• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

General conversation

DeletedUser117870

That does sound like fun. :D What reaction does this get from the racetrack staff employees? :D

They love us there. The staff and management are always smiling and joking with us. It's just like the old mom and pop stores, only the 'family' is much larger lol

DeletedUser117870

I have a master plan
Well... if you do it long enough, it will get you an FP an hour... :D But there are other ways to get more... :D

I have gotten a few from incidents, battles and of course the slow hourly eye batting :)
Shrine of Knowledge can help a bit.
I'm sure there are others that I've yet to see!

Ati2

Legend
I have a master plan

I have gotten a few from incidents, battles and of course the slow hourly eye batting :)
Shrine of Knowledge can help a bit.
I'm sure there are others that I've yet to see!

Oh, yes, many more. Some you will like, some you won't; it all depends on what your playing style in the game will eventually be.

DeletedUser117870

Oh, yes, many more. Some you will like, some you won't; it all depends on what your playing style in the game will eventually be.

I like that phrase, eventually be. I was just thinking this morning that how I proceed now needs to be kept easily changeable to meet changing fields in the game.

Ati2

Legend
I like that phrase, eventually be. I was just thinking this morning that how I proceed now needs to be kept easily changeable to meet changing fields in the game.
You'll have to do thing according to what your city is capable of at the moment, and you have to plan your city so it does what you want it to do. Both of these.

There's GE, for example. I've changed the way I do it many, many times. :) First I wanted to fight my way through. Since that didn't work, I wanted to do it with negotiations. But where do I get all those goods from? Then that got solved. But negotiating takes a lot of time, so as much as I like it, I'd rather go with a big army. So how do I do that?

All of these can be done, everything depends on what it is you want to do, and then choosing a path along that way.

I'm cryptic on purpose, I don't want to give any spoilers. :)

DeletedUser117870

You'll have to do thing according to what your city is capable of at the moment, and you have to plan your city so it does what you want it to do. Both of these.

There's GE, for example. I've changed the way I do it many, many times. :) First I wanted to fight my way through. Since that didn't work, I wanted to do it with negotiations. But where do I get all those goods from? Then that got solved. But negotiating takes a lot of time, so as much as I like it, I'd rather go with a big army. So how do I do that?

All of these can be done, everything depends on what it is you want to do, and then choosing a path along that way.

I'm cryptic on purpose, I don't want to give any spoilers. :)

Specifics would take away some of the fun :)
I have played strategy games before. I believe this is the first time I kept a journal of my thoughts along the way.

Ati2

Legend
Specifics would take away some of the fun :)
I have played strategy games before. I believe this is the first time I kept a journal of my thoughts along the way.

If you do want specifics, there are a lot of guides for FoE both here on the forum, and out there on the big Internet. Reading the guides doesn't even take the fun away because multiple guides contradict each other, so you still have to find your own way, and figure out what works for you.

DeletedUser117870

If you do want specifics, there are a lot of guides for FoE both here on the forum, and out there on the big Internet. Reading the guides doesn't even take the fun away because multiple guides contradict each other, so you still have to find your own way, and figure out what works for you.

Adapt as I go. Look ahead but not too far and look behind but don't get lost there. Sometimes to find the right path means backtracking and taking the branch untried. Other times finding the right path means leaving some untried because the way forward is so clear.
Experience is the greatest teacher I've ever had. It's regrettable in some ways that I didn't have forty years ago when I needed it most LOL

Deleted member 109369

Adapt as I go. Look ahead but not too far and look behind but don't get lost there. Sometimes to find the right path means backtracking and taking the branch untried. Other times finding the right path means leaving some untried because the way forward is so clear.
Experience is the greatest teacher I've ever had. It's regrettable in some ways that I didn't have forty years ago when I needed it most LOL

I've always said if I knew then what I know now lol. Your playing style will evolve and change over time as you progress. Mine has several times. What maks sense in the earlier ages, might not be applicable as you grow and change your city and plans :) Your journal is great for that, you'll be able to look back as well and see how your game has evolved and changed :)