• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds (concept)

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
More mandatory stuff to do...exactly what we DON'T need in this game. This is suppose to be a relaxing game, like it was at the beginning. Get rid of this garbage concept and fix GVG, add an 'aid all' button and add only this to our current game - Each member will get fragments for a completely new, upgradeable building that will provide Guild Power, Guild Treasury Goods and Forge Points. It can be added to GE.

More mandatory stuff to do...exactly what we DON'T need in this game. This is suppose to be a relaxing game, like it was at the beginning. Get rid of this garbage concept and fix GVG, add an 'aid all' button and add only this to our current game - Each member will get fragments for a completely new, upgradeable building that will provide Guild Power, Guild Treasury Goods and Forge Points. It can be added to GE.
Where does it says it's mandatory? no more mandatory than GE or GvG

DeletedUser10851

"We hope you understand the reasons for this step and look forward to your feedback"
Some of us do understand the reasons for this GB thing- FoE adds new content to try to get more people to spend $$. Simple as that. After all they are a business and feedback means very little unless few participate.
i would expect that the goods players are using to negotiate would be from guild treasury
If you looked closely, BG seems more like a take-of from GE rather than GvG and it looks like it's following a very similar format with a twist being that guilds will have direct contact unlike GE and more like GvG. For me it just seems as if it is a heightened version of GE. Battle - negotiate - not enough goods? Why not spend diamonds to buy them specially members in the lower ranked guilds. But....
because top guilds give their members goods (through unfair trades) for GE negotiations anyway... so why not make it easier and cut that step out of the process allowing members grab goods from treasury? rich members will donate and poor/weaker will use it for the guild sake.. all in one boat at the end and all will benefit if won.

If you follow the evolution of events (more on this later) - through to the adding of new content like that second villageit is: All about the money, money, money.... keep smiling

Last edited by a moderator:

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Where does it says it's mandatory? no more mandatory than GE or GvG

Think before you reply to one of my comments.

Lets all face it, most of the people who like this concept are in dead guilds.

This is a very stupid concept that would see players troops and goods depleted quickly, even those of us with L80+ Traz would find it impossible to keep up.

This is a very stupid concept that would see players troops and goods depleted quickly, even those of us with L80+ Traz would find it impossible to keep up.
I do think thanks.
I'm in an active large guild. GvG is optional and so is GE to an extent although people are encouraged to participate but there are no consequences if they don't.
Personally I don't do GvG (app only) but do 64 in GE every week, this is a good way to get more people playing the game as GvG is severly broken and closed to app players

DeletedUser111608

Your definition of relaxing is boring. where's the fun in logging in for 2 minutes and leave and gathering a bunch of event buildings?

Fighting guilds are dead guilds? ofc players with lvl 80 traz wont have a problem keeping up, that is why there is an attrition rate and they can just stop fighting if they dont want to spend resources. the definition of a guild is a team of players that don't mind spending their resources for the greater good of the team and also themselves. a league is what makes this game fun and competitive, im not sure where do you find the fun in playing this game if even aiding bothers you to the point of reacting like that

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Sounds tame ...and i will soon bore of it , like i did with GE. I like many only play FoE for GvG , and that should have been fixed and enhanced a long time ago , and new maps or strategic elements developed .
GE or GB ( guild battlegrounds ) might suit the masses who play app .... but GvG is the only feature that is worthy of long time investment in this game . ( even with its current many flaws )

DeletedUser110480

Most players do not like to fight..Check the ranking list..Most of them do a few fights at GE or no fights at all..They don't motivate/polish regularly and visiting The Tavern is a burden for them..They don't build a Hall of Fame, Observatory and Atomium..They don't contribute goods to the guild's Treasury...They even do not like to stay in a guild..There is not much to win for them at the Battle grounds, as I understand...A change is good..Is it going to work ?? I don't think so...Because you first need to change the guild's life ..Thank you for reading..And I hope you read it good too..It is not chinese, it is english..Enjoy..Bye..

DeletedUser112395

With regards to attrition, what is to stop someone from doing countless negotiations in a day? Would the cost of negotiating go up?

2 other things:
-Do guilds volunteer to do the battlegrounds? Imagine a battleground where only 1 of the guilds is playing

-When matchmaking, guilds should be put together not only by rank, but by size

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14704

Inno is contradicting itself

With this possible new feature you will create a growing game. Maybe not ever growing, but definately growing, so you need to make up your mind. Drop GVG and replace it with Battlegrounds, or fix GvG for once and for all. Not still try to fix GVG and add Battlegrounds.

With Batlegrounds also giving prestige it will influence the guild ranking. The number of prestige given will influence a Guilds decission on what will benefit them more. GvG or Battlegrounds.

I agree, falling between 2 stools here.
Think I got the general gist of this, parts of it seem to be a very poor google translate. It appears to be some kind of hybrid GE/GVG system which is going to swap one set of problems with another, but probably end up with the same outcome which makes GvG so unrewarding to the majority. It will still be the same guilds with the fanatical rules on GvG who will rise to the top.
If we can no longer actively defend, then inevitably the rewards will go to the insane who are chained to their keyboards 24/7, and while you have this attrition point system, it still does not appear to reimburse those who've invested heavily over the years to raise GBs etc...

Particularly annoying is announcing a Live Q&A session with just 2 days notice in the middle of a working day.
So, is everyone expected to bunk off work/school etc... or do you assume we can take time off at the drop of a hat? Even though I'm no longer working, that afternoon has been earmarked for other things long in advance.
Five years ago, many happy, long-established guilds were ripped apart by the dreadful Update 1.20 and none of the issues raised then have been addressed, it remains an unfair, top heavy system trying to turn a nice little building game into a watered down version of the many, many pvp/gvg type games already out there, the reasons that made us leave games like Grepolis are now being foisted on FoE and now you've invented yet another way to suck already limited time out of our already busy days and it's not even replacing the old broken version, it's adding another one on top of it, and no doubt the ever increasing "mini events" will incorporate quests to try and force us into this. :(

DeletedUser109930

This entire thing disappoints me. Clearly this is Inno telling us they aren't going to make the necessary investment to fix/improve GVG for 5% of their customers. An unfair # as many have said here, given GVG is not available on mobile. Also unfair as many who have left GVG (and even the game entirely) due to extreme frustration at the lack of support Inno has shown it, may well return if they saw a commitment to improvements such as the addition of maps (just one example).

Inno's statement that this will run alongside GVG only leads me to believe we will see worsening issues on the maps. We all know lag/glitches are far worse when an event is running, something like this is sure to cause more problems. Their statement that they will 'spend additional time to improve the technical stability of GvG' is the same thing we've been hearing for years now. As Mithrander alluded, I won't be holding my breath.

To me this looks like Inno's better attempt (than GE proved to be) to replace GVG. I'll add my voice, when GVG is gone from the game, so am I.

Status
Not open for further replies.