• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB's - The ability to turn attacking bonus off and on

DeletedUser

Proposal: The ability to turn off and on the attacking bonus of offensive military GB's

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Yes
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? No

Reason: Looking ahead to future ages I have appreciated having to battle my way through the maps. With the advent of offensive GB's, unless there is a massive gap between units of the CA and next age I can only imagine the task of working your way through the map will become quite easy. Which in my view will diminish the battle part of the game.

Details: When clicking on your GB (statue of zeus, cathedral of aachedan, castel del monte) there is a box the player can either have ticked or not ticked indicating whether they would like the attacking benefits to be applied. I decide to attack my neighbours for PvP points, I turn it on, I want to battle unaided through the map, I turn it off.

Visual Aids: None

Balance: This will add balance for the players that want it when it comes to map battling.

Abuse Prevention: Cant be abused

Summary: This would help to keep the map battles interesting and challenging. I only have 1 offensive GB and the benefits are large enough, to have the combined effects of all 3 I imagine the next map will be trivial. This would at least give the individual the choice on whether they want it easy or hard. But who knows maybe the next age units will be so powerful you will need an offensive GB to get through it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4800

I just think the whole idea of how GB wasn't really thought out by the developers. They are very imbalanced, favor diamond players way too much and the attack ones are way overpowering, especially since they stack.

DeletedUser

If a nutter were to count, i have the feeling that imbalanced, diamond player, overpower, game will fail appear at least once in all your 199 posts
I bet you that your post 200-204 will include them at least once even if you try not to. :)

I also guess that if you saw someone in the street wearing a T-Shirt with the words Gambrel roof house, FoE developer or I , you will jump on the person and pull his teeth out

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1 from me.

Not only would I value the challenge of beating the map but I would also like to compete against players without GBs on an even-footing (turning my GBs off - just to satisfy those diamond haters I'll add the note that: I have two attack boost GBs unlocked without spending diamonds) whilst being able to compete with players with GBs using my own hard-earned GBs.

DeletedUser

you can just disconnect the Great Building from the road to lose the bonus in the mean time :)

DeletedUser3723

Lord Vortican agrees. A great many problem can be solved by simply filling the road leading to the structure in question. Of course, Lord Vortican would never do this!

DeletedUser

Hadn't thought of disconnecting the roads. Although for the player who has unlocked all their expansions I wonder how easy it would be to disconnect large GB's without disrupting the rest of the city. Easier with a on/off box.