• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild bank - Because banks are everywhere

DeletedUser

@@@@@ = updated content

Proposal:

Introduce the Guild-Bank system in Forge of Empires for a more profound team play. If possible integrate it to work with great buildings using "tokens". "Tokens" will be explained as you read.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? YES
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? NO

Reason:

#1: The guilds are here but there are not many incentives to join one. Even if these incentives a suficient to make people join guilds, these don't create the necessary atmosphere from inside a guild. The guild has to operate on many levels, just like a family, they eat together, cook together and work together.
Example:
I cannot find any reason to join a guild because the gameplay just doesn't support it ... Can anyone please enlighten me about some goal other than personal domination and why it's even relevant?

#2: Great Buildings are coming up, since these will most likely be constructed with team work, banks are a great way where all player contributions can come together.

#3: In real life banks have existed long before colonial age. Adding them would increase the amount by which they game reflects the reality.

Details:
Guild bank operating guide lines:
1.) Introduce tokens that cost resources/diamonds.
- Why tokens ?
* Tokens can only be used for building Guild Related buildings
* Tokens will be kept in the Guild Bank from where the responsible person can spend them
* Tokens can be bought as a limit/day (e.g: 1 token/day), the cost of the tokens will depend on what age your town hall is (like goods costing more the higher the age).
reason - bronze age players will still be able to contribute to guild as much as a Late Middle Age players. As the higher level players will get more out of the effects than lower players (bigger buildings in city) then the higher level player will pay more.
* Guilds will not become elitist and only want rich players, everyone is almost equal because everyone can buy a certain limit/day
* Being able to buy 2 tokens per week will stop big guilds from racing through the tiers in 2-3 days .

2.) How to invest the donated tokens:
- Tokens/diamonds can be invested only once a day. This will mirror the realistic part of banks that can not offer money to whoever asks for it.​
- This will prevent issues like:​
* having to motivate allot of actions you take in one day to the entire guild​
* spamming all guild members with allot of minor decisions you could take if the limit was not there (you are now limited to one action per day)​
* the treasurer will be more likely to carefully use the tokens in a productive/efficient way with one go.

3.) How to donate tokens (and/or diamonds if devs introduce) to the "guild bank":
- accounts can donate every day (or there is another variant in point "4."), but there should be a limit as donations/day in tokens and/or diamonds as mentioned in "1.)"
* This will hinder the possibility of multi-accounts powering up their guild by transferring allot of tokens. (i suspect those have already been zeroed out by the fact that tokens can only be spent for the guild, but there is more till the end, read on...)
* Will make managing a bank much lighter for the treasurer since he will only have to monitor transactions of a player once a week
* Will increase the probability of diamonds/tokens being purchased by a bigger audience (because more people have to be involved when there is a limit)
* Hinder the possibility of having one rich player donate allot of diamonds (if these are introduced) at a time and create an imbalance
* Will make the establishment of the guild bank be much more involving/interactive.
Example: If one could only donate 10 diamonds per week, this means 20 people would get involved in the purchase of the guild flag if the guild wants to purchase it in that week.
- Diamonds may only be donated for the Guild flag (or other features of this sort that affect the guild in a 'beautiful way'. I know the guild flag was intended to generate some profits to the devs but very few people are using it now. This will increase the amount of purchased diamonds. Because now almost every respectable guild will find the diamonds to buy the flag and 'other beautiful things' if such will appear.)
- (Option for Devs) The Diamonds can be entirely removed, though i highly suggest it is implemented because:​
* it will increase the diamonds traffic by involving more people
* it will make those game acquired diamonds vanish even faster because of one more way to spend them (mind you that if they spend diamonds on this, they get nothing but the satisfaction of seeing 'beautiful things')

