• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Idea: GBG Ranking Bug

Hello everyone,

The current GBG ranking (or temp ranking) should actually take guild with WON championship(s) into consideration rather than the current VP . I would like to raise an Enhancement Request (CR) to the engineering team to fix this issue.

The use case:
Guild that didn't win any championship are ranked higher in Guilds Global Ranking simply because they have more current VP. The VP can be accumulated easily if they have a round of lousy and lazy opponents. Basically, they just sit there doing nothing, not spending diamonds, not spending goods and precious time and effort to re-take sectors!

Compare to an active round of opponents that keep rotating sectors... thus spending more diamonds and goods.

So, the current guild ranking is wrong. It does not make any sense to rank a guild higher simply because they have a round of lousy opponents that didn't take sectors and they can accumulate VP without doing anything.

Please explain to me if my use case above is wrong. Kindly provide an estimate when this can be implemented in Beta and ultimately production servers.

Spartans Raptor
Parkog

p/s: You do want guilds to spend more diamonds and goods right?

harold mouse

Corporal
Certainly the current system is wrong. It is as though they put no thought into it at all, or maybe they thought their programmers too inept to code a weighted sum of all those elements which might reasonably be put into a ranking. Of course it equally did not make sense to rank a guild with three wins in platinum league above guilds with two wins in diamond, or guilds with two wins in low diamond above guilds with two wins in 1000LP league. I am quite sure Inno can do better than this, but please will they think about what they are doing.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Hello everyone,

The current GBG ranking (or temp ranking) should actually take guild with WON championship(s) into consideration rather than the current VP . I would like to raise an Enhancement Request (CR) to the engineering team to fix this issue.

The use case:
Guild that didn't win any championship are ranked higher in Guilds Global Ranking simply because they have more current VP. The VP can be accumulated easily if they have a round of lousy and lazy opponents. Basically, they just sit there doing nothing, not spending diamonds, not spending goods and precious time and effort to re-take sectors!

Compare to an active round of opponents that keep rotating sectors... thus spending more diamonds and goods.

So, the current guild ranking is wrong. It does not make any sense to rank a guild higher simply because they have a round of lousy opponents that didn't take sectors and they can accumulate VP without doing anything.

Please explain to me if my use case above is wrong. Kindly provide an estimate when this can be implemented in Beta and ultimately production servers.

Spartans Raptor
Parkog

p/s: You do want guilds to spend more diamonds and goods right?
The ranking is artificial and simply a side effect of the actual matchmaking system in place. We all know on P-server who's number one but of course the actual ranking system doesn't reflect it all the time. I think it isn't a bad compromise as this ranking system avoids us to face the same guilds all the time. It's a bit sloppy but it does bring a lot of variation in match ups season after season.

And if you think you have it bad with Musk, imagine me yo-yoing between high gold, where I actually belong, up to mid plat where I do not belong at all. Facing honeybadgers, traders of P and at least 1 high plat guild as a gold ain't that great, but that's how it is.