• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Expedition Ranking

Kalliopeia

Private
Proposal:
Enhance the GUI in the Guild Expedition to allow players to display the ranks of players based on number of encounters completed.

Have you checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
A similar idea was suggested some years ago. It was derailed by people who were arguing about the relative importance of the two game metrics which are available. Of course, both are important, otherwise Inno would not have added both to the game. Different people will place greater importance on one or other of them. This version of the proposal differs in how it presents the information, making it clearer that both are available.

Reason:
Guild Expeditions have two parallel systems of scoring the participation of guild members.
1. Expedition Points. This score is heavily skewed towards players in later eras. It contributes at the end of the expedition to the Guild Power which the guild will be awarded, and is the number upon which user ranking in the UI is currently based.
2. The percentage of encounters completed. Guild Expedition Championship trophies are based on this second number, and are shown on the guild's Profile. This is independent of the player's era, so a single encounter by a guild member in EMA counts the same a a single encounter by a guild member in SAJM.
It would be useful to be able to see each guild member's rank in this second regard and easily see the order of participation, as well as the current Points.

Details:
Modify the Guild Expedition Contribution dialog.

The first tab, Overview, currently shows the player's contribution in Guild Expedition Points, and their rank within the current expedition. It does not tell the player how much they have contributed toward actually winning the championship.
- Add the player's current number of completed encounters, and their completed-encounters rank.

The second tab, Contribution, displays a tabular set of all guild members and their current scores (measured in Expedition Points) in the event, complete with their particpation, sorted by their score.
- This does not need to be changed.

Add a third tab, Participation. This will display the same tabular set of all guild members and their current scores in the event, complete with their particpation, but sorted by the number of successful encounters.

Use cases:
1. Guild members will be able to see how their participation contributes to the guild's performance in the Championship, in addition to seeing how it contributes to the Guild Power which will be awarded at the end of the expedition.
2. Players in earlier ages will be able to see their relative contribution in the guild without the inherent bias in the Contributed Points towards players at higher technology levels. This will have a subtle but noticeable motivating effect on them.
3. For those guilds with rules about a minimum participation (e.g. complete at least GE1, i.e. 16 encounters), it will be much easier to see which members have reached the required level.

Visual Aids:
GE-overview-tab.jpg

GE-participation-tab.jpg

Balance:
This is simply a visual change, showing the same data as is currently available but presented in a different way, so does not affect gameplay in any way.

Abuse Prevention:
n/a

Knight of ICE

You make it look like this is a very important part of the game and people keep checking that ranking. To be honest I never look at it. I just complete GE. I seriously doubt many look at that ranking to see how much they have contributed. They just do what they can and are fine with that. Only ones profiting from it are Guilds that have a minimum participation requirement and my opinion on that is the same as always. If you want to put in all sorts of requirements for your Guild, fine by me, but do not ask Inno to make it easier for you to check them.