• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Give buildings ‘skins’ with slight variations

DeletedUser110679

Proposal:
Give buildings ‘skins’ with slight variations, so they look a bit different when placed together.

Reason:
The reason is strictly aesthetic. The city would look much nicer and organic if you would have, for instance, group of houses but each house looks slightly different but in overall, they still look the same.

Usually you have your houses grouped together, production buildings grouped together, stuff from Guild Expeditions is grouped together, mainly because of the space management, so, variations in designs of these buildings would give your city a much nicer look.

Details:
Examples: House with broken roof, a bit worn out walls… Guild expedition buildings could have some vegetations on them, some of them would be a bit broken and so on…

Basically just slight variations of the same skin.

Visual Aids:
None

Balance:
None

Abuse Prevention:
None

Summary:
The same buildings would each look a bit different.

DeletedUser5668

+1 I totally agree with Kroneus on this one. It is a bit dull when you look at a row of 12 tribal squares all looking the same. As he pointed out not much is needed here, simply details.

Galladhorn

Monarch

Well for your information a lot of players actually signed up in the belief that FoE was a city player mainly, we are talking back when it started and +1 - 2 years after. It´s not so anymore also due to among other things the Ad Campains running around and a lot more information available.
So
me players do in fact like and try to make their cities look good and that is a challenge if the city also have to be efficient as well.

Agent327

Overlord
Well for your information a lot of players actually signed up in the belief that FoE was a city player mainly, we are talking back when it started and +1 - 2 years after. It´s not so anymore also due to among other things the Ad Campains running around and a lot more information available.
So
me players do in fact like and try to make their cities look good and that is a challenge if the city also have to be efficient as well.

So if I do not make the effort to see what a game really is about?