• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Game out of balance

DeletedUser

I respectfully submit that the game is out of balance. Newer [layers cannot trade for the goods they need to advance and complete quests as lumber and marble are not longer required in the early middle ages part of the game. The game advancement seems to demand cloth and Alibastar and jewelry which newer players do not have and advanced players have no need for. I think that this may need some tweeking. Yes newer players can build their own cloth factories, but at such a production level of one per 8 hour day to get the 30 required for just one quests or advancement leaves players bored and willing to walk away from the game.

I also respectfully submit that it is Unfair for trade merchants being allowed to offer items at a 10 for 1 value, but you limit players to a 2 for 1 maximum. I really believe the game should follow the same rules the players have to follow.

Respectfully

nocroman

DeletedUser

That's the beginning of a good discussion.

Here is my perspective. Its all about friends and Guilds. New players can trade for goods they need with neighbors, friends, and Guild mates. If you join a guild with a variety of players, who are close to and above your score, there is a good chance they will be able to fulfill all your trade requests (and cheaply if you ask the right people). Alternatively, look through the Global Ranking pages to find active players who are near and above your point level. Ask them to be friends, exchange fp on GBs if you have them or just mot/pol each other. Then you will have access to their items in the market and vice versa.

The trade merchants are quite fair. A smart player produces 10 goods every 8 hours because he has boosters for what he produces. Those 10 goods can be traded for 1 that he has no booster for. The alternative is to build the correct factory (with no booster) and build 2 of those goods in 8 hours. Much handier to trade 10 - 1. The players do not follow that rule because the olther (smart) players are also building 10 goods in 8 hours.

DeletedUser6514

That's the beginning of a good discussion.

Here is my perspective. Its all about friends and Guilds. New players can trade for goods they need with neighbors, friends, and Guild mates. If you join a guild with a variety of players, who are close to and above your score, there is a good chance they will be able to fulfill all your trade requests (and cheaply if you ask the right people). Alternatively, look through the Global Ranking pages to find active players who are near and above your point level. Ask them to be friends, exchange fp on GBs if you have them or just mot/pol each other. Then you will have access to their items in the market and vice versa.

The trade merchants are quite fair. A smart player produces 10 goods every 8 hours because he has boosters for what he produces. Those 10 goods can be traded for 1 that he has no booster for. The alternative is to build the correct factory (with no booster) and build 2 of those goods in 8 hours. Much handier to trade 10 - 1. The players do not follow that rule because the olther (smart) players are also building 10 goods in 8 hours.

Tell me you're being sarcastic about the bold part...

DeletedUser

I noticed that some people won't trade unless it is "fair trade"(1:1). It should be noted that if you don't have the resources you are going to produce 5 times slower(i.e. 1 good instead of 5, per 4 hours) so even the worst player trade you can find(1:2), usually saves you a day. Don't get stuck in research waiting for the perfect deal.

Also most people don't regularly check the trade list ,sometime you need to take active role. Look for a trade either by PMing neighbors who has that production building or by seeking people in the chat/forum. Also plan ahead, you only get 2 out of 5 resources in each age, look ahead at your research tree and place your requests in advance. For that matter don't be lazy, when you got surplus offer them for trade, worst case scenario you get nothing, best you help others/yourself.

You can always find a "fair trade" guild. Honestly, there are way too many people that are clueless about the enormous benefits of guilds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I accually play on B solo for the extra challenge of not having a guild/friends to help me get the goods i need. It is doable as im late CA now and have had to produce 90isah % of everything ive needed.

I also play on 2 other servers in guilds with a large friends list, and have never had trouble getting the goods ive need to advance. I also have started quit then restarted late on a couple other servers, and again once in a good guild and some friends never had problems getting the goods ive need.

Early on its accually not all that difficult to produce what you need even if un boosted, as running multiple buildings for 8 hour runs produces 2/building and you should be able to get at least 2 runs in a day.

At this time imo there isnt a problem with the way the games set up, its more the player not finding ways to beat these small road blocks.

DeletedUser6965

I respectfully submit that the game is out of balance. Newer [layers cannot trade for the goods they need to advance and complete quests as lumber and marble are not longer required in the early middle ages part of the game. The game advancement seems to demand cloth and Alibastar and jewelry which newer players do not have and advanced players have no need for. I think that this may need some tweeking. Yes newer players can build their own cloth factories, but at such a production level of one per 8 hour day to get the 30 required for just one quests or advancement leaves players bored and willing to walk away from the game.

I also respectfully submit that it is Unfair for trade merchants being allowed to offer items at a 10 for 1 value, but you limit players to a 2 for 1 maximum. I really believe the game should follow the same rules the players have to follow.

Respectfully

nocroman

Yes, the game is totally out of balance.
But not because of the things u mentioned. U find the answers to all ur questions in GrossEyeEh's post.

I think every experienced player know about the imbalance in the game..
A good discussion about imbalance would be about GBs (former u had to save up all ur ressources, now with GBs u can swim in them and never have to worry.) And a "nice" sideeffect of the Boost-Gbs is, that there is no need for culture buildings, because the boost affects the base amount, so it's better to use the space for houses, instead of culture, then u will get alot more coins. (this tactic is the best, if u don't need fighting points).
Not to mention the loop-quests...(lots of diamonds, BP, FP, goods and ressources. Just make alot day-productions... But it's good u increased the amount of day-productions u need to finish a quest in InA)
there are sooo many ways to go around the playing-principle.

DeletedUser

I'm waiting for grosseyeeh's answer to bb68's question.. are you really that out reality, that you give 'good advice' to people, it's better to work for 8 hours for 1, than 8 hours for 2? you should consider keeping your advices to yourself, mate =/

DeletedUser

are you really that out reality, that you give 'good advice' to people, it's better to work for 8 hours for 1, than 8 hours for 2?

That's really cutting a complex question short - for example it can make sense to trade if all you are missing are a couple of goods to unlock something and you have some surplus goods lying around that you won't miss immediately.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

I'm waiting for grosseyeeh's answer to bb68's question.. are you really that out reality, that you give 'good advice' to people, it's better to work for 8 hours for 1, than 8 hours for 2? you should consider keeping your advices to yourself, mate =/

Have a feeling it was just worded badly.

The point is they cant have the npc market buying any where near to a "fair" rate as that would hurt player trades both with fair and the ones where people try and make a profit from trade.

Yes, the game is totally out of balance.
But not because of the things u mentioned. U find the answers to all ur questions in GrossEyeEh's post.

I think every experienced player know about the imbalance in the game..
A good discussion about imbalance would be about GBs (former u had to save up all ur ressources, now with GBs u can swim in them and never have to worry.) And a "nice" sideeffect of the Boost-Gbs is, that there is no need for culture buildings, because the boost affects the base amount, so it's better to use the space for houses, instead of culture, then u will get alot more coins. (this tactic is the best, if u don't need fighting points).
Not to mention the loop-quests...(lots of diamonds, BP, FP, goods and ressources. Just make alot day-productions... But it's good u increased the amount of day-productions u need to finish a quest in InA)
there are sooo many ways to go around the playing-principle.

Totally off topic. But disagree with pretty much all you said, and i consider myself a "experianced player"

DeletedUser276

So Serpense is calling for a massive cut to Great Buildings ;) I will let the devs know and see how they will cut them down a bit to "even" the playing field so to speak.

Also I view the 10:1 trades from the system merchants are a good thing. It forces people to trade with other people rather than rely on a system that resets its trades all the time. The only difference really is you have to wait for a player to trade what you want. If the systems trades were the same as players there will hardly be player interactions.

DeletedUser

So Serpense is calling for a massive cut to Great Buildings ;) I will let the devs know and see how they will cut them down

No need to inform the devs... :)

I think we got our April Fool's joke cut out: Replace all GB productions with 10 coins and change all GB info texts to "Nerfed by Serpens!! Take that, suckx0rs!!11eleven!!".

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser6965

I think we got our April Fool's joke cut out: Replace all GB productions with 10 coins and change all GB info texts to "Nerfed by Serpens!! Take that, suckx0rs!!11eleven!!".

Regards,

Anwar

hm, I will make my last post here ;)

Of course we do not need a nerf for GBs. All I wanted to say, that's really difficult, to handle this situation. Some players have GBs and the game gets really boring, because everything is too cheap und too easy to conquere. The other part of the players don't have GBs and it's okay.

So it's hard to handle this... so I think the the GBs should never have to be that good. But that does not mean, that u have no nerf them now. That's the wrong way. But it's ur problem not mine :D

DeletedUser3157

But but..people will want their money back if u nerf GBs!
Btw best way to nerf stuff is never lower value of something that is too high, just increase all the other values. Like lets say u wanna retroactively calculate all PvP gained rank points into lower value. Ppl would riot since they all lose score. So instead just increase both town pts and collect pts due get the identical relative effect, yet the people will riot much less because they didn't "lose" any pts(that is because people are stupid and psychology smth). hi

DeletedUser6065

Regards,

Anwar
The more I stick around, the more I am convinced BP/GB means Big Pain/Gamer's Butts . . . . . . mk

DeletedUser15230

Reading this, and the answers of the staff, i think, and yes, O great leader blacksmith, without capital letter, you can remove this replay again, like you removed negative replays before.

If dev. and com. managers are laughing about a tread, my guess there is some thing wrong.

Let me say it like this:

The game is not loading well, seems to be a Flash fould?
Seems to be a 32bits / 64 bits fould?

Its coding and you know it.

Then waiting for 2 days to explore a province ; sure you want to make some money : as the province is captured within a hour?
What do the dev's like?
What does the company like? Sure it will be Coins ; not gaming?

This game has a x2, x4, x8 hour standard, counting on, do you really think with next ages people gone wait for 4 days to explore some?

Nha, as i see it, and reading the respond from the "crew" i think this game is on its end. Sure there are people who's gone play this, but as im a bit sceptical and see clouds on the north and south, ánd on the last continent, there is no more for me to do, just wait for the next update..

In the mean time i need to enforce my guild or friendslist?
Pfff.. pls.. they all can do by themself, thanks to the waiting time inbetween the Ages, thanks to the GB's giving Goods, Coins or Supply's..

So, back to the Topic ; is this Game out of Balance?

Yes it is.

DeletedUser7719

The only thing I want to say: I don't get why there needs to be so much luck to get a "great" feature to the game

DeletedUser

Hahaha! Indeed, 10 - 1 whatever way you look at it, why would you do such a thing?

I say it.

I do it.

I'm happy with it.

Is that slow enough for everyone?

For those with capacity for higher reason I will try to explain a little more in depth: If I have gold and need a few granite, but there is none available on my market, what are my options? I can build a granite factory (keep in mind I do not have the boost) and build a few. Ridiculous in my opinion. I can initiate a trade and wait for one of my neighbors to pick it up. Iif the granite is in high demand I could be waiting a long time. Third and best option: Trade some gold, that I make quickly because I have 3 factories running, for the granite I need. Quick, easy, no problem.

But then I look at the NPC market as a last resort for people who cannot make it trading on the open market. I would hate to see it easier to trade on the NPC market as it would take away from person to person trading.

Edit to cover following post too: You are correct, of course, Dagar. But only when you need a lot of that 'good'. I would never use the NPC market to get a lot of goods, it is only useful when a handful of goods are needed. I doubt the NPC market was ever intended to be a commonly used tool for mass trading. This is a people vs people game and the NPC market goes against that concept.

DeletedUser

I agree with your points GrossEyeEh, except the fact its cheaper to produce your own than use the npc 10 for 1. 10 boosted = 8 hour run for 1 good vs me running non boosted for 2 in the same cost/time frame.