• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Forum Moderation

DeletedUser7798

After fiddling in game and forum reading through King Dael's guide. Not finding the answers I'm looking for, I just can't wait for
Guild Forum Moderation : (Coming soon)

THIS IS A WORK IN CONSTANT PROGRESS

Questions that are:

Can a topic be stickied?

Can a topic get "important" unchecked?

Can the ability to mark "important" be restricted?

Hope you know. Thanks

DeletedUser

Questions that are:

1) Can a topic be stickied?

2) Can a topic get "important" unchecked?

3) Can the ability to mark "important" be restricted?

(numbers are added by me)

Please note that you will need at least forum-moderator rights for this:

1) Yes. If you open your guild-forum, and click on the thread you want to sticky (=important), and then click on the thread title, you will get the option to check if it is important or not. Click the green checkmark then to confirm.

2) Yes. Do the same as under 1), but now remove the check that indicated it was important. Click the green checkmark to confirm again.

3) Only those people with forum-moderator rights should have the ability to mark threads as important.

Hope that answers your questions! :)

DeletedUser

Hey Malhalla
"important" functions as sticky as far as I know? It keeps the topic at the top of the forum section.
"important" can be unchecked by clicking the name of the topic, this allows you to edit the name as well as uncheck "important".
I'm not certain what you mean with restricting "important" though? I think only people with "moderator" rank and above can change things in the forums.

~Mutzena~

Edit: Hah, Pen beat me to it and with a much better post too ;)

DeletedUser1094

I am so sorry... I totally forgot about that guide.
Thanks Malhalla, for bringing this to my attention.
I'll try to have the Moderation section done within this week.

Thanks to Pen & Mutzena for coming to the rescue... :)

DeletedUser7798

Sweet.
Question 1 answer totally eluded me in game. Glad to see it be the same answer to question 2 also.
Question 3 however, I am not sure if answer is correct. Several topics from members without rights are marked important. It may be that founder have marked them, but I really don't think so. Have to investigate that thoroughly, would almost call it out as bugged if it is meant to be a moderator option.
Hoping someone else will double-check this also, just asked a guildie to try. popping back with report later.

Thanks for good support :)

yaay, King Dael! Great work on the guides!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Kinda related, but this is for THIS forum. Is there any way you guys can make the stickied posts look more obvious? I can mention many,many... many times where people show up without using a template, and I'm pretty sure it's because the first stickied post(s) don't really attract the new-posters there

DeletedUser7798

Looks like I'm gonna have to take this to bug report. A guildmember without any rights just made a post on guild forum marked as important.

DeletedUser

Every Inno games In-game forum i have been to has had the option for anyone to mark a thread they create as important. I remember how i was always telling players to think twice before deciding what they were going to post needed to be marked important.

I'm 100% sure this is not a bug

DeletedUser7798

That's like giving everyone on any forum the rights to sticky... Does nothing, but mess up forum and create headache for mods as the actual important topics drown.

DeletedUser1094

Klevito, you're right about the other Game-Forums... but not for Forge of Empires. As stated in the Bugs-section, only Moderators & Leaders ought to be able to mark threads as "Important".
This has already been reported and accepted as a bug, see link -> Guild Forum Rights (click)