• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Getting Attacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Ok, I noticed its really easy for new players to get attacked. I honestly think there needs to be a protection shield for at least a week. If its this easy for other players to attack new players, then its going to be real hard for new players to do anything, let alone work up enough resources and stuff to enjoy the game. Now, I don't know if this thread is supposed to go here, but I really need to get this across. Its not fair and its not fun, even though this is just a beta I honestly think a protection shield is needed.

DeletedUser

A couple of things to note nemesis some people who attack dont plunder at all they just do it for battle points. Others only plunder those who plunder them. There was a bug that says you were plundered even when the person didnt take anything.

When you start it should be in a new neighborhood of people that are not much stronger then you so not allowing attacks for a week could let those who have been there longer a chance to move up in the tourneys getting the medals needed for expanasions

DeletedUser

I think this could be enabled as it is in many games. A week or two is no big thing, and it would be cancelled if the player attacks anyone else.

DeletedUser4089

I don't think this is needed, forging an empire isn't meant to be easy.

Also, I've not even been playing 3 full days and I have an army capable of successfully defending most attacks.

DeletedUser

Perhaps the compromise would be plunder protection. Being attacked is of no real consequence whereas being plundered might be.

DeletedUser276

Plundered isnt bad. Each player can only plunder you once and only if your resources are done in the buildings and production and you havent picked them up. At low levels with them replacing every 5 minutes if you get plundered... oops your out 5 minutes on a single building and you should have many more buildings pumping stuff out. you click it to start production and it costs 0 to restart it.

I dont see the problem.

DeletedUser

I agree that it isn't a problem; I was only attacked twice in the first 24 hours of play and didn't even notice what I had lost. However, if other people do see a problem I would prefer attacks to still allowed.

DeletedUser

Adds a bit of spice to the game when being attacked and trying to make a better army than the one who attacked you

DeletedUser

There should be a period of time of neutrality like in travian or other games for players to get to know the game and build some defence.

This being said by a guy who plunders everybody in his neighbourhood and to whom such an idea would decrease his profits.

I don't think this is a problem. When I was first attacked and plundered I was a bit annoyed, but it focuses you on what you need to do. If you keep track of the attackers one day you can pay them back - big time!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree that attacking newer players generally isn't too detrimental to them, since you can only attack once a day, and most of their buildings are producing small amounts pretty regularly. This game really cannot be compared to Travian in terms of needing beginners protection, since that game is far less forgiving in terms of being attacked/plundered - it doesn't take much effort for a larger player to render a smaller player completely ineffective or even essentially eliminate them from the game (they cannot totally destroy a player out of existence, but can hit them so regularly that they are completely unable to build, produce, or train troops). I think the biggest downside for new players getting attacked and plundered really is the "morale" loss - getting discouraged that more powerful players are taking their resources and there is little they can do about it.

DeletedUser1081

i think a few days of "beginners' protection" would be good just to let people get their villages off the ground without feeling like they're having the stuffing kicked out of them by stronger players.

when i started the game i was placed in a neighbourhood where everyone was on the same newcomer level, and everyone had big continental battles to occupy themselves with instead of concentrating all their military energy on neighbours. and since i started on Brisgard, even multiple-world players didn't have that much more experience than i did. now i think a lot of new players may be experiencing something very different from that, and i can imagine feeling thoroughly overwhelmed by advanced neighbours who have already conquered the continent (or are close to it) and haven't got much to do other than collecting goods and attacking neighbours. i can see that that could feel quite un-fun for the newer players.

DeletedUser

Initially new players may not have been subject to constant harassment. However when I started on Denuiga (or whatever) some 70 of the 80 people in my neighborhood quit after the first 2 days. Now whether that was due to farming or not I cannot say. But if you are new to the game and after you come back on day one only to find all 10 of your buildings have been farmed while you were away, you might just say... "enough of this! If this is my day 1 experience I can only imagine it will get worse from here." A 90% attrition rate is indicative of 1 or more MAJOR issues with the game. Whatever the reasons might be.

I personally don't see a downside to a protection period. During tutorial windows could be used to explain what is going to happen in the near future for the player.

DeletedUser

I don't know about other groups, but I have only been attacked four times since starting (Saturday) and only the first two were followed by plundering. I can only assume that most people have realised that Motivating active players (you soon get to know who is active and inactive) is better than attacking as the Motivation is returned.

Now for the maths. If you cosider the Hunter Production Building; you can make as much in an hour using the 5 minute rate as you can using the 8 Hour rate. If you are keeping an eye on production (whilst reading the Guides on the forum, perhaps) it will be most unlikely that anyone will be able to plunder anything and if they do it will only be one twelfth of what they could get if you used the 8 Hour rate and returned late.

Status
Not open for further replies.