• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Forum and email supported html

DeletedUser100341

Does anyone know the html tags that are supported by the guild forum and email besides {b}{/b} and the likes (I had to use curly braces so they show up)? Other than the few buttons that are displayed with the edit box.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure which BB codes the guild forum will support, but this is the link to the BB codes that can be used on this forum:

BB Codes

For your information, if you use the [noparse][noparse][/noparse] [noparse][/noparse][/noparse] BB codes, you can use the normal [] brackets around the [noparse][/noparse].

Tested the following on the guild forum:

Bold

Italic

Underline

Strikethrough

Author said:

color=#868686
color=#555555
color=#2e2e2e
color=#0e0e0e
color=#000000

I'm not posting the complete list colours as they are going to work if they are in the guild forum edit box.

The size code works, but the font code doesn't. It's probably just a matter of trying all of them out in a test thread and seeing what happens. :D

DeletedUser100341

Hippocratia, thanks for the tip about noparse. I did as you said. I tried the table/tr/td codes but they didn't work. It may be limited to only the few that have buttons. I'll try others and keep a note of which ones work and which don't.

I'm not able to test codes in email because I can't send an email to myself and don't want to bother others with it. Maybe none.

DeletedUser

I tried the table/tr/td codes but they didn't work. It may be limited to only the few that have buttons.

I do think the guild forum is pretty basic, so it may well be just the codes that are available in the edit box as they are all to do with formatting text, rather than doing more 'advanced' things like tables. I also tried the [noparse]
[/noparse]
code to try and obtain a horizontal line, but that doesn't work either. Looks like guild forums don't do lines!

I'm not able to test codes in email because I can't send an email to myself and don't want to bother others with it. Maybe none.

Not quite sure what you mean here; if that's concerning the ingame messaging system then the answer is that it is text-only. I've tried to set up tables there by using dots and lines and the result was a horrible mess. :D

DeletedUser100341

Not quite sure what you mean here; if that's concerning the ingame messaging system then the answer is that it is text-only. I've tried to set up tables there by using dots and lines and the result was a horrible mess. :D

What I meant is do [noparse][/noparse] and other like it work in emails? I have no way to test.

DeletedUser

What I meant is do [noparse][/noparse] and other like it work in emails? I have no way to test.

That would depend on your email system, although the two I use apply formatting to the text and don't use BB codes:

BTInternet email.png

hotmail email.png

If you do mean the ingame messaging system rather than email, then it doesn't use BB codes and you can't apply any sort of formatting:

ingame message.png

and this forum has the same options for posts and private messages, so that the following codes:

Private messaging - codes.png

turn into the following message:

Private messaging - sent.png