4.) This is the "other variant" mentioned in point "3.)":
- Donations can be made only in certain days of the week (this could be skipped if it's too much, though i think it is a very beautiful idea, just let me explain why an how:
* Making donation possible only on certain days of week, can be targeted a day when most people are offline. Thus this will make that particular day much more populated in-game, thus increase the amount of online players ;)
* This will hinder the possibilities of multi-accounts again, if these somehow find a way to use this system, which by now would be rendered as totally unworthy.
* The idea in it is that Innogames will not force anyone to come online, only the guild master may demand "mandatory donations", so if people won't like that, they will simply leave the guild. Thus the guild will have to choose between having members of quality or members for money.
* I highly doubt that there are so many players that can not get online for several minutes in one particular day for the rest of their life. (this won't be done weekly, more like once in a while)​
5.) How will tokens from the guild bank be administered:
- can be used only by those that have permission to use them (not more than 1 person per guild + the founders of the guild​
- the founder can always change who the treasurer is, but not more often than once a week (what if the treasurer leaves? well in that case the founder will have to pay for his bad decision and administer the guild bank himself for 7 day at most, just like in real life, hiring people costs both time and money)​
- only 1 person + founders so that the responsibility can be easily traced​
6.) There must be a "log" where players from all the guild will see who donated tokens to the bank, the amount they donated, and current guild bank tokens status.
- this will not cause capitalism, it has already been tested in thousands of games with success and i have tried it out myself in those games
- the log will allow guild members to monitor how these tokens they donated are being used so people will be able to make a choice of trusting the leadership or not, depending on their ability to use the guild budget wisely
- a leader/treasurer is assigned for a reason, if someone will not like how he manages the budget and will start threatening to leave the guild than it is the mistake of the leadership​
8.) Introduce the possibility of collecting forge points in the guild bank, this will add up to the utility of joining a guild.​
- these forge points will only be available to guild members for accepting trade offers outside the guild (trade offer that cost F.P.)​
- players that have reached the TOP of the game will now have something "to work on", now they will be able to directly help the guild progress in a "symbolic" way.
- this will not cause imbalance it will simply make joining the guild look much more appealing in the way that you can, from time to time, accept a trade offer that is profitable without spending those forge points​
9.) How to integrate guild banks with great buildings (just an example).
- Introduce Guilds Tires (Examples next)​
* Tire 1 will allow you to build tier 1 building. Cost to get tier 1 guild: (10 guild tokens and a min of 5 members in guild)​
* Tier 2 will allow tier 2 building cost to get tier 2 guild: (25 tokens and upkeep 10 tokens and a min of 15 members in guild)​
* Tier 3 will allow tier 3 building cost to get tier 3 guild: (60 tokens and upkeep 15 tokens and a min of 30 members in guild)​
- Buildings available to build (Examples next)​
* Tier 1 building - guild workshop. Cost: 15 guild tokens (only paid once) and a upkeep of 5 guild tokens per week​
effect - you can double a supplies buildings production for 12 hours, can be done once in 36 hours.​
* Tier 2 building - guild debating house. Cost: 25 tokens (only paid once), upkeep of 10 tokens p/w​
effect - gives a 5% happiness bonus all the time​
* Tier 3 building - guild artisan workshop. Cost 60 tokens (only paid once), upkeep of 15 tokens p/w​
effect - divides by 2 (in half) the production time of a goods building of your choice for 12 hours (can be done every 36 hours )​
- If they have a guild city map (not as big as normal city map) the normal coins, goods and supplies can be added to buy decorations for guild (cosmetic only).​

This is slightly off topic of the guild bank , but it is a way i could see guild banks being introduced together with the anonymous player i worked on this point #9 update.

Expect to happen:

1.) There will be more incentives to join a guild by any kind of player at any stage of game
2.) No one is going to give resources/tokens to a bad/not so smart leader
3.) Guild leaders are not likely to spend those resources/tokens on every occasion because the "log" will show everyone how they used them. Therefore imbalance is very unlikely + they can be spent only on building that require the participation of more players.
4.) Leaders will have to motivate and communicated their motivations to spend resources/tokens to players in order to avoid the failure of guild trust - which is very crucial (this will increase guild communication and make thing more interactive)

Visual Aids:
Bank_Vault_by_TamasGaspar.jpg

Balance:
As any fresh idea it may require testing and improvement! This said and having the fact that i am a founder of a guild, i am more then willing to monitor the progress of the development of this idea and help in any way i can towards its implementation.

Abuse Prevention:
The only abuse that there can be is that you can be lied to just like in real life.

Summary:

#1 Devs can choose to either make the bank a collection of resources, or let players buy tokens first The guild bank will add a new dimension to this types of games, i can't remember a browser based strategy game that would have such unique features.
Managing a guild will now be tougher, and a new position as "treasurer" might appear inside guild ranks.
Although i do not know how great buildings will be built, i suspect it ca be integrated with that very wisely, since more people are going to work on build that one from what i know.

