• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB Boost.

I have a Zeus GB at level 1 with +3% A/D boost. However, when the units are selected for battle, their levels are remaining the same. This is in an IA city. Is this how it should be for this Age?
Thank you.

CdM

DeletedUser7719

When you say selected for battle, you mean that they are in your "Selected Army" and not just in the unit pool, correct? If your Zeus just reached level 1 (which means it is not under construction anymore), then can you try refreshing and see if that works? If that's not the case, the only other thing I can think of is if your Zeus is disconnected since age has nothing to do with it.

Correct. For example, an IA soldier 9/9 in situ remains at 9/9 when I move it to the selected army slot, as do all the other units; I've tried them all. Not under construction, I've been aware of this for a couple of days now. The game has been refreshed many times during this period. No 'disconnected' notice is showing.

rjs66

Lieutenant
the units should be shown with a gold shield in the lower right hand corner in the "currently selected army" tab when boosted
but...

a legionnaire with attack 8 / defense 13 and a 3% boost is still 8 / 13
3% of not a lot is still not a lot - you probably wont see any change to attack / defense until 9% when attack / defense will become 9/14

at higher ages where attack and defense can be 100 or more the result is much more noticeable, and with 3 attack GBs at higher levels the result is huge

small gains shown for each iron age unit due to terrain and fighting other types of units can easily be a 40% boost in iron age

DeletedUser7719

the units should be shown with a gold shield in the lower right hand corner in the "currently selected army" tab when boosted
but...

a legionnaire with attack 8 / defense 13 and a 3% boost is still 8 / 13
3% of not a lot is still not a lot - you probably wont see any change to attack / defense until 9% when attack / defense will become 9/14

at higher ages where attack and defense can be 100 or more the result is much more noticeable, and with 3 attack GBs at higher levels the result is huge

small gains shown for each iron age unit due to terrain and fighting other types of units can easily be a 40% boost in iron age
Ah, that is true. A 3% boost will have no effect unless the attack or defense is at least 17 since if your attack or defense was 16, 16 * 3% = 0.48 which would round down to zero, so anything less would also have no effect.

Of course. You know, it never occurred to me that the amount would be too small to register. But there you go.
Thank you for the help.

CdM