• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Guide]The new trade system as of 07-09-2012

DeletedUser

The difference between the two trade systems, and how to best use them.

Hello, as all of us know, the new trade system has been added, or fixed rather in the guild trades system, and I will point out the difference between both types here.

As of right now, there are two different ways to trade amongst your guild mates, and one is the free forge point system, and the other is the pay 1 forge point system.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Option #1 Forge Point Free Guild Trade

To make a trade that does not cost a forge point to the person that accepts it is fairly easy, and I will give you step by step instructions on this.

First off, with this system, there is a trade ratio cap that is between 0.5, and 2, this was put in because it is a way to limit the multi-accounters from abusing the system, and if it is used right, it is really not that big of a deal.

To start a trade you must first have a good to trade with, Duh, ;), but I thought I would go ahead, and point that out.

Next open up the trade menu by clicking this button:

Tradebutton.jpg

Once the trade menu is open click on the Create Offer tab:

Create.jpg

Here is where you choose what you want, and what you offer for it.

When you make an offer for the guild to see only, you must check this box:

Guildonly.jpg

So set a trade up, I will do 5 lumber for 5 dye for an example:

Offercreated.jpg

Now when someone accepts my offer, it will show that they would receive my 5 lumber for their 5 dye, and will not show a forge point cost

I used another player's trade to show what I mean.

Please note that to use the guild only feature you must stay within the trade ratio of 0.5 and 2, if not you will get this:

Invalidoffer.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________

Option #2 Forge Point Trading With Guild, and Neighbors.

This method also has the 0.5 to 2 ratio cap, and will cost one forge point for the other person to accept it if they are not in your guild, guild mates still get this trade forge point free.

This method also requires you to have a good to trade, lol.

Again, start by opening up the trade menu by clicking the trade button pointed out in option 1.

Click on the Create Offer tab as pointed out in option 1.

Here is of course where you set what you want, and what you offer.

On this option you should leave this box unchecked:

Guildonlyun.jpg
With this unchecked your guild can still see the trade, and your neighbors can as well.

Now to set up a trade, be sure to stay within the 0.5 to 2 ratio here as well.

Now when someone accepts this offer, it will show that they will receive the goods, and it will cost them 1 forge point to accept this trade if they are a neighbor, and nothing if they are a guild mate of yours.

Now I will point out the ways of using these two different trade systems. The guild only trade is for you to set certain trades up for your guild mates, with this the forge point cost is 0, and your neighbors can not see them. The open market system is so you can trade with your neighbors, but your guild mates can still take the trades as well, but if a neighbor accepts the trade, he will pay the 1 forge point, and a guild mate will not.

Thanks for reading this guys, and girls, and I hope I have made this as clear as possible for people to understand it.

I will add to it as things change throughout the growth of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Very welcome explanation, Herluth... hope this will answer a few questions!

DeletedUser

Yep. That's a nice piece of work. Take +1. Shame all the good guys have to suffer for the multi- accounting bad guys though. Just like real life eh ?

DeletedUser

Nice one. Such pretty screen caps!
The only prob I really have with the new trading thingy, is that players are perhaps unaware how it works and are just assuming that 1 FP is given up regardless of how they trade. The reason why I am thinking this is part of your post, explaining the best ways to use the systems.

The difference between the two trade systems, and how to best use them.

If you need to trade something like 10 cloth for 10 iron, this is within the trade ratio cap so use the guild only feature to save your friends the forge point. neighbors will see the trade, and perhaps take it as well.

The number of times I have seen trades like this from guild members but not for 'guild members only' drives me batty.
I don't understand why guild members would post a trade like this for all, unless they are completely unaware? Am I missing something?

Pol

DeletedUser

First of all, thanks for reading this.

I believe they are unaware, and perhaps linking this guide in your guild forum would help them to understand the best way to use the new system. I actually have people do the same thing in mine, and hopefully now they will know how to trade correctly.

DeletedUser1081

The number of times I have seen trades like this from guild members but not for 'guild members only' drives me batty. I don't understand why guild members would post a trade like this for all, unless they are completely unaware? Am I missing something?

a lot of them may indeed be unaware, which is why Herluth's hard work is so hugely helpful :cool: but there are also reasons a person (or mink) might create offers like that without checking the dratted box. here are a couple of examples:

1] i'm on good terms with many of my neighbours as well as my guild, so sometimes i like to make offers aimed at helping neighbours. i'm not into it enough to pay a forge point to accept neighbours' offers, but when i see what they can offer for goods i have, i often set up "mirror offers" for them so that they can accept mine if they want to.

2] i have a surplus of (for example) wine, and no one in my guild needs it. i don't want to price-gouge - i just want to pass the wine on to someone who can use it.

and thanks again, Herluth

DeletedUser

Now I understand Mink, thank you..
I seem to be in a very battle oriented neighbourhood, so it is very rare that I trade with those guys.
On the rare occasions that I do trade with them (usually surplus for something I really, really need that I can't get from guildies), I also set up mirror offers 'cos I ain't givin' up no forge point.

I dislike that dratted box as much as the next person (or mink:P) I would love to just be able to put the offer out there and if it is in the correct ratio and a guild member happens to take the trade, the system should be able recognize that and not charge said member the FP.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Thanks for the clear-up, Herluth! I actually didn't know you can go beyond the standard ratios without guild trading checked.

Guide should help everyone reading this.

DeletedUser

Great guide! Very helpful indeed, if only people would read it before setting all their trades ;)

DeletedUser5264

Hello to all.
I am a new (well fairly new) member of this wonderful world and would be greatful if you could tell me if there is a list that shows the value of trading goods in their order of value ie is silk worth more than iron.
How do I know if when trading, I am offering a good deal without making people think I am trying to rip them off?
Would be greatful for your help.
stuart63

DeletedUser1081

welcome to the forum, Stuart63.
when you look in your town hall or in the "create offer" section of your trading center, you'll notice that the goods are colour-coded in five groups. each of the groups contains goods from the same era, which cost the same amount of coins/supplies to produce. production costs double from era to era; and you read those lists from left to right: the stone group is the least costly, then the limestone group, then the copper group and so on.

a lot of traders are happy to do 1:1 trades across eras, though, so you don't always have to worry too much about the relative values.

enjoy the game

DeletedUser

I have updated this guide. I will have to redo some of the pictures here soon.

DeletedUser5441

Hello, i have question. I try to create trade, my 1pc of ebony to 10pcs of wine. But it will appear that "YOUR OFFER HAS AN INVALID RATIO OF GOODS"? Do i need to have forge points before i can create that kind of offer?

Please help me.....

Thanks!

DeletedUser4089

If you read through the guide again, you will see that there is a limit on the ratio. You can only create trades with a ratio between 0.5 and 2.
I hope this explains why you're receiving that message.

Also, when the message comes up, the game will show you the highest(or lowest) possible limits for what you're trying to trade, and ask you if you want to change your offer to that.

Thanks for playing Forge of Empires, enjoy the game. :)

DeletedUser5531

Just started playing this game and have a problem.
How do i check out the offers that are posted by other players.
The only offers i get on my trade window are those by Merchants and I am assuming that those are bots.
Could someone help me out plss

DeletedUser

sonu if you dont see trades from players then no one in your neigborhood or guild has made any.