Update 25/11/12

If anyone from administration would like me to work more on it i gladly will. I need some feed back for that however.

I hope the people will at least read this till end :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Love the idea! +1 :)

Having said that, I may now criticize it to the point of its demise... :rolleyes:

As King Dael has mentioned numerous times before: "Player to Player donations is a no-go!"

Why? Well the 'log' that you described would NOT hinder guilds being established consisting of just the accounts of one individual player ( = multi-accounting).
Due to that, this idea will most likely be turned down. :(

As for the initial idea of a 'guild banking system', I would be much obliged to have such implemented into the game. I just wish there weren't this stupid abuse problem...

Regards,
Bloodwyn

EDIT: Upon taking a second look at your idea, here are some points that might improve it so that it's not turned down immediately:

1. Remove the function of allowing resources to be traded/handed down to other players (in this case guild members). It would minimize the potential abuse as only diamonds could now be 'transfered'. (These cannot be farmed => there's no abuse! Unless one considers donating diamonds to other players as 'general abuse')

2. Limit the amount of diamonds that can be transfered between members according to a certain amount and/or time when they may be distributed (Ex. once a week or once a month). This is just a minor regulation to avoid any potential abuse (people always find ways...:()

That'd be all for now. :)

DeletedUser

What guild bank will offer:

1.) Possibility to donate any kind of resources including diamonds to the "guild bank"
As Bloodwyn pointed out. This is too much open for abuse. For multi-accounters this is a goldmine.
Even though donating solely diamonds would be far less probable to be abused, it can still be abused. You can make deals with someone you know has lots of diamonds or easy access to them.

2.) Resources/diamonds from the guild bank can be used only by those that have permission to use them
Permissions are granted based on (wrongly placed?) trust and sometimes just plain blind trust or ignorance. It can also easily be abused for multi-accounters.

3.) Resources/diamonds from guild bank can be given to anyone from the guild upon request (no this wont cause chaos read on)
(I did read on, but just want to point something out) Those who have permission will be bombed with requests that need to be handled. You'll need a whole team to manage all these requests, or spend a lot of time doing it yourself.
Secondly, declining a request has the potential to cause a reaction that can easily escalate within the guild.

4.) there must be a "log" where players from all the guild can see who donated resources/diamonds to the bank, the amount they donated, and current guild bank resources status

Those who donated much will usually want a bigger share in return, which will create a capitalism piramid (rich on top, poor on the bottom).
They might even start demanding more because they 'earn' it.

5.) Very important - the log will allow guild members to monitor how these resources/diamonds they donated are being used (this way people may choose to either trust the leadership or not depending on their ability to use the guild budget wisely)
"Spending wisely" is a matter of perspective. Also, if this would be abused it'd be too late to do something about it, as this would merely be giving hindsight.
Players can leave and lose trust, but they won't get their resources and/or diamonds back.

Expect to happen:

1.) There will be more incentives to join a guild by any kind of player at any stage of game
2.) No one is going to give diamonds to a bad/not so smart leader
3.) Guild leaders are not likely to spend those resources/diamonds on every occasion because the "log" will show everyone how they used them. Therefore imbalance is very unlikely.
4.) Leaders will have to motivate and communicated their motivations to spend resources/diamond to players in order to avoid the failure of guild trust - which is very crucial (this will increase guild communication and make thing more interactive)
1.) Small, new or poor guilds are doomed, because they will be unable to compete against advanced guilds or diamond used guilds. It will also make the diamond user a micro-community
2.) As I said, if they did and it would be abused, all you have is hindsight.
3.) See point 2 + 'wise spendings' are a matter of perspective.
4.) This can simply not be forced.

Abuse Prevention:
The only abuse that there can be is that you can be lied to just like in real life.
Are you new to the internet? ;)

Apart from all of that.. it is still a PtP system. A complex one, but it still is one. So I doubt it'd be implemented unless you do some major revamps to the initial idea.
In it's current form, I don't agree with the idea at least.

- L

DeletedUser

Even though donating solely diamonds would be far less probable to be abused, it can still be abused. You can make deals with someone you know has lots of diamonds or easy access to them.

