• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Future development requests : give more importance to battle in defense

DeletedUser7414

Hello, like others i have a full army ready in defense as in attack ... because for my opinion the pvp part of this game is more exciting then the buiding part.

And it's a shame that even i win ALL my defense battle i do not win any points ... i would prefer have some damage on my army AND get battle points.

I also think that having no damage after a battle to defend my town is a little bit stupid. The need to be damage or killed ... that the way PvP is exciting ...

Thanks

DeletedUser1094

Hi belladone69...

Forge of Empires is primarily a building-game with the emphasis on a cost/benefit structural placing puzzle. But rest assure, that there will come some enhancements to the PvP-battles in the future...

DeletedUser653

I always find the truth and the FoE advertising very strange.

In the advertising for the game INNO state

"The world is waiting to be conquered in this free-to-play online strategy game. It is your job to rise to the challenge and take what is yours as the leader of your empire...

Create a kingdom from the ground up and conquer the neighboring lands in order to ensure the prosperity of your people. However, you must be forewarned that you are not the only one trying to achieve such a lofty goal.

Only those leaders with the best strategies and the strongest will can end up ruling the world. If you can create a thriving city and robust army, the entire continent is yours for the taking.

The way to the top is a long one and can only be mastered by those who are willing to fight to the bitter end with players from around the world in Forge of Empires. If you manage to create a thriving city and a powerful army, the world will tremble at your approach!

But I do agree its "primarily a building-game" but with No option to battle with other players to the bitter end!!!

DeletedUser1094

HRC said:
...but with No option to battle with other players to the bitter end!!!
And hopefully, it will never be so. That's why I like this game... You can sleep, rest assured that your city is still standing when you wake up. That nothing and nobody can take, what you have accomplished away from you.

DeletedUser7414

Building game = being bored after few weeks ... only PvP give (for my opinion) a longer life to a game who is basically repetitive. I hope FoE will evolve in the future to keep his players.

Thanks for your answers.

DeletedUser

Don't play a building game if you think they're boring. ;)
It's like expecting Pacman to be a First Person Shooter and be disappointed you can't shoot the ghosts, lol.

- L

DeletedUser

I do think that defensive points should be added in the same way that they are added for attack. This i think would be much simpler and change no other aspect to the defence of your cities. If you took damage from attacks then you would need to be online all of the time and never be able to sleep.

~ddrd1981

DeletedUser7414

I do think that defensive points should be added in the same way that they are added for attack. This i think would be much simpler and change no other aspect to the defence of your cities. If you took damage from attacks then you would need to be online all of the time and never be able to sleep.

~ddrd1981
they can imagine that you will not be able to kill your army but stay at 1 life point at mimimum ==> so it's easier for the next one to attack without getting injuried.

i don't know i try to find a way to make this game a little more "fight" then " building my lego" :p

i see a lot of people who quit game after few weeks because it's always the same ... even you change age , it's always same things to do ... changing houses, then supplies, then army ...etc...etc... i just build enought to win all tournement ^^ that's for me the only exciting part of the game.

I'm waiting for Kartuga beta online ( from innogames also) ... more fights there i hope :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Forge of Empires is the exception to Innogames' usual games.
They're is renowned for their earlier PvP games, actually. ;)

- L

DeletedUser2206

If you want to kill and be killed, try the InnoGames fun Grepolis.