• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Goodbye thread(sort of)

DeletedUser3157

I've quit playing this game competitively, as it got too time-consuming with balanced GBs and the new GvG feature, for me to maintain the level of gameplay I'd find accepteble.

I think I might linger around producing some goods and FPs for guild etc, but I doubt that would keep me interested for too long. I will perhaps occasionally check these forums out, like I do with many of my past games, but no more of me being an active contributor in this place. Was fun times, best of luck guys.

Mihkel Hint

This is a small collection of screenshots and information regarding what I leave behind I made for nostalgic reasons
Main town location: EN5(East-Nagash)

Resources: 99M coins, 470M supplies, 105k medals and 1047 diamonds.

Special and premium buildings: 12 rogue hideouts, 3 kings(PE), 3 confectionaries(PE), 1 large confectionary(PE), 5 zeppelins, 2 film studios.

Great buildings: Zeus, Lighthouse, Aachen, St. Marks, Castel del Monte, Frauen of Dresden, Royal Albert Hall, Alcatarz, Chateau. All lvl10.

Current maximum size town(100 expanions), contains all avalible research, map, medal and diamond expansions.

One of the best hoods in this entire game, last week ME winner did 11.3M just from hood.

Towns current state:
x_EN5up.jpg

x_EN5down.jpg
Points and battlecount: 8M and 30.1k
en5rank.png
Enough BPs to build any GB:
EN5_GBs1.jpg

en5_GBs2.png

EN5_GBs3.jpg
Many duplicate BPs, which are promised to have future use in this game. Example:
en5deal.png
Some goods still left after buring thousands in GvG:
en5goods1.png
en5goods2.png
en5goods3_ME.jpg
Inventory contains plenty of stuff like special rewards and also some watchfires from last year easter event and stocked FPs:
en5inventory1.png

en5inventory2.png

EN5inventory3.jpg
I've kept my FP cost pretty low in case of an emergency/unexpected:
en5fpcost.png

Also 7 supportive towns in other 7 worlds, all in Modern Era. They are about 500k poins on average, all of them have Lighthouse, St Marks and RAH and 5 of them have also Chateau. Most of them have couple of special stuff like hideouts etc also. Some of them have Zeus or few other random GBs I accidently completed. They are low battlecount casual towns maintained only to create diamonds I could use in the East-Nagash town, so they have zero diamond expansions, lowish medals, but good amount of goods, coins, supplies etc.

DeletedUser13805

i was tempted to reply with a post you made to some other poor player who also posted up he was leaving, can you remember what it was you posted to them ?
it was goodbye and enjoy the rest of your day !!!

but i will not post that kind of remark as i understand were your coming from same as we all do hint, we all want to quit and run away as its gone pants but if i was you i would take a break and come back if you feel that strongly

DeletedUser3157

can you remember what it was you posted to them ?
it was goodbye and enjoy the rest of your day !!!

Yes, I'm a heartless monster, wishing people goodbye and joyful day. Sometimes I can't just help myself and comments like that slip out : (

DeletedUser65

Its certainly worth hanging around for a few weeks hint. At least until 1.21 is announced and we see exactly how well Inno is listening to our concerns if at all....

DeletedUser

Its certainly worth hanging around for a few weeks hint. At least until 1.21 is announced and we see exactly how well Inno is listening to our concerns if at all....

If you check the beta forums, you'll notice that some of the current problems on the actual servers have been highlighted months earlier. Despite these highlights and problems, the game was released in the current form. I don't see how waiting till the next patch will change much.

DeletedUser14587

good luck mate

i did stopped fighting since the first announcement because u can see ahead how things will be cause of work and life i cant be online as before with every update make the game more time consuming i think alot will be thinking the same

i am #9 in Greifental and 4,2 M and 21,5 k fights i didn't make those nice screenshots lol but there is always something hidden under those roof tops

again good luck and see u around

DeletedUser65

If you check the beta forums, you'll notice that some of the current problems on the actual servers have been highlighted months earlier. Despite these highlights and problems, the game was released in the current version. I don't see how waiting till the next patch will change much.

iv seen them as i also play there, however since it was prematurely pushed on here it has certainly received allot more negative response's. Hopefully enough to make Inno stand up and take notice. only time will tell i guess.

