• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Galata Tower PVP with plunder immunity

Having lots of fun with FOE but I recently got attacked and plundered x3 times.
No big deal; so on each occasion, I clicked revenge and won but was prevented from plunder by Galata Tower.
While I understand many PVE players have lengthy periods offline or don't attack others when Galata tower serves them well. Perhaps those that initiate attacks should not have Galata Tower protection on revenge attacks.
outlaw = outlaw

not hiding behind "galatas" !!!!

an eye for an eye !!

Last edited:

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
No big deal; so on each occasion, I clicked revenge and won but was prevented from plunder by Galata Tower.
While I understand many PVE players have lengthy periods offline or don't attack others when Galata tower serves them well. Perhaps those that initiate attacks should not have Galata Tower protection on revenge attacks.
This thread will not be edited by myself but please leave your feedback.
for me, i hate GT. i built it as other peoples built it to make same, now almost everyone in hood has it. i usually havent been attempted for plunder cause my high DA but my plunder got repelled a hundred times. its real weird that i plundered a player for 2 week and 8 out of 14 got repelled, and that player's GT boost was only 28%. It really sucks when i get repelled...
anway what im saying is, i liked the old days when just high defenses ruled

Knight of ICE

You mean something like that those that use a defence shield should not be allowed to attack?

Knight of ICE

No, please stay on topic. :rolleyes:

Can you explain how it would be different?

You attack and plunder me, so you are not allowed to use your defence shield if I want to attack you back and plunder you.
You attack and plunder me, so you are not allowed to use your Galatatower if I want to attack you back and plunder you.

Seems pretty similar to me.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
This thread will not be edited by myself but please leave your feedback.
If theve taken the time to attack all hoodies then put a 24 hour protection shield up then i would well done for using a different strategy

You attack and plunder me, so you are not allowed to use your defence shield if I want to attack you back and plunder you.
You attack and plunder me, so you are not allowed to use your Galatatower if I want to attack you back and plunder you.

It's exactly the same as nullifying the city shield. My first thought, actually, when I read the proposal.

The topic is open for discussion based on plundering other players buildings.
What I was referring to is specific to revenge attacks, if successful the player who first attacked you should not have Galata tower protection in my opinion.
Of course, the whole thread is about the title; posters will have differing opinions. Sorry if I have interpreted your comment in the wrong way as I don't wish another thread to be rerailed.

Knight of ICE

The topic is open for discussion based on plundering other players buildings.
What I was referring to is specific to revenge attacks, if successful the player who first attacked you should not have Galata tower protection in my opinion.
Of course, the whole thread is about the title; posters will have differing opinions. Sorry if I have interpreted your comment in the wrong way as I don't wish another thread to be rerailed.

So you attack me and I want to revenge attack you, but you have your city shield up. What's the difference?

Replace city shield with Galatatower and this discussion has been held multiple times.

r21r

Major-General
So you attack me and I want to revenge attack you, but you have your city shield up. What's the difference?

Replace city shield with Galatatower and this discussion has been held multiple times.

someday he will run out of tavern coins ?

good idea galata being activated only when you are peacefull within X days - also replacing city shield with galata (removing city shield at all) sounds reasonable.

good points

r21r

Major-General
Galata or city shield or whatever. I don't agree at all. Why shouldn't it be possible for plunderers to protect their cities from retaliation?
because (in my mind) galata was introduced because a lot players (who DID NOT USED to plunder) where complaining about being plundered.
but now, are the plunderers asking to be immune to that ... ?

idk, sounds like a strategic choice to me, which makes it interesting - you either gamble or not..

Galata or city shield or whatever. I don't agree at all. Why shouldn't it be possible for plunderers to protect their cities from retaliation?
Because the person they just plundered didn't ask to be attacked so they should have a way to retaliate and plunder without Galata tower getting in the way.
It's ok if you have a different opinion, nothing wrong with that.

Knight of ICE

You are still missing the main point and looking for ways to lock, derail, discredit or close my threads.
If that's what you want to do, go ahead.

Only one missing the point here is you. You are starting a discussion on a subject that has been discussed over and over again. Bringing in the Galatatower does not make it a new discussion. What you are discussing is if a player that attacks and plunders you, should be allowed to protect him/herself or not.

Knight of ICE

Because the person they just plundered didn't ask to be attacked so they should have a way to retaliate and plunder without Galata tower getting in the way.
It's ok if you have a different opinion, nothing wrong with that.

Person that just attacked and plundered you doesn't ask you to take revenge. What's the difference?

KOI derail my threads all you like, Galata tower protection is fine but not on revenge attacks.
I'm sure there are many old threads, that does not make this one invalid.
For a mod, you have a lot to say but please try to see my point of view.
Thank you.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
KOI derail my threads all you like, Galata tower protection is fine but not on revenge attacks.
I'm sure there are many old threads, that does not make this one invalid.
For a mod, you have a lot to say but please try to see my point of view.
Thank you.
Do you even read anything before you start your whine and rant?? What is the difference between having a Galata Tower protection on revenge attacks - or having a City Shield? Basically the same thing in essence as compared to what you started yet another silly thread on. City Shield will not even allow you a retaliatory attack, whereas Galata Tower allows you the attack, but only has a chance of keeping you from plundering the revenge.
Xeon - please learn how to read and stop your empty whining all the time.