• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Really? :(
Aw. Then yeah, basically Iron Age camping with thousands of incredibly easy to acquire goods allows you to beat any fighter of higher ages... xD aw man, was hoping CE could go so far like 100 fights a day far ;-;
CE is my favorite era by far regardless of GBG. You can solve 64 by fighting without much trouble on most encounters, hood fights are really easy as well, stay long enough to reach FE map and gain FE Hover Tanks which opens many possibilities both defensive and offensive. Don't let GBG stop your progress trough eras.

I don't know how you check back on battles per day - I've done 40 in the last 24 hours and am currently on attrition 24. I might have another four or five left in me, but this is the stage at which I usually start to struggle.
I check the log before and after I've done GBG. But in most cases they correspond with attrition I'm sure.

That's a low attrition, you guys have many siege camps?

DeletedUser

That's 91 per day. Not 150, not 300, not 400
he wrote that on Wednesday !

That's a low attrition, you guys have many siege camps?
and what Era he is ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110131

He may have a point that the most powerful players have a need for a cross-world GBG. However, his estimates of the difficulty/ease of fighting 150 to 500 battles are far off. How can we rationally consider the need for cross-world GBG based on claims that players can win 500 battles per day?

Let's get some real numbers and credible estimates on the table. Let's hear from players who have actually fought against attacking penalties in the thousands. Then we can discuss the possible need for cross-world GBG.

To accomplish that, we must do away with the misconceptions that have been spread. So
I read it. It still doesn't make sense. You can't know that 500 battles are possible, or that 300 is easy, or how fast you can finish 150 fights, if the most you've ever tried is 100. Multiplying with one in a formula is objectively bad math. Formulas are meant to be simple, so you eliminate needless factors. Multiplying by one will never affect the result, so it's needless. No lengthy lecture can change this. No single province can accommodate 4 siege camps. The most is 3, and the mean is 2. Having 4 siege camps will be the exception.

To do some of that amazing math: 500 battles with 4 supporting siege camps will on average give an attrition of 158. That should result in an attacking att/def penalty of about 9,000% (the formula for attrition is unknown; I'm making quick-and-dirty projections from known values; give or take 1/10). With a more likely scenario of 2 siege camps, the attrition will be 289, with a penalty around 25,000%. If he really does fight mostly with 4 siege camps, mostly fighting 90 battles per day, he will rarely have experienced an attrition above 30. That's a penalty of 203%, which isn't very special, at all. Now he wants to fight with a penalty of 25,000%...

To put it into perspective, the highest attrition level currently reported on the unofficial Forge of Empires Wiki is 106, with a 2559% attacking penalty. None of the contributors have been able to report on higher attrition than this. These aren't incompetent players, ignorant of how to use the various elements of the game. What they are, is the kind of players whose experiences we need to know, if we're to have an enlightened debate.

My best attack boost in the worlds I play in is 358 at the moment. Kind of average I would say. Not in the 1000s like the few fittest fighters have it.
I can do maybe 40-50 battles + some nego's before I hit the attrition wall (depending on siege camps and defense buildings). I hit the wall at around 50-60 attrition and 6-700 attack penalty. In the current BG season I have done 282 fights and 144 nego's so far.
Take that as my single entry to the statistics.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

@Einrikr The arguement was about this,
Can you Take SoH faster with Negotiations or by Fighting ?
Then came the most profitable as general.
Anyway as i said before i've seen a Guild with 20 members and most of them lower than 100m points (maybe most of them less than 50m)
Doing non - stop attacks Very Quick like the rates i described and when i checked on the Guilds list i saw 1 guy with maxed GB's etc..
The Fact that they didn't had not even siege camps and we had decoys and traps in our Sector made it even more Impossible but it happened
As for the Negotiations being profitable i really doubt that if a Guilds starts Negotiating as Main will have Goods to Make Buildings ...
Fighting is more expendable than spending critical goods needed for buildings to keep weaker members attrition low...
Anyway the Average way as the people said above is , 1st max your Attacking Options and then Push with Negotiations but when you spend 100 goods in 1 negotiation then your Guilds Treasury will soon have a problem.
I hope that i gave reasonable and easy to understand explaination ^^

DeletedUser

Negotiating goods don't come from the guild treasury
didnt said that they are coming from there
Your guild doesnt need Donations in Treasury ?
(Most Guilds need Extra Donations for GBG, if you Spend all your Goods like Bullets - Ammo for Negotiations on GBG then you soon wont have Buildings that was my Point)

DeletedUser

Of course but multiple high level arcs, everyone with an OBS and lots of SoH take care of this. No one ever has to donate their own goods unless its for a quest
Depents of the Aspect :)
If you are in a High Guild then Fighting is for sure faster easier and more profitable
if you are in a Low Guild then Spending Goods on Negotiations is Limited
Maxed SoH's in game are by Fighting right ?

he pressed autobattle at the end
Nah, all the enemy units would be gone from the battlefield, also when using auto … wouldn't they? :-/ Not really sure, actually.
Still doesn't explain why it's a green and not a red Mars battlefield. Is it different when fighting with Mars units in BG (and GE and GvG) than on the Mars map? Would make sense of course. Your fighting with Mars units, but you're not ON Mars.

Last edited:
make it thubnail please so everyone can see what are we talking about
*ps the screen is @Ceban 's not mine

1577061437157.png

1577061666442.png