• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Game Language

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I assume that the rules governing the use of the English language on this server (En), in the forums, PMs and in-game chat also apply to players' profiles.

The point being, if a player has their profile written completely in a language other than English, and I don't understand the language, how do I know that it is not defamatory or insulting?

DeletedUser

I assume that the rules governing the use of the English language on this server (En), in the forums, PMs and in-game chat also apply to players' profiles.

The point being, if a player has their profile written completely in a language other than English, and I don't understand the language, how do I know that it is not defamatory or insulting?

That is correct; the ingame rule relating to language is as follows;

3) Language
This Forge of Empires server is an English game. The use of other languages in the game is forbidden. This means all communication and all publications must be in English.
In Guild forums, private communications, and player profiles a short phrase in another language is permitted, provided that this is translated to English either directly following or preceding it.
Support tickets must also be created in understandable English, otherwise we cannot reply.
It is allowed to use other languages to the extent of proper names and short, universally known maxims.

As stated there, all communication and publications must be in English and only a short phrase in another language is allowed provided it is translated. If a player is breaching this (or any other) rule, they should be reported to support who can deal with it in the appropriate manner.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4879

Google has a very good translater! Even so it is against the rules a few players do have profile notes in other languages
and easily translated.....

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I'm not going to spend my time figuring out what language it is in the first place, then try and find the non-English character set to use with my English keyboard, take a screenshot of the profile, and then type it into Google translate to find out what it means.

It is against the rules (most probably for the very same reasons I've outlined above), end of story.

DeletedUser

I'm not going to spend my time figuring out what language it is in the first place, then try and find the non-English character set to use with my English keyboard, take a screenshot of the profile, and then type it into Google translate to find out what it means.

It is against the rules (most probably for the very same reasons I've outlined above), end of story.

As mrbeef says above, using a translation tool is not actually a solution to this issue - it is against the rules and players should be communicating in English. Yes it is possible to translate phrases, but it is not guaranteed to get the correct language and the correct translation. Moderators and admin staff are not expected to be able to decipher other languages and neither are players. This is the International English server and hence English is the language of reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Belcher

Corporal
Due to the ratio of players vs moderators, it is not possible for us to monitor and review the profile of each and every player or guild. When a player encounters a profile which violates the Language rule of this server we ask that you raise a Support Ticket bringing the violation to our attention.

We will then take the appropriate action to ensure the profile complies.