• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild benefits

DeletedUser110480

It's very difficult to attrack players to my guild..I think that FoE shall reconsider to give guilds more benefits.. Also the in and out going of players must come to an end..Stop the collection of aid..They must be member for a week before collecting aid..The same as GE..

bs0877

Private
Having inherited control of a guild a few years ago I understand your grief, but you have to work hard to keep loyal members. We have a small loyal group and I often take a poll to see if it is time to combine with another guild to offer the benefits of more members - so far we stay as we are.

I tried the open invite system and yes you will then get wandering day-trippers to your guild. If its on invite only you have to work to attract members but they will more likely stay.

Many large guild collectives rely on allowing members to move between their associated guilds to promote cohesion by allowing traders to move to assist new members. Stopping this would be a backward step.

DeletedUser110480

Lots of players don't want to be in a guild..They go in and out guilds in order to collect aid, coins and BP's, ...In this way they can buy more fps than what a guild offer them at the Townhall and also get the BP's easier..With the fps that they bought, trade can be paid..Does a guild gives them benefits ?? No, because outside the guild there is more to achieve..No need to stay in a guild ...This is my point...How do you solve this ? After one week membership, newbies are able to collect..The whole comedy of in and out, stops immediately...

DeletedUser108047

I agree that it can be hard to find good guild players but I don't think the proposal is the solution.

I struggle to understand why you say being in a guild is not giving benefits. I'm guessing that the issue is the level of teamwork and the open or social nature of your players and their level of commitment to the guild. I'm not criticising your guild if this is the case - every guild is different and every player is different

Guild hopping is only a short term strategy - the advanced guilds will spot it pretty quickly and won't accept applications.

Long term guild membership is very beneficial if you are in the right guild. We made a commitment to each other to some simple rules to ensure the guild levelled up as quickly as possible to get the guild level benefits. If you have simple goals, stick to them and get players to commit up front it will happen. Having senior players lead by example is also important - being generous almost to a fault with internal trades and GB assistance etc

After bitter experience, our recruitment is now by application. Most of our recruitment comes from direct recruiting and personal relationships. We vet every applicant we don't know via foedb etc and ask them to agree to a simple set of principles before they join. We are not being dictators - just wanting to have all our players on the same page and committed to the same goals.

Changing the rules won't get rid of the freeloaders and guild hoppers; changing the guild benefits would skew things even further in the way of being a guildee. Very few advanced active players are not in a guild

DeletedUser110480

Take a look at the Global ranking, and you will see how many guilds below level 10 have a few low ranked members...It's not only my guild .. It's general..From page 30 to 366 ..Only a few of them are lucky for having more than 10 high and low ranked members..Please don't take big guilds and advanced players in this discussion..From level 10 and higher , you will see that the amount of members are increasing because 1fp is given from the Town Hall...Repeat → just take a look at the Global ranking of guilds..

Please take a look at the Global rank of guilds..From page 30 to 366, guilds are struggling to have members ..It's not only my guild..It's general..Please don't take big guilds and advanced players in this discussion..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108047

@Vicmor 700 Everybody started at the beginning. I joined my guild when the most senior member was in HMA. We are a top 10 guild on N because we work hard at it. I have to ask...
  • do you and your guild mates play every day
  • do you sacrifice your personal advancement for the good of the guild eg build guild only GBs, build Halls of Fame, run your bazaars to produce guild power only?
  • do you work as a team and level up each others buildings so you all benefit?
  • do you have a plan for where your guild should be?
  • do you actively recruit the right/similar sorts of players
  • do you compete in GE for guild power and actively chase advancement?
If you work on your guild like you do your city then you will progress and you will attract the right people. If you are not sure what to do - consider taking a secondment in a bigger guild and see how they do it. or merge your guild with another to learn... you can always start again

The big guilds are only big because they have a game/business plan and they stick to it...It doesn't have to be complicated or rocket science. And it won't happen overnight - this is a very long game...

That said even what you call big guilds and advanced players all have problems with recruitment. Our experience is that less than 1/10 of the applicants for our guild are committed or a good fit. So like dating - you just have to get back in there....

DeletedUser110480

Big guilds are big because the Town Hall produces 3 , 4 , 5 or 6 fps ..There are enough mates to pol./mot ..Enough mates at the neverending swaps..They also have good building rebate and recruitment boost..And most humans likes to be in a big , strong , wealthy environment ..( in daily life , small political parties with good programs never win at elections) ...In FD i've 2,131,541 ranking points, mate1 has 3962 r.points and mate2 has 2544 r.points .. Guild EnerGy is level 9 , # 295 , page 30 ..Other players with more r.points , with GB's don't stay in little guilds..I invite players , from 1500 and higher ranking points , so many times and still no response .. In Dinegu the same situation (EnerGy level 7 with me and 4 mates)...From the beginning EnerGy has a guild forum..I've been in so many guilds with no guild forum at all, with no neverending swaps, founders/leaders who don't fight at GE, bad organized, stubborn founders/leaders → they don't like new ideas which doesn't come from them (bossy)...Please , i'm not complaining , i just tell how things are ..Maybe there are too many guilds .. Players open a guild because of bad experiences ...
3654 guilds and 67837 players .. 67837 : 3654 = ± 18.5 players on every guild ..How many players don't play anymore ???..So it should be much lower than 18.5 ...Guild maximum = 80 players ..

Last edited by a moderator: