• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Building last donation identity

Bastious

Private
There are many items of interest posted in the News when you come on line telling you who did what at what time. There is one thing missing that I would like to see. The News tells you when one of your Great Buildings matures to the next level but it never tells you who matured it. If you did it yourself there is not a problem but if someone else did it without your knowledge this becomes a problem in the back of your mind that some player can get away with taking rewards away from you without repercussions. I would like to see in the News report that when one of your Great Buildings advances that it gives the players identity of who gave the last Forge Point.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
What makes you think some player would have taken rewards without repercussions? The donations to GB's are open to anyone and everyone publicly that are in your Friend, Guild, or Neighborhood lists. There is no private donations - everyone from those 3 areas have full and open access to your GB - which means they are not taking something from you - they are only getting what the game openly makes available to them, as well as anyone else on your 3 lists.
If you really do not like the fact that someone you do not know has donated (or levelled up) your GB - get over it. If it is that big of a deal to you - then keep track of anyone and everyone donating to your GB constantly - then you will know who 'matured' it, as you prefer to call it,

Knight of ICE

In order for an idea to be forwarded, it needs to be posted in a required format.
If it is not in the right format, nothing will be done with it.
Even when it is formatted, it can not be on the Do Not Suggest List.
Also it should not have been proposed before.

This is how you propose an idea

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/how-the-ideas-section-works.43102/

This is the Do Not Suggest List

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/do-not-suggest.37648/

And here you use the forum search function to see if your idea has not been proposed before

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?search/

Once you have followed all these instructions it all depends on how players will vote on your idea.
For it to be forwarded it needs a majority of 70% or more.

Hope this helps!

Bastious

Private
What makes you think some player would have taken rewards without repercussions? The donations to GB's are open to anyone and everyone publicly that are in your Friend, Guild, or Neighborhood lists. There is no private donations - everyone from those 3 areas have full and open access to your GB - which means they are not taking something from you - they are only getting what the game openly makes available to them, as well as anyone else on your 3 lists.
If you really do not like the fact that someone you do not know has donated (or levelled up) your GB - get over it. If it is that big of a deal to you - then keep track of anyone and everyone donating to your GB constantly - then you will know who 'matured' it, as you prefer to call it,
You are missing the point. When a GB matures you can gain double rewards every 24 hours. If someone matures your GB before that 24 hour cycle without your knowledge it resets the 24 hour cycle and the owner looses gaining a double reward at the time of your choosing. This is not a matter of who has contributed to the GB but rather if it is right for someone else to mature that GB that does not belong to them thereby keeping the extra rewards from the owner who has put the time and effort into raising the GB themselves.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
You are missing the point. When a GB matures you can gain double rewards every 24 hours. If someone matures your GB before that 24 hour cycle without your knowledge it resets the 24 hour cycle and the owner looses gaining a double reward at the time of your choosing. This is not a matter of who has contributed to the GB but rather if it is right for someone else to mature that GB that does not belong to them thereby keeping the extra rewards from the owner who has put the time and effort into raising the GB themselves.
There is no point being missed at all. It is not up to other players to 'ensure' you get a double collection or not. Sometimes, some players play-style is to specfically ensure they do not get a double collection (sure, call it being a bully, but whatever - it is still part of the game). It is 'right' for anyone to contribute to your GB if they want - as long as they are in one of the 3 lists of people who have access to it. It is your 'right' to reduce the odds that another player will do that. If you do something that another player deems to be rude or cruel, then it should certainly be within their right to counter back - which could easily include levelling up one of your GBs.

If you are truly worried about getting extra rewards by maturing your own GBs - then play in a style that reduces the risk of someone else doing it. Do not leave your GB open to sniping. Just because you feel that you do not want to do that, does not mean anyone else, or even the game itself, is in the wrong - it just means you are not willing to play within the framework of the game and the rules that are accepted by the vast majority of the player base.

