• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Game Lag Time!

DeletedUser96801

"
I know this will appear long but I have been advised to post in the forum and if I only place today's Support postings some of the sense of the issue may be lost.
Submitted to support 16/10/2015
"I could have submitted this ticket in any of the 4 worlds I play as the problem is the same in all.
For over a week now the game response time has been very slow. This was occurring intermittently a while ago but then the problem righted. I am no expert but the from memory the problem seems to arise around changes to the game. I usually use Firefox, have tried Chrome both are very bad. Opera which I used a few years ago, I installed last night and it is slightly better once you get onto the game page. I know in Brisgard a number of people are experiencing the same problem as me. I am in Ireland, someone in England: in Finland: in Canada that I know of. Even typing messages is a trial. One individual is having so difficult a time he is not able to polivate. In case you might question it I have 8GB of ram, regularly run a cleaner and no problem with any other site. Have you any guidance on the matter."

Submitted to support 29/10/2015

"Reference was made on the Log In page of a small bug fixing update being made today (Oct 29). I don't know if this happened yet but I do know that having gone through my 4 Cities this morning it has been sheer torture. I have a lot of time on my hands more so I can guarantee than many others, I am not working and my family are grown but if this continues I will seriously question whether or not it is worth the hassle. It is a nightmare navigating cities & collecting from buildings. Instead of it being almost instant there is a time lag with all of these actions. It takes a lot to annoy me, but this morning I am annoyed!
Sorry for being so blunt!"

Submitted to support 29/10/2015
"My browser of choice has been Firefox for quite a while, if I was playing FoE using it at this point in time I would have given up some weeks ago. Chrome for me is not much better and I am aware of a guild mate in one of my worlds who was using a chromebook and the only way she could play was on her mobile. She told us she purchased laptop Windows 10 and I don't think its much better. After my issues on Firefox & Chrome I went to Opera and until today while not 100% it was markedly better, today is torture as I mentioned.
From my point of view this all started around the time the message system changed and the Columbus event began. That is an opinion not an experts view."

RANSHIR.

DeletedUser5180

can you post the reply you recieved to your first (or all) submission(s) to support

DeletedUser16026

The behavior is likely part of the 1.62 update, which took place around that time. There is a bug report on it over here.

While at this time we cannot provide more information, this has been reported to the developers and we'll passing along any information we get in the hope it leads to a faster fixing. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Scut456

Private
I am having the same issue on Chrome since around the time of the new messaging system. I have tried 3 different locations in Ireland with different internet connections and the issue is the same on all 3. It will not be worth the bother to continue with the game if it continues.

DeletedUser5180

I have recently changed from using chrome to Firefox which has been an improvement

DeletedUser96801

I am still using Opera even though far, far, far from perfect navigating and collecting in my own cities (the same problem not evident when motivating/polishing/contributing FPs in others cities). I have tried Firefox a few times and it is a disaster for me.
In my opinion this problem needs to sorted before any more updates new Ages added etc., as for want of a better description on my part if new layers continue to be added while the problem still exists the problem will become more difficult to solve and it may even be compounded.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

i live way out in the countryside with a very slow internet connection and find my iphone at work (whether using either the ios app or puffin browser) is way faster that my laptop at home

DeletedUser5514

i also have the same issues... changing units from the units menu, is a true nightmare. Is this on purpose so that people spend more time ingame? On my mobile its all faster and smooth.