• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[GUIDE] Happiness

DeletedUser

Hello, and welcome to my first FoE Tutorial. This thread will cover the topic of Happiness, an important factor in empire building.

At the top left hand corner of the screen, next to your avalible population module, you will find the happiness icon, indicated by a happy face/exthusastic face/angry face. This gives you a visual depiction of the current happiness of the empire. When happiness is high and abundant you will find that your production has increased 20% from your maximum production from your civilians. At any stage, extra production is great for maintaing a high military count and abundance in resources.

When happiness is low, on the other hand, it results in severe repercussions to your production often limiting it to half the maximum production (50%) to a growing empire, this is a devastating repercussion, it is encouraged that you remove it as soon as you have the resources availiable.

The Empire that you own requires as certain number of happiness that needs to be maintained before it goes angry, if your happiness rating is below the required happiness you will experience major repercussions. If you manage to keep it over the required happiness you will enjoy the fullness of your productivty, if you manage to get alot more happiness than is required you will recieve a 20% boost to your productivity which is amazing.

The more civilians that you have in your city, the more happiness they require to work for you. Lets say that you have 200 people living in your empire, you will need to have 200 happiness to account for your population. Remember, more population more happiness is required. The ratio for this is 1:1 the first figure indicating the civilian and the second figure indicating happiness (1 civilian to 1 happiness for all those not math-savvy people).

Low happiness can have devastating repercussions on the battlefield because soldiers refuse to fight for you because of the lack of happiness. For any warlord, this is discouraging.

Happiness can make or break an empire no matter how big or small an empire is. You need to keep your eye on the happiness meter or you might be facing some serious dilemmas. Thank you for reading my guide about happiness, I'll be posting more soon!

DeletedUser2239

I don't mean to be ungrateful but statements like this:

"if you manage to get a lot more happiness than is required you will receive a 20% boost to your productivity which is amazing" mean very little.

This is discovered within 5 minutes of playing the game. What might be useful is if you actually said WHAT percentage over the minimum gets you this 20% boost!

Less waffle, more facts please.

DeletedUser

I agree. This is what i was looking for but its basically a non-answer

DeletedUser

If you want to know how much happiness is needed to get the 120% bonus just take your population that you have, and times it by 1.4, and whatever the answer is, is what you need in happiness.