Bastious

Private
And there in lies my complaint. How do I know who to find for my retaliation. If in my own realm I do not have a problem then it means that someone else is out there just causing havoc. Are you that one that wants to reap benefits just because you can? Or you just do it because the rules have not caught up to you. That to me sir or madam is the cruel thing. That is the reason for my post, to at least let us know WHO we should thank for this. Is that too much to ask? Oh by the way, what are these 3 lists you speak of?

Knight of ICE

Since this is more of a discussion than an idea I am moving this thread.

And there in lies my complaint. How do I know who to find for my retaliation. If in my own realm I do not have a problem then it means that someone else is out there just causing havoc. Are you that one that wants to reap benefits just because you can? Or you just do it because the rules have not caught up to you. That to me sir or madam is the cruel thing. That is the reason for my post, to at least let us know WHO we should thank for this. Is that too much to ask? Oh by the way, what are these 3 lists you speak of?
Players can choose to be "cruel" and "cause havoc" and "reap benefits" from other players, if that is how they want to play the game. You can't expect other players to play the game in a nice, friendly and fair way.
If you want to know who leveled your GB, it's up to you to keep track of the contributions. If you don't want other players to level your GB's, it's up to you to find ways to limit the risk.

Last edited:

Bastious

Private
That is not the point of this conversation with the public. That was a discussion between two people and that was taken out of context. My BEEF and if you want to call what I have to say anything other you are welcome to it, is that we get notified as to who sits down in our tavern and we can look at our GB's and see who is contributing and we can see who is aiding our buildings and we can also see who is contributing to the GE or who finished the last sector in the Guild Battleground, BUT, we cannot see who the last player that contributed the last Forge Point that matured our completely owned, Not someone elses GB, but our own GB, we can never know who. That is my question.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
That is not the point of this conversation with the public. That was a discussion between two people and that was taken out of context. My BEEF and if you want to call what I have to say anything other you are welcome to it, is that we get notified as to who sits down in our tavern and we can look at our GB's and see who is contributing and we can see who is aiding our buildings and we can also see who is contributing to the GE or who finished the last sector in the Guild Battleground, BUT, we cannot see who the last player that contributed the last Forge Point that matured our completely owned, Not someone elses GB, but our own GB, we can never know who. That is my question.
Again, just pay attention to your GB. We can never know who contributes the last FP to a GB? You may be one of the few whio can NEVER know who - most people know who does that - as they know then who to kick from friends lists or who to ask in a message why they did it (if they want to ask).

Last edited:

Bastious

Private
And since you know who that last player was let me and the rest of us know who that player was. Unless it is the perpetrator how am I supposed to know? All I ask is that when your Daily News is posted in front of your face and all the news of that day is shown to you that the last player who advanced your owned Great Building is shown. It is a matter of transparency.

Bastious

Private
Why do ypu copitulate that we can never know. That is why we are having this conversation. I and others want to know. Why is that a barrier to letting players know who is involved?

Emberguard

Legend
And since you know who that last player was let me and the rest of us know who that player was.

If you have two players post the same amount, then you know who leveled: When there's multiple players on the same amount then the game orders it in order of who placed the Forge Points first.

If you're using a system such as 1.9 for example, then it's quite easy to see who levelled it just by who wasn't putting in the correct amount (also because you've got a paper trail in the threads of who was going to place what amount). If you're doing swap threads then again, it's fairly easy through process of elimination to know who did it based on the amounts placed.

Bastious

Private
Why is there such pushback on knowing who leveled your GB? You all give me your own reasons for not allowing the game to let us know, but no one person has given me a reason why it does not benefit all other players. It seems like the "special cheats" want to keep status quo. I just want a fair playing field without getting third party apps or cheats from special sites.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Reason is - this is just a game. Reason is - enough of Big Brother sticking their nose into peoples everyday real life. Reason is - grow up and take some responsibility for your own self, instead of expecting that everything should be handed to you. Reason is - ...

Emberguard

Legend
I would have no issue with it being displayed on the last level completed. Quite frankly though, there's very little need for such a feature. If you're worried about the "double dip" chances are you're also organizing who's contributing to maximize your returns. In which case you already have the info by just talking to those you're working with and checking if there's any third-party contributions made