• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Guild / non-guild trades errors

DeletedUser15782

I have trades set up as open (not guild) trades which do not show outside the guild.
My list of set up trades shows them as not guild restricted but to other guild members they show as guild trades and do not appear at all to non-guild members.
I assume this is a bug? Relogging doesnt cure it btw. :(

DeletedUser

Please let us know how exactly you verified that your trades do not appear in the global trade section. Also please use the bug report template from my signature which is p[resented as a link. This will help solve the issue faster.

DeletedUser15782

• World: All - but noticed first on greifental
  • Browser and Version: IE version 9
  • Overview of the bug: Trades showing incorrectly as Guild only when set for Global
  • Screenshots:
    VIEW ON MY ACCOUNT OF TRADES SET UP - one is Guild only, the other is Global:
    Image1.jpg
    VIEW ON OTHER ACCOUNT OF TRADES SET UP - both show as Guild only:
    Image2.jpg
  • How often this occurs: Continuous
  • Urgency: Can only initiate trade inside guild - so I guess not too urgent
  • Preventative Actions Tried relogging, tried reboot PC, Tried removing and re-inserting trades of both guild only and global types, Asked both guild members and non-members what they see - ie do they see my trades, Responses were that only guild members saw the trade (even the global ones) and the global trades also showed the Guild only icon by them. I have tried repeatedly setting up trades and ticking and unticking the Guild only box, it makes no difference. Tried on a different PC but via same modem/router
  • Summary:
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Not found
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?:
Mostly, but not removed Firewall

0.30.13931 (10.04.2013 9:57), Elinor (941781), en7, en_US, WIN 11,6,602,180, Windows Vista, MSIE 8.0, 1024x701

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The player viewing your trades must be in your guild, which is why he can see both trades. If he is in your guild, this is not a bug.

If one of your neighbours or friends can view both your trades (i.e a player NOT in your guild), then this is a bug.

Setting a trade as "Guild Only" means that only the players in your guild can see that trade, they can also see all your other trades as well. Your neighbours or friends however will not be able to view "Guild Only" trades.

DeletedUser15782

True
But do the guild members see my Global trade as Guild only?
Also a player not in the guild repeatedly asked me to post the trades I was showing in my profile even though they were already posted as global trades

Perhaps you could log onto Greifental and look for those two trades I posted on the screenshot - they are still there - as someone not a member of my guild you should be able to see the global one and not the other?

DeletedUser

"Global Trades" are available to guild mates, friends and neighbours.
"Guild Only Trades" are available only to guild mates.

Also a player not in the guild repeatedly asked me to post the trades I was showing in my profile even though they were already posted as global trades
Most likely he cannot find it among the other trades. Ask him to filter by the offer/needed drop downs.

DeletedUser15782

I am obviously not mking myself clear - I agree that global trades ARE avalable to guild members too - BUT should they be bearing the Guild only symbol beside them? and I repeat - look for yourself and see if you can see the global trade Elinor has on Greifental.

DeletedUser9070

Yes the guild icon is not to dissociate how the trade was originally set-up but just to show he's a guild member, this has been already complained about that guild members cannot make trade purely for neighbourhood as others guild members will not be able to see whether that was the case or not since the shield will be there nonetheless.

Also be careful using different accounts on the same world..

DeletedUser15782

My issue was more about being unable to post a global trade - not much use if it can't be seen.
So to solve (perhaps) the guild difficulty I dissolved the guild (only 4 of us anyway) - maybe now I will be able to trade globally

DeletedUser

look for yourself and see if you can see the global trade Elinor has on Greifental.
Have sent in-game friend request so I can investigate.....

My issue was more about being unable to post a global trade - not much use if it can't be seen.
So to solve (perhaps) the guild difficulty I dissolved the guild (only 4 of us anyway) - maybe now I will be able to trade globally
Making any changes won't help to be able to confirm this as a bug or a user error.....

DeletedUser

The player that was unable to see your non-guild-only trade, were they in your neighborhood or friends list?

DeletedUser7719

BUT should they be bearing the Guild only symbol beside them?.
There is no such thing as a guild-only symbol. The symbol that the other person sees means he is seeing a offer made by a guildy.
There is no way (for the other player) to find out if you're offers are guild-only or not.

DeletedUser

True

Yes, guild members will see all your trades with a guild symbol next to them, whether they are "guild-only" or "global". Your neighbours on the other hand, should only be able to see the trades that you set up "globally".

Looks like no bug to me, so sending this topic to that section :)

DeletedUser96695

Yes, guild members will see all your trades with a guild symbol next to them, whether they are "guild-only" or "global". Your neighbours on the other hand, should only be able to see the trades that you set up "globally".

Looks like no bug to me, so sending this topic to that section :)

I do not agree, i think it is a bug, i suppose game developer should modified it

1. First of all, guild-only and global trade offered by a guild member, should be able be viewed by all guild members
so game mod. say, it can be viewed by all guild member, i do agree that part

2. However, they are 2 different kind of trade, game developer should add something showing which 1 is guild -only and which 1 is global
why ??

this is a game
player play differently

Inside a guild, we are fair to each other by exchange goods, we are helping each other
We place the trade to help guild member , and he place the trade to help me, we are both equal

Inside a guild, we exchange goods with ratio 1: 1 for same age goods
e.g.
(a) 10 lumber to exchange with 10 stone, no cheating, we call fair-trade

(b) if some guild member need thigns urgently, he can post 15 lumber exchange with 10 stone, that is fine as he are willing to give more to get urgent demand. he is offerign advantage. we accept this kind of trade.

(c) if a guild member offering 10 lumber and asking 15 stone, which we all considered a un-fair trade. It contra-dict a guild function ( group together and fair to each member inside a guild ). Those trader , strip other guild member benefits. we need to impose punishment , warnign and expel .

Outisde the guild, guild member is doing a business game, he can place fair and unfair trade in market. It is totally at player discretion. He is playing a additional part of the game, a trading game too. We will not interference his business plan, He get additional goods, it is totally his game fun. We will not stop it.

However
the current display about those 2 trades
"guild only trade" and "global trade" has cause confusion> Guild leader and admin -guild member cannot identify whehter
that guild member has void guild rules < as far as i know, many guild has imposed fair trade inside guild, some guild member say "expel" if there is unfair trade >. This make Guild leader cannot control that part of his guild ..it is all becos game developer do not display those 2 kind of trade properly.

I have do the test
i post same trades, 1 is "Guild onlY" and other "Global"
i can see : "your current offer", i can identify which 1 is guild only becos it has a guild symbol attaching to it beside the "rate"

but our guild member see both trade are the same , no difference
< in fact, when guild member click "guild only button", both trades appear with no difference, no sign of telling which 1 is gloal and which is guild-only >

I would say, It is a bug,
that guild symbol (as seen in "your current offer" should also view by our guild members, but it is missing

if the developer say, no such symbol
i would strognly suggest developer add that feature back, it help guild leader to manage their guild

DeletedUser9168

this is something which many players have been requesting for a very long time as it it a source of great friction and upset within guilds.
but i guess the devs have more important stuff to think about and work on. i don't think there has ever been a categoric no to the idea, but it has never, to my knowledge, been picked up on as a good idea either. so i guess we are stuck with the situation and have to suffer unpleasantness between guild members flaring up from time to time with members walking out or getting booted.