• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GAME DISCONECTING EVERY FEW MINUTES

DeletedUser4727

Evening guys,

Thanks for your reports of the issues. To be clear, we have had reports of issues where players have to refresh regularly to get the game to function correctly. The majority of reports were from users of Firefox and Waterfox. The issue was reported last night to our out of hours system admins who worked to find a resolution outside of normal office hours. Unfortunately, a resolution couldn't be reached. Our developers have spent a good proportion of time today looking in to the issues, and we're hoping to be rolling out a fix soon.

We appreciate that troubleshooting can be frustrating for you all, and I understand that us asking you to complete standard troubleshooting can seem like we're shifting blame, but we aren't. We're simply trying to properly gauge the issue, and ensure we don't report something which can be fixed with some basic steps.

Thanks again for your continued patience.

Richard

EDIT: A fix should have now been rolled out. We're hoping for some positive feedback from players to confirm it is fixed for them.

DeletedUser108786

Yesterday was horrendous. Today, no problems at all :)) Thanks!

DeletedUser17094

Mine has been sitting on the loading screen all day today.
Tried different PCs, different ISPs. Only affected on Firefox (latest version) and latest version of Flash.
Loads to 86% and then sits there until it times out.

DeletedUser17094

Still no joy in getting this to work with Firefox anymore :(
Was working playable on Tuesday even though I had to relog in every few minutes, now I can't even log in.

DeletedUser17094

Still no change.
Anyone else not able to play this with Firefox even though its meant to be optimised for Firefox?

DeletedUser7719

There was a response from an admin here regarding the most recent Firefox update (Firefox 1.47):
We've been notified that this is a problem on Firefox's side with Flashplayer. It's not something that can be repaired on Forge of Empires' side. You can track the issue from here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1271398

If you're inclined on using a Firefox-based model, you could also try running the 32-bit version as that one does not have the problem, or maybe Waterfox in the interim till it is fixed.

While you cannot technically "downgrade" Firefox, you can look up lists of older versions, uninstall the current one (best to make sure you've saved any bookmarks and similar into a profile), and install an older version. I would not suggest doing this if you've not done it before and you have information (bookmarks and similar) that can might get lost. But you can get pretty good instructions over here.