Yeah, I was afraid someone might point that out... :rolleyes::

people always find ways [to abuse something]...:(

Regards,
Bloodwyn

P.S.: Nice 'visual aid'... I like the posture of those two guys in the background, LoL

DeletedUser4800

We had a similar idea, I rejected that as it was direct, sort of a gift like system, but this one is based on guilds so its more viable.

I'd say if this was implemented it would need lots of testing and as such I don't expect this to be taken upon by the devs anytime soon.

DeletedUser

Update - thank you all for the feedback

DeletedUser2456

This has to be the most thought out Idea I have seen in these forums and to be frank, I absolutely love this idea!

It would bring in so much more interaction with the players and with a guild having a bank It would be a great feature to use for players.

Users could also send Supplies and Gold to the bank and maybe it can upgrade the alliance cap?
Something on the lines of:
Guild Status 1: 80 Members
Guild Status2: 90 Members
etc etc.

DeletedUser

This is getting more appealing. :)
Especially this part:
5.) Resources from guild bank can be used only for building future constructions that requiers the participation of many players

There are some points I might not understand or interpret wrongly, but I'll see if anyone else comments on them.
Good job and kudos for using feedback. :)

- L

DeletedUser

Thanks for taking the time to read through all the feedback given and revising your proposal. Thumbs up! :)

Considering that, I thought I'd take the time now to comment on the updated version of your proposal:

1.) Invest the donated resources only once a day - this will prevent an issue like: - needing to motivate allot of actions you take in one day to the guild - the treasurer will now be more likely to carefully use the resources in a productive/efficient way with one go
Allowing investments 'only' once a day is good. This won't prevent any abuse through mutli-accounting (which I assume wasn't really intended here), but it may minimize the 'chaos' of who shall receive any donations. I don't quite understand your example of how it would benefit the guild though – care to elaborate?

2.) Possibility to donate any kind of resources EXCEPT diamonds to the "guild bank" - one account can donate only once in 7 days (should hinder the possibilities of "multi-accounts" but i suspect those will be useless just read on)
After having read Lodroth's reply on 'diamonds', I believe it is a good idea to exclude them from the resources a player may donate. Unless these diamonds are only to be used to acquire the special 'Guild Flags' and cannot be handed down to other players. In that case they would serve more for 'aesthetics' and 'representation purposes' of the guild and not have such a great affect (if any) on gameplay.

As for the prevention of abuse through multi-accounting, unfortunately it wouldn't prevent any abuse at all. To minder (it is nearly impossible to render this obsolete) any abuse, there would need to be a 'donation-cap' of some sort limiting how many resources a player can donate within a certain timespan (Ex. a total of 500 coins and supplies per player every 7 days. That would make a total of 40000 coins and supplies a week if all members would donate the maximum amount [assuming the guild is full = consists of 80 members]).

3.) Resources from the guild bank can be used only by those that have permission to use them (not more than 1 person per guild - the (the founder can always change who the treasurer is even if he is not the treasurer) - only 1 person per guild because that will allow everyone to know who is responsible for the budget.
This is not really necessary in my opinion. It won't prevent (I don't even think 'minder') abuse, however increase the issue this specific player being bombarded with requests from members pleading to receive donations. I would recommend adding something like: 'a member can only receive a donation once per week or once a month'. This would regulate constant pleads to receive donations.

On second thought, this could also be left for every guild to decide for themselves. If they want to limit how often a player may receive a donation, they can state that in their guild rules/policies.

4.) The permission can not be switched between players more often than once every 7 days)
I doubt this is reasonable. What if someone turns out to be untrustworthy within the first day? Does the guild have to watch how all their donations get misused by that player for the following 6 days? Please clarify this if I missed the point here. :)

5.) Resources from guild bank can be used only for building future constructions that requiers the participation of many players
Having read your other points, this seems to be more of an 'alternative' as to the function of such a 'Guild Bank'. Instead of having P2P donations you'd have the entire community benefit from each and every donation made. Hence, there wouldn't be any abuse. Big +1 here. :)

6.) There must be a "log" where players from all the guild will see who donated resources to the bank, the amount they donated, and current guild bank resources status(this will not cause capitalism, it has already been tested in thousands of games with success and i have tried it out myself in those games
I'll agree on the capitalism part. I've played games where such a system was implemented and there weren't any real issues. I mean seriously, if you're unhappy with the guild, then you can always just leave it (such stuff speaks around fairly quickly so other players would even be warned sooner or later).

