• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG ignore flag -- please improve it

McLaren 720S

Private
As a lot of guilds use the ignore flag as a pin-type mechanism, can Inno please make it better by using it to stop any guild members from adding points (from fights or negotiations) to that sector? This would reduce a lot of guild leaders' frustration with accidental pin-pulling by confused people, drunkards, don't-obey-road-signs, covidiots and rogue players!!

It would be really easy to implement. Just a small programming change. Or add a new stop flag if you must.

Just my 0.02 cents.

MC

r21r

Major-General
Hey , i think the flags will be improved in the future, as they could look way cooler :P
We also have issues with members either being long time in a negotiation while the rest of us where racing a sector with results to "False-Capture" that sector, or even just "Sabotage".
Try explain to your mates that racing till a lower level of the sector (like 100/160) will reduce the chance of such to happen..

Powe

Brigadier-General
And people now can ruin their guild by preventing any sectors from being taken.

McLaren 720S

Private
I have seen the ignore-pin-oops issue come up in Diamond league many times, as one of the GBG guild leaders it is an endless source of frustration when pins get pulled in multi-guild alliance play as it then becomes a case of find-the-culprit which is hard without better sector logging or auditing (Inno, you can improve this too!). Not to mention the loss of reputation, loss of resources, nearby pins being removed etc.

Oh yeah Inno, how about making GBG interesting by randomizing it across worlds like in GE....at the moment, it's mostly farming and fruitful, but boring...

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Hi McLaren. I dont think how pretty the flags look will stop stupidity and selfishness and it will continue to happen, only way it would stop if guild leaders had the rights to remove GbG participation within the member settings similar to the gbg commander rights

The problem I see with stopping people attacking something with an ignore flag is that guild leaders are not on 24/7 (as much as I try!) and things change.

The sector you are capping might suddenly need taking and members would be unable to do anything about it

McLaren 720S

Private
Yeah, that situation can happen. Though guild leaders not on 24/7 is a coverage issue.
As i mentioned at the start, Inno could leave the ignore flag in place and give us an extra stop flag (for sectors in safe territory/away from front lines).

r21r

Major-General
Hi McLaren. I dont think how pretty the flags look will stop stupidity and selfishness and it will continue to happen, only way it would stop if guild leaders had the rights to remove GbG participation within the member settings similar to the gbg commander rights
The flags won't stop anyone , that's true.
in my short game carreer, i have seen 2 kinds of guilds, a) the guilds that play based on quantity (they recruit every random player) and b) the guilds that are based on quality (they have less members but 100% control)
So, no matter if the devs chose to help a bit the "cmon it's just a game, make it easier for us", there will always be problems with the "quantity" guilds.
There are solutions as : setting cap 100/160 , monitoring the log and find the saboteur, explain to guild members why everyone must stop and not capture sectors.
If leaders can't manage the above, then Devs can't really find a solution to that problem, the lazy will always find an excuse...
i am 100% up for a GBG Log, but still, might reduce the trollers, but they won't dissapear :P

And i agree that the flags have infinite space for impovement lol

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I didn't read every thread through, but I think this thread and the "GBG exploitation must be stopped" thread cancel each other out!

Because by giving the guild leaders a more precise and more efficient flag (tool), they would be better equipped to further so-called "exploit the GBG"

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Yeah, that situation can happen. Though guild leaders not on 24/7 is a coverage issue.
As i mentioned at the start, Inno could leave the ignore flag in place and give us an extra stop flag (for sectors in safe territory/away from front lines).
Same can be said about GE levels getting opened, why not have the same process, normally in fair sized guilds 2-3-4 players have the rights to open the levels as required so why not implement the same process for locking sectors from attack could easily be solved and put into practice

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
On a more serious note --

Just become a more capable leader and make do with what you have instead of lamenting "a bad hand of cards" and blaming on the subordinates. As a leader look for fault in thyself first: could it be incompetence?

And the so-called "rogue" players are they not heeding your instructions because not paying enough attention and thereby inadvertently disobeyed the orders or is it that your orders /instructions do not make sense, and they have better ideas and do not have the time and energy, as well as are not in the place, to explain to you (the leaders) and therefore they disobey and do what they deem right, on purpose?

For example, you do know, do you, that the battle ground situation is ever-changing, and instructions must be updated (including targets and stop signs) in real time? You cannot just follow your "vision" your (theoretical) "strategy" and your "meeting minutes" (agreements/MOUs) among guilds (between leader and leader) without regard to the actual situation -- so, are you only think about "your vision"? and you do not assess the battleground's ever-changing situation, nor do you, me thinks, assess the capabilities / resources of the men and women under your command?

"With greater power comes greater responsibilities" -- the leaders should be enablers, not restrictors, of the talents under you; you should not attempt to restrict, and shrink, your subordinates, so that they are enclosed within your (limited) scope of leadership capacity and so that your management appears successful. No, you must enlarge and expand yourself, your capacity in order to encapsulate them. If you cannot do so, resign, and relinquish the leadership position to those capable.

--
Consider, and include, tolerance and allowance within your "strategic" planning, and do not give rigid orders that must be followed exactly by each word, nor instructions that require your men to do "no more, no less, but the precise, and the exact". Because tolerance and allowance has another name, and it is called "play":

2020-08-29 21_43_05-Window.png
Therefore, answer this question: For a game, do you want to exclude "play"?

Last edited:

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
Leader competence has nothing to do with it. Unless you use third party tools in a browser, there is no way to know what your members are doing in battleground. On mobile the only thing you can do it take multiple screen shots in anticipation of sabotage and compare before/after. The only incompetence is in the design.

McLaren 720S

Private
Zeratul, I wasn't talking about quality of leadership, strategy or responsibility empowerment. If i wanted that I would help set my guild a mission statement, have KPIs for its members, abundant Zoom meetings and regular reporting to management, just like my real world job :)

I was simply talking about a little game mechanic that I think can be improved, because i see it as a cause of needless frustration.

Last edited:

r21r

Major-General
No matter what tools and help Devs give to the players, Teamwork will always win in the end.
The Flags can be improved, by the Devs - The Teamwork , only by ourselves.
@McLaren 720S i have seen Guilds before the introduction of Flags, never capturing a sector...
always stopping on 150~155... Always...
I have also seen threads for the High Attack Players and also threads for just the Negotiators..
Targets only for people that won't be around for the whole day.

But mixing all these together, 1st of all is a problem, and 2nd Devs can't do much..
We suggested a brand new Message Center few months ago, and they made it..
We also suggested the "Lock-Ignore" Target, they made it.

It is not that they don't care, but some things can't be improved...
Ok a log, would make the things easier for everyone, but it is not that you can't find the saboteur ? correct ?

Neither the saboteur will stop the sabotaz, he will just say "missclick" if you find him :P