• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Future game additions - Colonial Age (forum compiled version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Some people are asking what the new era will be like or if there are more ages after the Late Middle Age. Anwar, (an innogames designer) was kind enough to post fragments of that there is to come in Forge Of Empires. I have compiled a list of future additions for everyone to read.

Keep in mind that this is a list compiled by me, thus not representing official information but rather bits and pieces posted by Anwar!

Age Name: Colonial Age (historically speaking this would be 15th century) - there are lots of posts around made by FoE staff confirming this

Colonial Age Units: original post here
Rangers - Rangers were full-time soldiers employed by colonial governments to patrol between fixed frontier fortifications in reconnaissance providing early warning of raids. In offensive operations, they were scouts and guides, locating villages and other targets for task forces drawn from the militia or other colonial troops.

Dragoons - The word dragoon originally meant mounted infantry, who were trained in horse riding as well as infantry fighting skills. However, usage altered over time and during the 18th century, dragoons evolved into conventional light cavalry units and personnel.

Grenadiers - A grenadier was originally a specialized soldier, first established as a distinct role in the mid-to-late 17th century, for the throwing of grenades and sometimes assault operations.

Horse Artillery - Horse artillery was a type of light, fast-moving and fast-firing artillery which provided highly mobile fire support to European and American armies

Musketeers - A musketeer was an early modern type of infantry soldier equipped with a musket. Musketeers were an important part of early modern armies, particularly in Europe. They sometimes could fight on horseback, like adragoon or a cavalryman. The musketeer was a precursor to the rifleman.

Dunno if they come in order so someone with more knowledge about these names can point it out.

Goods:
Coffee
is the first good confirmed to appear in the new Colonial Age -
original post here
Porcelain is the second good to be confirmed by our very own bag of information regarding the Colonial Age :D Thanks Anwar
Tar is the third(?) confirmed good for the new age - original post here
Paper is another good in the Colonial Age

Supplies Buildings
Tobacco Plantation
- one of the bigger production buildings
Perfume Distillery - I guess this is another production building

Houses
Residential

Browsing the internet i have also found something interesting. Have a look at a new building Perfume Distillery

FOE_Open_Beta_Picks_up_Pace_2.jpg

Here is another shot of the Town Hall in Colonial Age

Forge_Roadmap_1.jpg

And last but not least, the Tobacco Plantation ;)

Forge_Roadmap_3.jpg

A residential house from the new Colonial Age!

forge_of_empires2.jpg

What else would you like to see coming in the Colonial Age? Post your wish and you never know who's watching.

Stefan

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2974

What I wonder is if there will be a Early, High, and Late Colonial age. I don't know if they would be able to fill all of those, however. Just my thought. Thanks for compiling this though, it's a great list of what's to come!

~Ninga78234

DeletedUser

Small correction: Gunpowder, Herbs and Talc will replace the "double" goods in the Middle Ages (stone, sandstone and gold).

Coffee will be a good of the CA. And I'll let you play a round of hangman with me for another one:

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser2974

That's interesting Anwar, glad to hear we won't be repeating goods very often. :)

S!

DeletedUser

Small correction: Gunpowder, Herbs and Talc will replace the "double" goods in the Middle Ages (stone, sandstone and gold).

Coffee will be a good of the CA. And I'll let you play a round of hangman with me for another one:

Regards,

Anwar

It appears I misunderstood the 3 new goods. Sorry for the confusion, will edit.

Uhm those * * * * * * * were another spoiler? :D

DeletedUser

E:

* * * * E * * * *

1 wrong call (S)

@stefan: yes and no - we play a game of hangman.

DeletedUser

No M!

* * * * E * * * *

2 wrong calls (S,M)

New rule: If you make a wrong call you have to wait for another poster to make a call.

DeletedUser503

I still think, as I've said before, the next era is Renaissance, unless we're jumping a lot of history. We've only just got the longbow! By my reckoning we're up to 1400, in military terms. Crecy was 1346, where cannon were used in the field, possibly for the first time.

DeletedUser

A&L:

* * * * E L A * N

2 wrong calls (S, M)

@ladysmith: The Late Middle Ages are usually taken to last until the discovery of the New World - an event which ushered in the Colonial Age. The Renaissance actually starts in the Late Middle Ages and stretches into the Colonial Age. We have already used renaissance architecture in the LMA - so we decided to call the next age "Colonial".

Regards,

Anwar

EDITED to put L into the game.

DeletedUser

Porcelain is correct. You get... hmmm, I'd give you diamonds, but I can't do that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.