• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Goods Production - A bit of a puzzle?

DeletedUser

I am a little puzzled and I hope that someone can explain what I am missing?

I am a low level player, fairly new to the game so my apologies if the answer is obvious, but I couldn't find it in the forum anywhere hence having to ask.

I am still in the Iron Age and using the PvP, I decided to use the Plunder option as the player didn't seem to be very active and goods were begging to be collected. I therefore plundered the Dye farm and was very surprised to get 30 Dye goods for my effort. At my level I still have Dye Works - actually two of them as they are very slow to produce anything. My 'Happiness' stands at 'Enthusiastic' and yet I can only produce 8 Dye's if I select the maximum of 2 days production.

So hopefully you will see immediately where my confusion comes from - how is is possible for a Dye Farm to produce 30 in 24hrs? I know it is 24hrs, or slightly over, as I plundered the same player yesterday.

I await your views for enlightenment :p

DeletedUser7137

Goods deposits. That's what you don't have. In the continent map, there are provinces that give out certain type of good deposits when you conquered them. If you have them, the production will be 5x the normal production without the goods deposit. So, that means if you have a deposit for Lumber, you can produce 5 Lumber in 4 hours.
p/s There are threads discussing this in the forum (I'm too lazy to search for the link for you). Maybe someone will come and give you the link after this.

DeletedUser

That's fine, thank you Erosennim for your fast response. I only searched through Plunder and Goods production and wasn't, until now, aware of the Goods Deposits - that's newbies for you! :D

Thanks for the explanation - this thread can now be closed.

DeletedUser

Hey Unkown, welcome to the Forums. :)

That is because the person you plundered has a Flower deposit on the Continent Map, which boosts Dye production.
The deposits on the Continent Map give you a 400% increased production rate for the goods building it boosts.

Goods Deposits are randomly generated in the following provinces:
* Tier 1 from Dunarsund and Hymir.
Flower increases Dye, Rock increases Stone, Marble Rock increases Marble, Tree increases Lumber, Grapes increases Wine

* Tier 2 from Paruuch and East-Nagach.
Ebony Tree increases Ebony, Iron Ore increases Iron, Limestone Rock increases Limestone, Gemstone increases Jewellery, Wool increases Cloth

* Tier 3 from Dunkelwald and Sturmhohen.
Granite Rock increases Granite, Raw Alabaster increases Alabaster, Honeycomb increases Honey, Copper Ore increases Copper, Gold Nugget increases Gold

* Tier 4 from Breturia and Mons Suiry.
Clay increases Brick, Hemp increases Rope, Unrefined Salt increases Salt, Herbs increases Dried Herbs, Quartz increases Glass

* Tier 5 from Eldenborough and Wolvhampton.
Zinc Ore increases Brass, Soapstone increases Talc Powder, Basalt Rock increases Basalt, Sulphur Blocks increases Gunpowder, Cocoons increases Silk

You can only have 2 deposits out of 5 from each Age. What you get is random.
If you need goods you don't have a deposit for, you should trade with your guild and/or neighbourhood.

In my opinion producing goods you don't have raw materials for, is a waste of town space, population and most of all, time.
For the same amount of time and resources you are producing with 400% inefficiency.

Hope that answers your question. :)

PS: I've explained this a few times, actually. Try using good+deposit in the search. ;)

- L