7.) Very important - the log will allow guild members to monitor how these resources they donated are being used (this way people may choose to either trust the leadership or not depending on their ability to use the guild budget wisely - a leader is a leader for a reason - a threat to leave the guild will occur only in case of poor leadership - this occurs even now in some guilds)
Yeah, that's basically what I just mentioned. ;)

Conclusion: The proposal could still use some tweaks here and there, but other than that, it's absolutely fantastic! :D
Please keep up the great work mungiu and all of you that have given feedback so far!

Regards,
Bloodwyn

P.S.:
Users could also send Supplies and Gold to the bank and maybe it can upgrade the alliance cap?
Something on the lines of:
Guild Status 1: 80 Members
Guild Status2: 90 Members
etc etc.

This would go very well with the idea of having the 'Guild Bank' used for 'community purposes only'. Like with the usage of diamonds that I mentioned above or the initial 'alternative' stated by the OP.

DeletedUser

UPDATE - Thank you so much for this amazing feed back! It is simply fantastic!

Special thanks goes to Lodroth and Bloodwyn!

Since people are responsive i am giving 100% of my time for this idea now till it's perfect and hopefully i'm lucky enough for it to at least be considered.

DeletedUser1094

Thanks mungiu... for this well though proposal. And thanks to all the "feed backers", trying to make the idea more "edible".

With a last line as "to be updated", it's not really a finish idea and thus not ready to be presented in the ideas-section. I can, of course just pretend that I haven't seen that... :rolleyes: (...and eagerly await any updates)

PS : I strongly recommend point 3) removed from the proposal. I doubt that any idea that can be used to enhance a players economy, will even be considered.

This idea is still PENDING...

DeletedUser

Thank you! I was looking forward for a reply from someone from 'up there', you guys know what spot of the idea is sweet and which is bitter.

Your words will be taken with severity and today evening i will finalize the idea.

DeletedUser1094

Please, do not have too high thoughts of us "up here".... We're just players helping, keeping an eye on & managing these forums... and in here, just hope that the game-designers and developers reads the ideas, presented for them. (I know they do :cool:)
That's why, all ideas has to be well thought & well presented.

DeletedUser

Thanks bloodwyn, there is nothing better than having people really read through your work and appreciating it.

My mind does not forget such kind words. And now i will head back to my cave & study some guns and bullets and how people cant use them. (ups off-topic, shame on me)

DeletedUser

I like it. It does seem an awful lot of work lol, but it's nice.

The only point I don't completely agree with is this:
4.) Donations can be made only in certain days of the week (this could be skipped if it's too much, though i think it is a very beautiful idea, just let me explain why an how:
- Making donation possible only on certain days of week, can be targeted a day when most people are offline. Thus this will make that particular day much more populated in-game, thus increase the amount of online players ;)
- This will hinder the possibilities of multi-accounts again, if these somehow find a way to use this system, which by now would be rendered as totally unworthy.
Maybe some players simply can't make those days due to dedicated or even temporary work shifts.
Or perhaps a player is gone for a couple of days and has to miss out a week of donating, setting the entire guild back.

I don't think forcing people to come online on certain days is a good thing at all. Ofcourse Innogames wants their playerbase to come online as much as possible, but I don't feel like this is the way.
Some people might even quit the game just to make a statement or because they can't cope and keep up with the rest due to above given examples..

The idea is nice and the motivation behind it is smart, but I don't think it's very practical. (<- this just refers to #4)

- L

DeletedUser

Very true Lodroth, first allow me to thank for the feedback. Now since i had the same thoughts that you do, i though it would be good to add "this could be skipped if it's too much".

That being said i will now adres towards refining point #4:
- The idea in it is that Innogames will not force anyone to come online, only the guild master may demand "mandatory donations", so if people won't like that, they will simply leave the guild. Thus the guild will have to choose between having members of quality or members for money.
+ I highly doubt that there are so many players that can not get online for several minutes in one particular day for the rest of their life. (this won't be done weekly, more like once in a while)

these will be added to the main post if it clarifies your question, if not we can further discuss this.
... again the magic of feedback

DeletedUser

Ah, thanks for the clarification.. I tunnel-visioned and completely disregarded that you can simply leave the guild.
Just as many guilds have rules, this could be a rule by the Founder, or it could be left open for freedom of choice.

Thanks again, in that case +1. :)

- L