DeletedUser13805

Yes, I'm a heartless monster, wishing people goodbye and joyful day. Sometimes I can't just help myself and comments like that slip out : (

wll like i said if you feel that strongly over it just take a break and who knows it might all change back again i know thats what most us are all hoping for.

change is hard, change is inevitable, changes for better or worse we have to accept, if there is nothing we can do about it to change it then accepting it makes it a less bitter pill to take
besides if you go away it will make my job a bit easyier ; )

DeletedUser101150

If you check the beta forums, you'll notice that some of the current problems on the actual servers have been highlighted months earlier. Despite these highlights and problems, the game was released in the current form. I don't see how waiting till the next patch will change much.

Please do not discuss the beta server here, it is a violation of forum rules.
Thank You

DeletedUser3157

wll like i said if you feel that strongly over it just take a break and who knows it might all change back again i know thats what most us are all hoping for.

change is hard, change is inevitable, changes for better or worse we have to accept, if there is nothing we can do about it to change it then accepting it makes it a less bitter pill to take
besides if you go away it will make my job a bit easyier ; )

I don't think I have any problem adapting to changes, as I think I've proven plenty of times. I do have real life and time limitations though. I don't like playing games inefficiently and I don't have the time play this game efficiently now with the changes. I play games mostly for 3 reasons: either to win/compete, be awesome, or both. I also have some gear limitations which make this current gameplay required for competative gameplay very unenjoyeble for me, and I currently don't intend to buy a new computer just for this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I quit this game a long time ago, back in July 2012. I was utterly frustrated with the terrible state of the game, and expressed myself again and again on the issue. Game crashed nonstop, you had to collect each house and supply building individually, the clickboxes were tiny, the trading system was terrible (only could trade with neighbors, and those never changed). I had started in May, gave it two months, then gave up because the game was so miserable to play.

However, I did return when the game became reasonably playable; although it took the game six months after I quit for it to become playable at last. I am glad that I left the game for that time; it simply wasn't fun. I think Forge of Empires has returned to that state, where it's simply not enjoyable to play any more. I hope they are able to compensate for what they've done, because otherwise I foresee many others, including me, leaving, if things don't improve.

DeletedUser13082

Very good thread hint and very sorry to see you go. Thanks for all the help over the time, have learnt a lot about this game from you mate. I'll keep Titans intact for the time I remain but sadly I think I'll be following in your footsteps very soon.

Keep in touch mate and if you find another game be sure to let me know and we can dominate it together again ;). Best of luck in the future :)

DeletedUser7719

Hate to see you go hint, but I totally understand why. You definitely had one of the brightest minds in this game, AND you were mainly available to talk with whenever someone wanted to. Good luck!
Btw, I always wondered which person stole the username "hint" from you in-game :p

Surge

Brigadier-General
This is quite sad news indeed. Sad to see you leave the community you've helped and even supported for a great length of time, certainly one of the most prominent forum-goers and contributors. I was also planning to leave soon but I want to see just how bad people claim the GvG update is. Besides, I need to update my guide (even though few people genuinely read the entire thing).

Maybe some good Samaritan can compile a list of best hint posts? You put a pretty good amount of information down in your posts, quite like mini-guides I suppose...

DeletedUser

Like the others, I hate to see you leave the forums, hint.

Also like you, I've decided to quit the game as well. The "we're removing the GB level cap.... one day..... and are giving you one 'free' level..... one day...." to make up for the 70% reduction in PVP GB bonus is my main gripe.

After reading your post and the others here, it makes sense to just do as Farmerlynch did - disconnect roads, say goodbye to guildies and in-game friends, and check back periodically to see if the situation has been rectified.

Thank you again for all of your contributions to the community and good luck in your future gaming endeavors!

DeletedUser13805

hang on a min hint hasn't actually gone anywhere, like so many who have said there going there still here ??? so i dont see the point in this thread at all ? if your going hint then goodbye sorry to see you go, but you keep coming back posting up messages so i am confused.

DeletedUser7719

Note the title of the post says "(sort of)", he says he's only quitting the game competitively. He also mentioned he's chacking the forums occasionally (which looks like every new announcement maybe?)

DeletedUser13805

so he tells us all he is going, but he isn't really going ? but hanging around like we all are, oh i see !!!!!!!!!!! now its clear :confused:

DeletedUser

The best FoE strategist of all time.
Even though its a great loss for this community, enjoy your time and relax away from FoE. You've earned it.