• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Building Contest please make it fair

DeletedUser14349

I find it a grat idea to let us us suggest a great building and making a contest out of it. Like many other people, I made this morning a suggestion for the great building contest. the rules say not to repeat previous suggestions and only one entry per person. but at the time I and many other people posted our suggestions, no one was able to to see what other people posted. so we all couldn`t know if our suggestion counts as repeat and is therefore invalid. Now the replies are all visible but we are not allowed to edit our post or to suggest another building. I think someone made a mistake with this thread in the morning and I think to be fair to those who posted before the replies became visible, all those entries must be valid too even if the suggestion has already ben made before. we had no way of of checking no one else has already suggested that building

DeletedUser2511

''...at the time I and many other people posted our suggestions, no one was able to to see what other people posted. so we all couldn`t know if our counts as repeat and is therefore invalid...''

:cool:Only the first entry for a suggested structure will be valid!
All suggestion's, after first entry and inclued during the issue period, should be deleted, in order to give a players a second chance!
:rolleyes:
That's what I think in it!?

DeletedUser276

I think to be fair to those who posted before the replies became visible, all those entries must be valid too even if the suggestion has already ben made before. we had no way of of checking no one else has already suggested that building

The winner gets big notifications in the gb so your saying that everyone that posted prior to it becoming visible should all have their names there? That is a bit much.

This contest is going across all servers not just here. So we should do the same for them? no sorry. first come first server. Those with more than 1 entry are void and those with duplicates are void as well. Its the only way to keep the comp fair.

As for them not being visible or not... that shouldnt matter as they got their entries in first for the ones still there.

DeletedUser3707

The contest idea seems really bad for such "great" prizes. Some buildings are just a given (Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty). What should have been done was give a list of Buildings and the community votes on them.

DeletedUser

As for them not being visible or not... that shouldnt matter as they got their entries in first for the ones still there.

Well of course it matters, if we had been able to see the other entries we could have found a different building that hadn't been suggested yet, instead of wasting our entry on a common one that had been suggested 20 times. It's silly to hide the replies, now there's 40 pages of people suggesting the same 5 buildings lol

DeletedUser14349

yes that`s exactly what I think Blacksmith and I don`t think it`s too much asked to give those people the same chance like all others.

It`s exactly like King Mike said. Now that the entries are visible, people who post their suggestion now have a clear advantage. they can check what suggestions have been made before. This is the way the competition was intended to work. my suggestion is invalid because someone made it before me but I had no way of knowing that someone else has already posted it. I thought I was the first to reply on that thread because I was not able to see any posts. If I had seen that it had been posted a few times already (by all those others who were also not able to see it) I`d have suggested another building which was not already suggested. that would have been an easy thing given the fact that at this time there were not many entries. the rules say to MAKE SURE our suggestion has not already been suggested by someone else or our entry will not count. How on earth were we supposed to do that? I think there has been a mistake with this thread. Or were the replies supposed to be invisible for a few hours and now everybody else can see them and think of a building which has not been mentioned yet? This is not fair at all. Instead of admitting that there has been a mistake with the entries not being visible, you just want to tell me what is fair and what not? not sure who teached you the meaning of "fair" but you seem to have missed some crucial lessons Blacksmith

Fair would be when all entried people made before the replies becaome visible would count as entry. I don`t say everybody has to get a price if they got the right building but at least the entries should not become invalid. I think it would be possible to do that somehow.

DeletedUser

Mike is King with that reply. +1

The prize is fantastic. It seems to me that will tick off more people because they all want to win it but the way the contest was implemented they now have no chance? Why? Because they did not see who had posted before them so could not know that they had broken a rule and their entry was thus invalidated.

DeletedUser7719

Am I allowed in this competition? I have learned patience since that last one BS
lol, it doesn't even matter, some other person put my idea

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The winner gets big notifications in the gb so your saying that everyone that posted prior to it becoming visible should all have their names there? That is a bit much.

This contest is going across all servers not just here. So we should do the same for them? no sorry. first come first server. Those with more than 1 entry are void and those with duplicates are void as well. Its the only way to keep the comp fair.

Thank you very much for clearing that up.