• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Building Contributor Rewards

DeletedUser

If i build a great building and i'm the #1 contributor to it, do i still get rewards for being the #1 contributor? And if so, when/how do i claim the rewards?

Cheers :)

DeletedUser

You will get your rewards automatically when they're due.

However, please note that it is extremely common and (reluctantly) accepted practice that neighbours wait for the very last moment before contributor-rewards are handed out, to donate a bulk of points (with the help of saved up Forgepoint packages) and kick you from your reward spot.

Even though it may be immoral, there is nothing the FoE staff can do about this as it's legal.
It is part of the game mechanics and human nature abusing it.

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood your post!
Owners do not get a contributor reward for their own buildings.
Having the building and your neighbours/guildies leveling it up for you is the reward. ;)

- L

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

However, please note that it is extremely common and (reluctantly) accepted practice that neighbours wait for the very last moment before contributor-rewards are handed out, to donate a bulk of points (with the help of saved up Forgepoint packages) and kick you from your reward spot.

Even though it may be immoral, there is nothing the FoE staff can do about this as it's legal.

- L

Althoguh I believe Coastis means if he puts points on his own building, in which case I don't think he gets a reward? Might be wrong about it though, don't have one to test this on :P

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser7137

Owner of a GB can get the reward for being a top contributor for their own GB? I thought they don't get any rewards for contributing to their own GB?

DeletedUser

Althoguh I believe Coastis means if he puts points on his own building, in which case I don't think he gets a reward? Might be wrong about it though, don't have one to test this on :P

Ah, no owners do not get a contributor reward for their own buildings.
Having the building and your neighbours/guildies leveling it up for you is the reward. ;)

Sorry I misunderstood.

- L

DeletedUser

Thank you all for clearing that up for me, i thought i was missing out on something :p

Cheers :)

DeletedUser

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood your post!
Owners do not get a contributor reward for their own buildings.

- L

Lodroth, I'm going to disagree with your interpretation of what is going on here. This is a game. In any game, especially multiplayer online games like this, understanding the game mechanics and working out clever ways to use them to advantage is all part of the fun. Surely the use of forge points in the way described it is just another form of PvP which adds an element of fun and competition to the game. If people use forgepoints SKILLFULLY they get more points. Who decided players have to use their forgepoints in a boring way and queue up like good little soldiers for their reward?

As I have said before in other posts, it must be a very interesting experience for game designers to see their carefully thought out features used by a clever player base in ways they never imagined during the development process. Collectively the player base is probably cleverer, more devious more ingenious than the development team.

Of course I do not condone players who push things too far and use cheats, exploits, trainers and the like. Nor do I have any patience for players whose objective is to "grief" other players just in order to spoil their game experience.

DeletedUser

hello Lodroth

I want to ask you, I think I have some problems with donating in great building. two times in a row I was first donator with forge points, but I was recieved only 2 of 3 blueprints for reward, not to mention that blueprints I recieved is alredy in my inventory.

Greetings and Merry Christmas,
raperce

p.s. sorry for my english :)

DeletedUser

Hey raperce,

Please submit an in-game ticket so we can release our tools on your issue. :)
Right-click anywhere in your town, select Support and go from there.

Please be specific in who you were helping, which Great Building you were contributing to and what level it was becoming (ie: 4 -> 5).
Additional note: Replying here will not help, we really need you to make an in-game ticket.

Merry Christmas :)

- L

Last edited by a moderator: