• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Game not reconizing my login

DeletedUser

• World: Fel Dranhgyr
  • Browser and Version: Firefox 21.0, safari (on the ipad)
  • Overview of the bug: Game is not reconnzing my nickname or email to get new password.
  • Screenshots: none, sorry.
  • How often this occurs: every time I log in at a computer that is not my own.
  • Urgency: high. My normal computer crashed/blew up/spontaneously combusted, so i haven't been able to log on for about a week.
  • Preventative Actions: I have tried doing it without the 'rememeber me' checkbox checked, but it still doesn't work.
  • Summary:When i try to log on to my forge of empires account on a computer that is not my own, a message pops up saying that my nickname does not exist. When i tried (just for an experiment,) one of my guild-mates username and no password, it told me that the password was incorrect. It's like my profile doesn't exist, but it does, cuz i am a active member in a guild, chat, etc. I have tried getting a new password, but it doesn't recognize my email!
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:
Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

This may sound silly, but it's often the little things that catch us out. When you are logging in, have a look to check the flag near the top left corner of the screen is set to the right market version. You should see a flag with a dropdown list, the English International version is 'en.forgeofempires.com'.

Each market version is separate, so your login only works for where you registered. For example if you are trying to get on to the US version, you'll be told you don't exist there.

Please let us know how that goes for you.

DeletedUser

Oh Thank You!
I actually live in the us, so when i checked over there and saw the us flag, i am didn't see a problem! Thanks a lot!
I was going completely crazy thinking "Oh shoot i don't exist!":P

DeletedUser4089

Hehe, glad I could help. And thanks for getting back to let us know the issue is resolved.

Enjoy the game :)