? All you need is just a few more back and forth trades and the end result is the same, everything ends up from prov A to B - literally the first thing that came to my mind when I read it was done to prevent farming. Or if you don't wanna be so obvious you create a more complicated route with more accounts. Not really a rocket science, cheaters gonna find ways to cheat, doesn't mean devs need to screw up the whole trading system part of the game in hopes to fight it.

And I'm asking again: In what server or where is this rate limit? Or have I misread something obvious?

DeletedUser1081

And I'm asking again: In what server or where is this rate limit? Or have I misread something obvious?

it was implemented in the update yesterday (it was supposed to be before, but evidently it didn't "take"). at least in Brisgard, since yesterday morning, if you choose "guild only" when you set up a trade, it imposes the ratios. if you don't check that "guild only" box, it charges the taker a forgepoint even if they're a member of your guild.

DeletedUser3157

it was implemented in the update yesterday (it was supposed to be before, but evidently it didn't "take"). at least in Brisgard, since yesterday morning, if you choose "guild only" when you set up a trade, it imposes the ratios. if you don't check that "guild only" box, it charges the taker a forgepoint even if they're a member of your guild.

Thank you. That explains why all the best offers in my market all seemed to be from my "nabers" ala needing a forge point(checked em out and they were actually guild members). Anyways I still don't see how it can prevent cheating, as now you just need to pay for a forge point to do it :P

DeletedUser3449

i still have to remind everyone that this is "beta"=test, perhaps a test on us to the ones playing, since by now it seems the game designers go for a "how to make money fast" strategy, but they still need playing players that keep competition up and ofc number of ppl playing up (since i bet that the ratio paying/playing "custumers" is even smaler than 1/10), maybe they just check how we respond to this kind of things, but this is just my point of view and this is because i don't really think in coincidences i mean the guild ratio was implemented before the update as i recall...at least one day cause i had this problem with a friend in my guild, and then comes the BUG...which i'm still expecting to be fixed...i think things will come in line once they start loosing players which i bet already happened in the past 2 days...let's just hope it will not be to late to balance this game and set all things straight when they'll understand than numbers do count, and i bet we are a lot more playing players than paying custumers (and i think this is the proper name for the 2 categories in the game atm-you can't call yourself a player if you pay for your lack of skill).

DeletedUser

...I like the ratios, it evens up against players using a lot of diamonds, all of whom occupy the top spots. I know trading brass for lumber is a pain, but in which case, trade lumber for dye, dye for gold, gold for iron, iron for copper, copper for glass and glass for brass. If it doesn't cost a Forge point it's good fun, and helps players down the scale

I pretty much agree here, but I'd like a slightly more liberal ratio, not much mind you, 0.5 -> 2.0 would be better. Except for stone I see little need to trade goods at two techs difference, and if you do it's normally because you are being altruistic :)
The other thing I'd like is to go back to a point more like the situation before the upgrade. My idea is to use the 'guild only' button for those who don't want a trade available to their neighbours as long as it is in the ratios. For all other trades it will be available to everyone, guild and neighbours, but if a guild member accepts it and the trade is within the ratio then no forge points. All other trades will cost a forge point, so neighbours always pay and guild members pay if it's outside the ratio.
You would still need a small icon to show guild only though.

DeletedUser

No ratio should be set, because of fair and open trade.
Let the market define the prices, not some stupid reason. Multiacc should be punished in an other way. Even in this game, I don't really care about multiacc of other players. Setting the ratio only for guild trading does not prevent it anyway!
The goods have different value that should be reflected in a trading ratio. Advanced players even don't really need some earlier goods, but if you trade it, you should get some value for your goods, that means a lot of something else, at least... even with one tech difference, it is fair enough to trade 1:2.
It is also not resonable that own guild members get good ratio for free and have to pay for a worse ratio?!?

DeletedUser503

No ratio should be set, because of fair and open trade.
Let the market define the prices, not some stupid reason. Multiacc should be punished in an other way. Even in this game, I don't really care about multiacc of other players. Setting the ratio only for guild trading does not prevent it anyway!

I think you should worry about MultiAcc, it's cheating, distorts the game and allows a player to win, or gain a huge advantage. For example, diamond up one account and then trade down to your others, grabbing the trades as you post them. Then you've got a nice big army and can win all the medals, whether by attacking other players or attacking yourself, knowing the defense to gain maximum points. Then you don't need to build much in the way of goods as you can trade them from your big account, so nothing to get for incoming raids, and then, of course you don't defend so an attacker only gets 240points. Multi acc turn games inside out.

DeletedUser

I don't say multiacc is good, but it does not affect my playing fun (except that i would be farmed once a day by such a player) and there is no good reason to set a trading limit because of it. It is worse to have this limitation for all other players. Trading should be free and not limited by some silly game rules.
The cost of FP for external trades is not that bad because it rises the value of internal trading in a guild, but the ratio limitation makes absolutely no sense, crashes this advantage and is a severe game mistake. I hope they will recognize and undo it soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser503

Well, aside from Guild trading maybe a 'trusted merchant' status could be attempted with any trade balance up to 1:10. The other idea, is the use of gold/ resource within trading, as then even MultiAccs have to build houses and resouces for every village

Multiacc may or may not be spoiling your game fun but it could be spoiling others, particularly if you're a smaller player in a Guild with MultiAccs.

DeletedUser

other inno games have trading features and also multi accounting. But they don't use trading restrictions to control the cheating. Instead they have other more sophisticated means and tools including comparing IP's, passwords, log in times and much more.

I don't understand why they don't take a page from the good book of their own games

DeletedUser

The trade limits are useless. As was stated above by someone, you can still dump large amounts of goods off on another account or a guildmember pretty easily by doing a bunch of back and forth trades. The only way to prevent that would be a straight 1:1 ratio only.

Guild trading has basically made multi accounting for goods useless anyways...as long as you're in a large guild with many different progress levels, you should be completing your trades pretty easily. Far more easily than someone trying to do all the work themselves.

It's been suggested here that supplies and gold should be added to trades. That is an awful idea, and would only help the multi accounters by allowing them to divert all of their gold and supplies onto one main account.

The trade ratio restriction serves no purpose and should definitely be removed. I'm not finding it to be an issue because I trade 1:1 on goods of the same level every time. We have plenty of players in every age trying to trade so there's always someone with the goods you need. I didn't know about setting the guild only button to prevent the use of a forge point, so apparently my guildies have just been paying the FP everytime (My guild rules! I completed probably 30+ trades like this) The only trades that sit there for awhile are the people trying to trade up into the next age.

But still the limit is useless that's just a fact.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

The system seems fair as we all know the rules, its just a pity that rules on multiple accounts cannot (its impossible if the player really wants to do this) be enforced.

So trading at 4:1 is only possible outside guild, not really an issue. think of it as "Free trading within the 0.66 - 1.5 ratio extended beyond your group of 80 to your guild" - many thanks, best improvement to the game after sorting out the dead players.

Status
Not open for further replies.